JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do believe the flash hider is threaded on. It's listed separately in the parts breakdown.
Ya the logo is going black or getting a patch. Hazardous materials or a depends patch might work. :)

Nice score.

First rifle I purchased as an adult. We now have 2 10/22 takedowns.

One's scoped with a cheap simmons & one isn't. They're a hoot to shoot, and easy enough for all.

Keep an eye out for the double 25rd magazines on special, good value & handy to keep charged up for plinking.

Odds and ends ...

• Worked on clearing "Blackberry-Zilla". There is a massive blackberry patch right in the road of gardening projects. With the help of a Stihl brush cutter, I got about half of it removed. We're likely going to put a large greenhouse in that spot.
  • Stacked even more firewood. One upshot of "the winter from hell" was many of the fallen trees were bucked up, split, and stored. I'm almost done with the last batch.
  • Cleaned a pistol (suppressed Walther P22) that really need it.
  • Continued clearing the hillside above the garden.
  • Worked on a coyote rifle. I don't have the time to hunt said now, but I'm building a dedicated rifle for when I can get back to doing so.
  • Ordered a complete AR-15 shorty upper (upper, BCG, charging handle, et al.) from Midway for an SBR project. Our federal friends finally approved the Form 1.

Work was crazy, so not as much as I'd like, but ...

• I received a couple* emergency comm books from ARRL and started reading one today.
  • Bought some more canned goods.
  • Picked up another kiddo DVD. We've found that during the winter outages, we have power due to our preps, but the Intratubes are often down. So entertainment for the Potato-headed individuals has to be equally offline. ;)
* These.
commadores.jpg

A lot of my "preps" lately would not really be considered so by most.

I downsized my home (value) by 75% but no longer have a mortgage

I put all new windows in the house, put on a new roof and replaced a garage door.
I put up security cameras.
I have been working on the fence.
I built a supply of nuts and bolts to keep at home.
Replaced my furnace.

I have also done a bunch of work to my trucks. (tires, brakes and preventive stuff)

After moving to Idaho I volunteered for the local fire department, after a year I am also going to see if I can get on the EMS crew.

And maybe most important, since February I have lost 35 pounds.

Where I am at I think the most important "prep" I can do is become a active and visible member of the community. Becoming a volunteer fireman seemed like not only a way to do that but also become a part of the towns "legitimate" structure.

The big picture is I am trying to create an existence where I can survive with very little income. When I moved back to Idaho I bought part of an existing family business and the reality is I will likely be broke for the next 5 years while I try to get things rolling. So in a lot of ways its not just about being prepared for if something major goes sideways but being prepared for what I expect to be a lean number of years.

Part of my motivation for moving back to a small town in Idaho was because I think the next 20 years will be nothing like the last. I expect some rough financial times and possibly even an economic melt down. Being in a town of 4000 people in Idaho makes me feel a lot more secure than smack dab in the middle of 4 million in the Seattle metroplex.

Its also great to be back in a small town where people watch out for each other and help one another without thinking much about it.
Its been a huge undertaking to get moved down here, My wife and I have been apart for almost a year while I tried to get established (she stayed in Seattle and worked so at least one of us had an income during the transition) Our house in Seattle is suppose to close in 2 weeks and I'll get her moved before then.

So yeah, my "prep" has pretty much been changing everything and trying to get to a point where I have no personal debt and in a place where I expect it to be reasonable to ride out anything short of a nuclear war.

Had a moving sale Saturday and got rid of a lot of stuff I have collected over the last 30 years. Got about $ 1,200 out of it too. I need to get down to a 3 car garage of stuff in the next year. Having a contracting business for 25 years and the space to keep "extra stuff" ends up being a lot of stuff I do not need. A lot of stuff is going to be donated now to the local ReStore.

Met a guy who is building about a half hour north of us in Central Oregon. Already have a good network going over there and have not even moved there yet. The whole reduce expenses and live on little income is a great feeling. The transfer case clutch in my Explorer took a dump yesterday. Probably going to cost $ 1,500 to fix it. But I have this spreadsheet where I can plug in my costs on it, and it gives me an ongoing and real accurate cost projection, and I can put money into that vehicle for a long time and still be money ahead.

I was getting pains in the back of my knee when kneeling, Doc said to take 3 Ibuprofen 3 times a day for a week. If it helped then stop for 3 weeks & if it came back then do the 1 week thing again. I stress that stopping for 3 weeks is important (Doc. said so)...
YMMV;)

Dr. CoastRange57 is going to give you a diagnosis on that. Your knee joint is failing. I had a partial knee replacement in 2004. That replacement has now worn out and needs replacement. When the bone crusher put it up on the screen in the room, it was obvious it was bone on bone in the back of the knee. I was getting along with it, hoping to put it off until about November. Then I was on my feet on gravel for 3 days this last week getting ready for our moving sale. By the end of the day, I was using a cane to get around and the pain was bad. So Sunday was spent in a lounge chair reading and self medicating with iced Irish Creme and coffee.

I have a brace on it now, but it is apparent I have done some damage that needs some kind on intervention. I am going in Thursday morning and the bone crusher is going to stick a big mfing needle in there and inject some cortisone, so I can at least function this summer.

Now when I had my partial done, the immediate improvement was amazing and I wondered why the hell I waited so long. Apparently I have not got any smarter in the 14 years since however. The main thing I am getting out of all this, is that I have a heavy knee brace on it, I have to use a cane right now and I am about as able to defend myself as a fing turtle on its back. I am also falling behind on yard work, and hate being mobility compromised.

As a quack, I recommend a visit to a bone crusher who will X ray it and show you what is going on, and then you will be like me and deny it and continue on until it hurts so damn much you will HAVE to do something. Something about our age I think.

Dr. CoastRange57 is going to give you a diagnosis on that. Your knee joint is failing. I had a partial knee replacement in 2004. That replacement has now worn out and needs replacement. When the bone crusher put it up on the screen in the room, it was obvious it was bone on bone in the back of the knee. I was getting along with it, hoping to put it off until about November. Then I was on my feet on gravel for 3 days this last week getting ready for our moving sale. By the end of the day, I was using a cane to get around and the pain was bad. So Sunday was spent in a lounge chair reading and self medicating with iced Irish Creme and coffee.

I have a brace on it now, but it is apparent I have done some damage that needs some kind on intervention. I am going in Thursday morning and the bone crusher is going to stick a big mfing needle in there and inject some cortisone, so I can at least function this summer.

Now when I had my partial done, the immediate improvement was amazing and I wondered why the hell I waited so long. Apparently I have not got any smarter in the 14 years since however. The main thing I am getting out of all this, is that I have a heavy knee brace on it, I have to use a cane right now and I am about as able to defend myself as a fing turtle on its back. I am also falling behind on yard work, and hate being mobility compromised.

As a quack, I recommend a visit to a bone crusher who will X ray it and show you what is going on, and then you will be like me and deny it and continue on until it hurts so damn much you will HAVE to do something. Something about our age I think.

Thanks for that information, I have been pain free for 3 months after the treatment and hope that I don't overdo it like you but I probably will....:eek::eek::eek::D

Good luck on your next surgery.:)

A lot of my "preps" lately would not really be considered so by most.

I downsized my home (value) by 75% but no longer have a mortgage

I put all new windows in the house, put on a new roof and replaced a garage door.
I put up security cameras.
I have been working on the fence.
I built a supply of nuts and bolts to keep at home.
Replaced my furnace.

I have also done a bunch of work to my trucks. (tires, brakes and preventive stuff)

After moving to Idaho I volunteered for the local fire department, after a year I am also going to see if I can get on the EMS crew.

And maybe most important, since February I have lost 35 pounds.

Where I am at I think the most important "prep" I can do is become a active and visible member of the community. Becoming a volunteer fireman seemed like not only a way to do that but also become a part of the towns "legitimate" structure.

The big picture is I am trying to create an existence where I can survive with very little income. When I moved back to Idaho I bought part of an existing family business and the reality is I will likely be broke for the next 5 years while I try to get things rolling. So in a lot of ways its not just about being prepared for if something major goes sideways but being prepared for what I expect to be a lean number of years.

Part of my motivation for moving back to a small town in Idaho was because I think the next 20 years will be nothing like the last. I expect some rough financial times and possibly even an economic melt down. Being in a town of 4000 people in Idaho makes me feel a lot more secure than smack dab in the middle of 4 million in the Seattle metroplex.

Its also great to be back in a small town where people watch out for each other and help one another without thinking much about it.
Its been a huge undertaking to get moved down here, My wife and I have been apart for almost a year while I tried to get established (she stayed in Seattle and worked so at least one of us had an income during the transition) Our house in Seattle is suppose to close in 2 weeks and I'll get her moved before then.

So yeah, my "prep" has pretty much been changing everything and trying to get to a point where I have no personal debt and in a place where I expect it to be reasonable to ride out anything short of a nuclear war.

That all sounds like serious prepping to me, monster, and good on you!
We have spent two years on similar home repairs and improvements! The danged things just won't take care of themselves! ;) I've done a partial rebuild on my little Dodge truck, new roof, garage door, tree removal, new gutters and on and on!

Last Edited:
I haven't done jack, except reading and making lists. Damned pneumonia just will not release it's grip on my chest.
I just ordered a Becker BK-5 Magnum Camp Knife. It has an eight inch blade! I'm prolly gonna hurt myself! o_O

IMG_1148.JPG

I haven't done jack, except reading and making lists. Damned pneumonia just will not release it's grip on my chest.
I just ordered a Becker BK-5 Magnum Camp Knife. It has an eight inch blade! I'm prolly gonna hurt myself! o_O

View attachment 371493
I found one that looks just like it at a garage sale for a buck.
That's a classic butchers shaped knife,well one of them.
And no mine don't look so purty
image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top