JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I absolutely hated the strapping on my recently purchased, Becker BK-4, so I did a number of Google searches to see what's out there!
There are a lot of aftermarket sheaths for them, but the leather ones look like they have cheap materials in them and the kydex, well it already has a kydex sheath. So I disassembled the original strap holder, cutting off the strapping on a band saw, and retaining the kydex portion of the suspension gear.
I then found longer bolts and suitable washers and reassembled the harness hangar on the opposite side of the sheath, so I can slip my belt through it and carry it horizontally at six o'clock.
Given how many aftermarket sheaths are for horizontal carry its apparently a popular way to go.

View attachment 307972 View attachment 307973 View attachment 307974

All that's left is to blacken the washers.

More photos, notice how I've cleverly grown a pocket, on on my right side, almost completely hiding my pistol! :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Bought a whole bunch of stuff online, and from 3 forum members today.

The Best Buy IMO was the Kevlar vest. A 2008 production, but the user kept it in new condition. Looks never worn. Fits perfect, will be tight if I put on another 20lbs, but I'm hoping to lose another 10.

Like any insurance, I hope I'll never need it, but will be handy in the area I live should the world ever go "really sideways"-to defend the house or get to friends locations.

Mowed my pistol range and managed to mow over a hornet's nest. Bonus cardio running 200 yards uphill to the house while a dozen of the little bastards made their way into my shirt to sting me. Luckily, I'm not allergic, so there's barely any evidence of the stings today (other than being jumpy every time I hear a buzzing sound).:eek:

I cleaned up my SHTF rifle today. Ready to go elephant hunting or knock an engine block out of a truck :p

Old 375 H&H:

:eek::D

I'm just kidding about this being my SHTF rifle. But I did spend some time cleaning it today...:p. Took some pictures for a friend and figured I'd share them with you guys too...

IMG_0746_zpsv50d4u2u.jpg IMG_0771_zpsytgdvvsj.jpg IMG_0782_zpsxhvms09l.jpg IMG_0786_zpsxorqurki.jpg

Last Edited:
Went to the dollar store! Got 60 bucks worth of adhesive hot pads, mostly Tiger Balm and Icy Hot. I sleep or not by way of these pads, sometimes.
Also got, a few bags of Floss/Picks and some home tooth filling putty for lost fillings! Interesting place, some times they have name brands and other times brands from Mongolia or somewhere!

... Most of my stuff is in the sholder joint and my hands. So sleeping with the pads is about as good as it gets...

Bummer! Any luck with using just Tiger Balm (the actual balm)? Might have to check for it at Asian markets.

An ex-girlfriend used to bring me super strong balms from Hong Kong, small pink screw top vials. Stank to all get out, "like old people" she used to say...worked great for my lower back. Not sure how it would do for shoulders, but likely pretty good on finger joints.

To prep:

Today I added another caliber, .308. Bought 2 long guns from folks on here & an ammo assortment from another. Plus bought a super nice full size 9mm handgun from another member.

All great guys & good deals. Thanks NWF!

Going to try out my new tools in the morning.

Bummer! Any luck with using just Tiger Balm (the actual balm)? Might have to check for it at Asian markets.

An ex-girlfriend used to bring me super strong balms from Hong Kong, small pink screw top vials. Stank to all get out, "like old people" she used to say...worked great for my lower back. Not sure how it would do for shoulders, but likely pretty good on finger joints.

I have, stuff works pretty good.
But, always,, always wash your hands after applying that stuff!
If you forget to and get up to take a leak,, you'll remember to ALWAYS wash your !&@! Hands:s0001:!

Yeah, works ok, but too powerful on the odor front to have on my pillow at night! :) Thanks!

Last Edited:
Added some matches to the grip core. Now I`m carrying on the rifle about 18 feet of paracord (wrapped around the triangular sidefolding butt), a bandage (Tucked in the hollow of the stock), 3 Ranger bands (around the MOE grip), backup earpro (in the grip core) and some matches with the earpro. I can carry all that without adding significant weight or bulk to the rifle. The sling can also be used as a TQ. Not a very good one but a TQ nonetheless.

ETA
Counting the little things I used to mount stuff I also have two velcro cable ties and a safety pin. The cleaning kit goes wherever the rifle does as does the bayonet.

Last Edited:
Picked up some "hardware" today. We have one FB page in our area that hasn't been discovered. Nevada will vote to outlaw these kinds of transactions in November, I'm certain. Wish I could share if it was stainless, titanium or chromoly, but I have a rule :) Happy with my purchase. It came with some food. Saving funds for a large buy of food when Emergency Essentials has some sales in September. Tomatoes are coming along nicely.

Hit the gym again. Losing weight and building cardio endurance for when the zombies come (also other reasons). Just in case they're the sprinting, crazed "28 days later zombies" instead of the slow, shuffling "night of the living dead" variety. Three weeks in and 5 pounds down. ~15 more to go!

zombie_survival_fitness.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top