JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not just today, but for the past week or so I've gotten out the bug out containers, the home defense stuff and gear and am inventorying, replenishing and updating where necessary.

When my wife and I moved here to our BOL, she had just started her slide downhill from early onset Alzheimer's and was already starting to wander. So I basically unpacked everything and just put stuff where it mostly made sense and devoted myself to my wife. She passed away a little over two years ago so it was definitely time to get this stuff sorted out.

Pardon my tin foil hat, but I can't help but think that the left will in some way attempt to create a major upheaval long before the 2020 elections. It may be domestic or may be in "collusion" with a foreign power or maybe just not letting a good crisis go to waste but I think something may be in the offing.
They're losing their grasp on power and I don't think they can let that stand.
Hat off. ;)

Ordered a new Kukri. For practical purposes (they are helpful for work and can be used as a weapon too), but also a bit of a nostalgic project I am working on at the present.

FCv6YAY.png

My custom order Rubbermaid, (???) 26" by 24" by 39" wheeled trash can with fight fitting lid arrived at the building supply store. Has a two position tow handle. Two big 7" wheels. Dark green plastic. Well made. Rolls easily. Slightly bigger than I imagined. Barely fit inside my Suzuki Suicide Baby Jeep. About $44 bucks each delivered to Cave Junction SW Oregon.

Fits into a standard depth closet very well. Clothing on the big closet dowel above also fit above the can if folded in half. The plan is to fill this wheeled trash can up with Earthquake emergency supplies with the idea of it surviving after some structural damage to the house. Should work well for short emergency evacs away from any damaged or burning structures.

This can looks very similar to the HD versions used by the various Trash Truck refuge removal companies. Does not also reflect the $190 buck price. These Rubbermaid cans are much lighter in construction and do not have the indented square area designed to work with trash trucks. Hopefully the SHTF stuff will fit in several of these. Will advise. That is all. :)

These are NOT as HD as the various big 60 gal plastic pickle or olive barrels. I DO NOT know if the Rubbermaid plastic is food quality. Will research this.

Worked-in lime around our fruit trees; did some pruning.

Loaded up @ 10 different test loads for a .300WM. H4831SC and IMR 4831; both with 180g Interlocks.

Hitting the free HF practice exams hard on hamexam.org....averaging 70%. I believe 5 Feb is the next exam in Salem.

This weekend:
Worked 3 paying gigs for around $300.
Took two 3 mile hikes through the woods.
Hand split and stacked fire wood. Burned some debris.
Bought 450 rounds of 40 S&W JHP @ .22 cents per round.
Taught a class on Emergency Preparedness/CERT.
Took possession of some new chrome wire shelves to organize some "stuff".

Went to gun range yesterday and shot all of my JHP magazines and then put new JHP ammo in all of my magazines. Also shot 6 magazines though my new Spike's Tactical as well. Also swapped out my canned soup rations and plan on eating the almost expired ones. Also bought some cases of bottled water since my current ones expire in a few months and also replaced my expired Quick Clot Sponges.

...Also swapped out my canned soup rations and plan on eating the almost expired ones...

We eat a bunch of no water needed to add soups, super handy for quick meals home & work, so are constantly rotating.

Our Fred Myers has progresso varieties at $.99 when you buy 8 or more thru 1/20. Decent stock up price, and we have been...

I'm building a workbench in the garage, mainly so I can get a nice cross vice and drill press and I also want to start reloading. AR15 on my list for sure. I like that reputable lower companies make them.

For now I picked up a P80 "Glock" frame. It's to easy not to make one, just hand files! Found a site selling Glock 22 .40cal complete uppers and trigger for a great price. I would eventually upgrade the trigger but to get a shooter going, will be nice.

I've also got my eye on the aluminum 1911's with the aluminum jig with steel cutters. They are also stupid simple to make.

We smoked two pork shoulders today. We're getting the smoker dialed in. We threw in a can of Bush's baked beans and smoked them too and they have a great smoky taste.
The plan is to have it be a regular cooking fixture as well as part of an auxiliary kitchen.

I spent part of last week dealing with firewood, moved some around and added an extra cord of Madrone just because more firewood always makes me feel better. It's insurance.

I also made a deal with the firewood guy to fell two fir trees, to buck them up as well as a half dozen or so fir we cut down last year. He'll buck them up, move them to where they can be split and take half for his inventory. Less labor sounds good to me especially the moving the logs part.

I'll be going to town tomorrow for some errands and when those are done I'll be picking up a new pistol I ordered. :)

Last Edited:
We smoked two pork shoulders today. We're getting the smoker dialed in. We threw in a can of Bush's baked beans and smoked them too and they have a great smoky taste.
The plan is to have it be a regular cooking fixture as well as part of an auxiliary kitchen.

I spent about part of last week dealing with firewood, moved some around and added an extra cord of Madrone just because more firewood always makes me feel better. It's insurance.

I also made a deal with the firewood guy to fell two fir trees, to buck them up as well as a half dozen or so fir we cut down last year. He'll buck them up, move them to where they can be split and take half for his inventory. Less labor sounds good to me especially the moving the logs part.

I'll be going to town tomorrow for some errands and when those are done I'll be picking up a new pistol I ordered. :)

You have to try the baked beans recipe, I love it with my MHC pellets

Dutch's "Wicked Baked Beans"

• Picked up a couple revolvers from the FFL.
  • Read more of an science book that focuses on earthquakes in the Pacific Northwest.
  • Tried to make progress on a silencer that was ordered in October of 2016, but is still not approved, and is in an "error status". 41F made things annoying, but the muppetry of the FFL/SOT handling the transfer has been simply unbelievable. Once the whole mess is settled, I will be posting about them for fair warning. Silencer Shop, thankfully, has been helpful.
  • Acquired some tins of Scho-Ka-Kola for the storage. It is a bitter-sweet chocolate made in Germany.*
* This stuff.
choc.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews