JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I filled these with loaded mags. Of course I can't say where this picture was taken, or how many mags are in them- ha ha ha!!!! Eat $h!t CALIFORNIA!!!!!

Geno
View attachment 310683

Hey Geno,

Do you short them a few rounds, or load to capacity?

The 30's I had loaded up a while ago I only loaded 20 rounds in. Just curious on folks experience long term storing mags to capacity...

Like are the springs good stocked away for a few years? Etc..

Edit, adding: nice organization with the foam insert there! Mine are just crammed in 50 cal cans...

Hey Geno,

Do you short them a few rounds, or load to capacity?

The 30's I had loaded up a while ago I only loaded 20 rounds in. Just curious on folks experience long term storing mags to capacity...

Like are the springs good stocked away for a few years? Etc..

Edit, adding: nice organization with the foam insert there! Mine are just crammed in 50 cal cans...
Hi Jon,
I'll PM you-lol.

I do like the foam insert - it keeps the mags separate, and 15 loaded mags is plenty for a plastic container. You can't put a 30 rd. mag under the handle recess either- only 20 rd. mags fit there. But you only loose 2 spots- not a biggie IMO.

Geno

The last 12 of 84 jars of tuna that we put up yesterday. Put the meat in the smoker for about 40 minutes on 24 of the jars. Those taste pretty damn good in the winter.

DSC_0816_zpss3dra0cb.jpg

Added some McCormick gravy mixes and drink powders (Tang, Kool Aid) to the barrel. All those mashed potatoes flakes and white rice could get a bit boring by themselves. Oh, and some raw organic honey too.

Ordered a non-electric smoker with a cover and a 3 burner camp stove. Both arrived yesterday. I have one of the stupid electric stoves that you can't use a pressure canner on :mad: so I got the outdoor camp stove to can on. It's actually better because who wants to can inside the house in Aug-Sept anyway? Almost every house in Reno has electric appliances, but we had natural gas put up to the house and my man just got a permit yesterday for the gas system he is hoping to install next month for our new furnaces and a gas range down the road.

Anyway, I can now get back to canning and learn the art of smoking meat.

Listed more stuff on the Bay to fund my pre election contingency funding. Survived a 36 hour whirl wind trip to Portland. Good food, good beer and the wife & I got to see her cousin & spouse who came out from VT. Good break because my initial ebay offerings did CRAP and I would have been watching them go nowhere..... I usually do very well......I may have already sold my golden geese it appears! Back to the drawing board this weekend. There are a few items I want before the full on panic hits in the next 6 weeks.

Brutus Out

Listed more stuff on the Bay to fund my pre election contingency funding. Survived a 36 hour whirl wind trip to Portland. Good food, good beer and the wife & I got to see her cousin & spouse who came out from VT. Good break because my initial ebay offerings did CRAP and I would have been watching them go nowhere..... I usually do very well......I may have already sold my golden geese it appears! Back to the drawing board this weekend. There are a few items I want before the full on panic hits in the next 6 weeks.

Brutus Out

Nice on the visit & such!

-Panic? What PANIC? Nobodies PANICKING!---EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN!
(I holler as I run around flapping my hands about...gets a good chuckle out of folks at work, especially when we need it.)

Bought a bunch of .308 ammo today from 2 fellow forum members. Both were great buys IMO.

Stopped into Cabelas to pick up an order of...ammo. Bought that on special a while back, and waited until a bunch of shipments all came in to save on trips up there & back.

Also stopped into both Northwest Armory locations, and bought ammo.
...because, well, it was on special. :)

Also picked up another full sized 9mm from another forum member. A new unfired Canick TP9SF. Looks to be a real nice shooter, and at a great price. Can't wait to give it a run through, along with my C308 which I have inexpensive food for, thanks to fellow forum members.

Drove up to Hood River OR, today. For those not familiar, that's Oregons apple, pear and maraschino cherry "basket." Apples were $0.89 per lb and pears $0.79. Bought a lot of both, at the source, and they are beauties! Now we have to decide can, dry/seal, freeze, and in what percentage! :D

Last Edited:
Kroger (Smith's) is having their annual case sale for National Preparedness Month. Chunky soup for $1/can. Pork and beans for $50/can. Got 2 cases of each, plus some other stuff, yesterday and plan to go back today (damn those limits! ) Also going to pick up some burger to can some of my spaghetti sauce and special family recipe of beans that I make with 3 beans, burger, bacon, onion and spices. Wish I had two pressure canners instead of one. I will be canning while watching Alabama, Oregon and Montana kick bubblegum today. ;)

Kroger (Smith's) is having their annual case sale for National Preparedness Month. Chunky soup for $1/can. Pork and beans for $50/can. Got 2 cases of each, plus some other stuff, yesterday and plan to go back today (damn those limits! ) Also going to pick up some burger to can some of my spaghetti sauce and special family recipe of beans that I make with 3 beans, burger, bacon, onion and spices. Wish I had two pressure canners instead of one. I will be canning while watching Alabama, Oregon and Montana kick bubblegum today. ;)

Nice scores Angie! That's a great buy on the soup, plus it doesn't need water, but can be stretched out with water/rice/veggies watever to make bigger meals when times get tight.

Special bean recipe sounds tasty - thanks.

Today I think I'll just relax a bit then do some chores & change the oil on my truck. Might think on putting the airbags back in the rear suspension, but oil change is priority.

Yesterday went up to North Fork Wolf creek and, well still need a lot of work. -100 yards-

.308, in the center mass circle, 5.56 in the waist circle. Target guy doesn't care though, he's still smiling...

184B65D2-D8E4-482D-BEE7-3A6C4850B7CA_zps2hf6lokw.jpg

Hi Jon,
I'll PM you-lol.

I do like the foam insert - it keeps the mags separate, and 15 loaded mags is plenty for a plastic container. You can't put a 30 rd. mag under the handle recess either- only 20 rd. mags fit there. But you only loose 2 spots- not a biggie IMO.

Geno
Well I was wrong about the MTM mag cans- they do indeed fit a total of 15 30 round mags with the lid closed. I have Pmags, but they do fit- not sure why they didn't before.

Geno

Since we needed more firewood storage, and I have some space next to a metal tool shed, I built an auxiliary wood shed this afternoon. It is nuth'n'fancy; just a wood shipping crate, some 2x4s, plywood, screws and nails, and some green paint.

shed2.jpg

Since we needed more firewood storage, and I have some space next to a metal tool shed, I built an auxiliary wood shed this afternoon. It is nuth'n'fancy; just a wood shipping crate, some 2x4s, plywood, screws and nails, and some green paint.

Nice!

Would also make for a decent sentry post in inclement weather, if the wood is stacked appropriately.

Just sayin' ...

Listing more stuff on the bay today, all profits go to preps. Went on a 1.7 mile hike and interpretive talk....in my combat hiker Danners, getting them more and more broke in, also tried out the wife's fig and mango fruit leather.....amazing and no sugar added, just natural goodness. Getting her to vacuum pack some for my GHB.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top