JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finished up the garden today and dug the first potatoes that came up as volunteers early this spring. Yum!

Does the Preparedness Forum have a gardening Q&A thread? I am not very good at searching stuff. If there isn't such a thread I would be willing to start one, as growing one's own food is very important.

Thanks!

Just ask here! :)

I was buying a new slip on knee brace last week because my knee has been acting up. It dawned on me that we should have crutches and a cane. which we now have. I lectured the wife about how she should have a few pairs of thick sturdy frame glasses cause her "cute" wire frame ones seem to break if you look through them wrong.

I was getting pains in the back of my knee when kneeling, Doc said to take 3 Ibuprofen 3 times a day for a week. If it helped then stop for 3 weeks & if it came back then do the 1 week thing again. I stress that stopping for 3 weeks is important (Doc. said so)...
YMMV;)

Replaced a CV joint boot on our two seater; not that difficult other than rolling around on the shop floor like a beached whale..

Day 5 of 10 on a very-large oak-wood project; should be 12 cords of firewood when all "said and done".

The wear and tare on body and equipment with green oak is enormous, but splitting oak when dry does too much damage when it pops.

;)

Like trying to split wet or dry Spruce with a maul....:eek::eek::eek::eek: Alder to, is best split wet....;) Oak, I mill it and make these...

Oak Stack 1.JPG 100_0127.jpg 104_0633.jpg Oak Box 1.JPG

The wife and decided it is time to add 12' onto the end of my shop which is already 30x48 so will extend it to 30x60...:cool: I've been wanting to do this for years.
That said, we scored on 4 sets of shelving lots this weekend and a new to me "Bait Fridge"... the other old fridge is having hardening & sagging seal issues (+ it smells awful according to Mrs. Caveman) so there you have it, it is out of here!!!!
What really sucks is the fridge that I bought for $100 Saturday is older than the one listed today for FREE!!!!:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

20170615_121442.jpg 20170610_225117.jpg 20170610_225134.jpg 20170610_225111.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice acquisitions. I bought several of those steel cabinets at an auction and love them. As soon as I get settled I'll be picking up a few more. Although, I guess if I had less stuff I wouldn't need them.

Attended an emergency management talk about Cascadia earthquake preparation research starting up in Portland. Super interesting regarding what motivates a person to take action for themselves and their family BEFORE tragedy strikes. Also ordered spare batteries for my WMLs.

Attended an emergency management talk about Cascadia earthquake preparation research starting up in Portland. Super interesting regarding what motivates a person to take action for themselves and their family BEFORE tragedy strikes. Also ordered spare batteries for my WMLs.

Was one of the motivating reasons the ridiculously-growing population density in the Portland/Vancouver area, with the number of mentally disturbed, drug addicts and too many idiots with firearms mixed-in? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally 2nd Amend.

Bought two more spray cans of touch-up paint for my End-of-The-World Dodge Diesel, in coyote w/flattener added. At the Maaco Automotive I had them made at, the price went up from $15.00 to $25.00 per can! Because of having to wait on some old idiot who had to have his cheap late model sports car detailed (he must have been a real whale, the way they were kissing his bubblegum), I was able to get $10.00 off. Currently looking for another paint shop that can make these spray cans for a cheaper price.

In case anyone is interested: The paint is Sherwin Williams #47087 with flattener.

Wesco is a major automotive paint supplier. I don't 100% know for a fact that all of their outlets mix aerosol cans but Quality Paint near me does. Quality is one of Wesco's branches. Shows one in your hood...
9518 NE Covington
Vancouver, Wa 98662

Wesco is a major automotive paint supplier. I don't 100% know for a fact that all of their outlets mix aerosol cans but Quality Paint near me does. Quality is one of Wesco's branches. Shows one in your hood...
9518 NE Covington
Vancouver, Wa 98662

Just found out they don't carry Sherwin Williams, and my entire truck (all chrome, etc.) is in a beautiful dark coyote.

Very nice. Love the AR/M16-style flash hider (is it the real deal, threaded on?). I'd lose the Ruger-logo'd bag however, and get something more gray man/tactical (if you need it) in either OD green or coyote.

I do believe the flash hider is threaded on. It's listed separately in the parts breakdown.
Ya the logo is going black or getting a patch. Hazardous materials or a depends patch might work. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top