JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should have said that when they were on sale they were cheaper.

I would have to go back and see what I paid before, but either way, PSA has been the least expensive supplier for 5.7x28 I have seen. Everybody else has been like $25 per 50 on sale.

PSA has not had the Federal AE FMJ for some months now so I am buying some more in anticipation of some decent weather. I need to test the new Five Seven before I rely on it, and I want to get some 30 round mags and test those too.

I have about 2K of the BT VMax 40 gr. ammo so I think I can wait until they have that on sale again. That should be plenty for a GHB gun - 200 rounds (4 mags) for the PS90 and another 100 rounds for the Five Seven (two 20 rd and two 30 rd mags) fro a total of 300 rounds load out.

The reason these are my GHB guns are the fact that both the ammo and the guns are lightweight, have a lot of "firepower" and both guns have a decent effective range. Unless things turn bad, only the Five Seven would go into my GHB - or if for some reason I travel far from home (like last year when I went down to Medford for a funeral), in which case I would put the PS90 in the bag too.

If the HPS/SHARE bill passes, then I may have the barrel cut down to ten inches and have a suppressor permanently attached to it. Saw one suppressor that was made specifically for the purpose of permanently attaching to a short barrel to keep it from being an SBR.

Execellent thought proccess...similar!

The 30rd mags we've tried are relegated for range use only. No good fully charged, reasonably good short charged 2. Honestly haven't run them that much yet though (3-4 Times?). Hoping short charged & more use may prove more reliable.

Promags (I believe)...so there's that.

I "think" someone else may make a mag extension, but you need to sacrifice an OEM for it.

Execellent thought proccess...similar!

The 30rd mags we've tried are relegated for range use only. No good fully charged, reasonably good short charged 2. Honestly haven't run them that much yet though (3-4 Times?). Hoping short charged & more use may prove more reliable.

Promags (I believe)...so there's that.

I "think" someone else may make a mag extension, but you need to sacrifice an OEM for it.

Oh, okay - no Pro Mags for me. I thought there were OEM 30 round mags.

Twenty rounds is plenty

Picked up a Five Seven pistol for my GHB

Did a smoke test on it yesterday. Seems to work fine.

Put some flip out/fold down charging handles on the PS90:

K&M Aerospace FN PS90 K&M Handler

Works well - much better than the stock charging handles which are hard to use.

Planted a couple of cypress trees. The plan/goal is to use these fast growing trees for some extra privacy such that the house is more hidden from the road - especially in the winter. If it isn't too cold or rainy today I will plant some more.

Spent an hour repacking and restocking my trauma kit. One handed. Because yesterday I imitated an idiot trying to cut his hand apart. Fortunately it was a poor imitation, though I only have use of one hand for a while. The kit was buried in a closet but now I'm mounting it to the wall on velcro strips.

Ordered three of the Duracell 1,000 lumen flashlights. From Costco. Aluminum case, batteries included, $5 off and free shipping. $14.99ea

Today is the last day to order! :)

Got one today at the Costco in Vancouver on 192nd. Like it better than my olight, but that is because of ease of use. Olight has lithium batts and will likely last longer. Duracell seems equivalent on brightness and easier to use for wifey. Will likely pick up more.

Last Edited:
  • Got in some good practice with two revolvers; a snub and a full-sized revolver. Both are in .357 Mag, though I ran various .38s in the former, and .38s and full-house .357s in the latter.
  • Picked up some more canned and packaged goods.
  • Ordered some canned goods online.
  • Bought a new paella pan. (Can be used for cooking both inside and outside.)
  • Attempted to make more progress on my reading list, but, alas, the little ones are being very noisy today.
  • Did some more comparison shopping on a new wheelgun. I think I have it narrowed down now, but all larger purchases are run past the better half, so it is on hold right at the moment.
  • As soon as we can get the two potato-headed individuals down for a nap, me and the Mrs will be discussing new year plans in general, and preparedness projects in particular.
:)

The smoker arrived today and I got it assembled. I'm going to season it tomorrow and then try smoking a Tri-Tip. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'm haphazardly creating an outdoor kitchen and figuring out a fire pit and some sort of gazebo or something to put it all in.
There's already a fairly large concrete pad I plan to build on.
Maybe top it with some a this?. comes in clear, different colors and materials. I had a patio covered with some clearish fiberglass kinda stuff and really liked it..

upload_2018-1-1_16-31-0.jpeg

Cleaned up a little - very little.

Cut some logs into rounds and put them in the bed of the pickup, completing getting that one tree out of the ditch so nobody runs into it when the snow comes.

Towed the stump out of the ditch and down out of the way too.

Maybe I will build a fire in the stove now once I take some painkillers and let the knots in my back unwind.

Nice day in the shop; serviced batteries, checked fluids, ran the engines.

Installed a set of heated hand grips on the ole ATV; a nice mod for an 18 year old quad with 5,100+ miles...:D

Ran a battery down to O Reilly's for a free bench test; it checked out but I bought a multi-meter to show my appreciation for the free test.

Installed a new Harbor Freight bench grinder in the shop; got 20+ years out of the last one. A "one day only" 25% off coupon helped me decide.

Cleaned up a little - very little.

Cut some logs into rounds and put them in the bed of the pickup, completing getting that one tree out of the ditch so nobody runs into it when the snow comes.

Towed the stump out of the ditch and down out of the way too.

Maybe I will build a fire in the stove now once I take some painkillers and let the knots in my back unwind.
You are one busy dude. Keep on truckin!

You are one busy dude. Keep on truckin!

Not really. Spent most of the day on my posterior surfing the web. Only spent about two hours outside. But I did get that one thing finished before we get snow. I still have a few logs to move out of the way, but that tree and stump would have really damaged a car if it slid off the road - which happens every time it snows here - usually further up the road because certain people do it on purpose I think. Also, the kids (teenagers) sled down the road, and I would hate for them to hit that stump laying in the ditch. So now I feel a smidgen better that I actually got something useful done.

Well, this last week of 2017......PSA had a great sale on m855 by the case. So, of course I bought some, actually more than I really need.

That being said, I just hope that I'll get it in time for me to cut off the UPC codes and request the rebate (1-31-2018).

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads