JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made a wall around my brick BBQ as there is always wind at dinner time.
I set up my new rig and the quad with camp gear so if I want to,or have to fix a meal. Made sure there were plenty of cutting utinsels in there also

Took this weekend mostly off except for running the dehydrator:D. Onions, spuds.....good times. Diet went to hell at picnic but there is always tomorrow.:rolleyes: am still down 32 lbs from March and we took June off from the diet for weddings and birthdays.

Brutus Out

I discovered that mice had gotten into a 50# sack of peanuts that was hanging over some of my kit, that I normally carry in my truck. Mouse crap and urine and tiny bits of peanut shell made a nice paste on my gear. So, had to make a big batch of strong disinfectant in a wash tub and wash everything. Sucked!

View attachment 307425

PS: The rodent bloodbath continues apace!:mad: Thinking of putting their heads on tiny pikes around my perimeter!:D

I opened the door to my flatbed saturday and out jumped a couple of mice.

I hate the little rodents - they make a mess and ruin anything that is cloth. :mad:

Got it:

upload_2016-7-28_20-13-30-png.304676.png

Of course - you have to shoot Czech ammo in a Czech rifle - right?

i6gt2f.jpg

Finally put a gas tube in the fancy single shot, so I have an AR again.

Got some new acraglas, so I can finish up some other projects. Trying to make all the broken guns to working guns. The more the merrier.

Dug out, reorganized and took inventory of the gear in my assault-sized pack. Don`t mind the kitten making himself comfy at bottom right.

R3mXoYJ.jpg

Last Edited:
I opened the door to my flatbed saturday and out jumped a couple of mice.

I hate the little rodents - they make a mess and ruin anything that is cloth. :mad:

The little betard's suck, Heritic! They can destroy the wiring in you're truck too! I read that peppermint oil will keep them out, but I have no personal experience with it!

Picked up another AR today.

My new to me bolt action needed a friend in the safe. :)

Getting some nice back up iron sights for it in the morning.

Not sure yet on what to get for it scope wise, but I'm thinking I might do the same one as on the Mossberg.

Can't wait for the main range at ARPC to open during the week next month to try them out. Both of them will easily outshoot my non existent skills....

F2C273E8-6A2C-44D7-9763-F89B02523A24_zps3yhqpzkw.jpg

The wife and I drove up to Chehalis WA and stopped at the outlet stores today. I stocked up on my favorite Hanes heavy duty T shirts, all in earth tones, chocolate brown, OD and forest green! $9.99/buy one get one at half price and the wife had a coupon for $10 off! :D I'm going to wear some and distribute the rest among emergency bags as warm weather kit clothes. On to Helly Hanson, where I got two, really nice, zip up turtle neck, synthetic, base layer shirts and wifey a pair of medium weight, synthetic, long johns. Great deals all around!:)

My preparedness (& everyday) tip of the day is:

-I think I've mentioned how handy 91% isopropyl alcohol is.

I use it around the house & camping as a hand sanatizer. Camping I also use it to help with personal hygiene. Careful though, if your hands are still wet it can streak some clothing dye & paint (doors etc).

This is the best sprayer I've found for it, over at Walgreens. Been using this type for a few years, I just re-fill it with qt sized I buy from Walmart or Target (the refill costs less than the sprayer). Target used to carry the sprayer, but I haven't seen them in a while. Sprays a really fine mist.
Dr.Bronners!
My borderline hippie Wife turned me on to it,and it's absolutely fantastic stuff.

Decided to beat the November panic and acquire a Magpul D-60 magazine, just... because I could. :cool:And apparently the things work really well.

Might mount it on the wall in a glassless picture frame, and point to it next year going, "Well, I got mine!"

p_100016592_1.jpg
Looks like Brownells has a good price on 'em; that's where I got mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely hated the strapping on my recently purchased, Becker BK-4, so I did a number of Google searches to see what's out there!
There are a lot of aftermarket sheaths for them, but the leather ones look like they have cheap materials in them and the kydex, well it already has a kydex sheath. So I disassembled the original strap holder, cutting off the strapping on a band saw, and retaining the kydex portion of the suspension gear.
I then found longer bolts and suitable washers and reassembled the harness hangar on the opposite side of the sheath, so I can slip my belt through it and carry it horizontally at six o'clock.
Given how many aftermarket sheaths are for horizontal carry its apparently a popular way to go.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

All that's left is to blacken the washers.

Last Edited:
Made some stock wax/preservant. Called gunny's paste or 1/3 wax. 1/3 beeswax, 1/3 turpentine, 1/3 boiled linseed oil.

Applied it to a dry old 1903 stock after a cheesecloth and Tung oil cleaning.

So one more working rifle in the safe, a homemade jar of stock finish. A good day!

Tried to figure out how in a SHTF situation I would stay cool with no power or running water at my bug out location. I guess I've lived in Oregon to long and my body has forgotten it survived 3 years in the army in Texas

^^^^ Boy, if you saw a loincloth on me, you'd have a third win!

Gut wrenching, eye burning, brain overload! Possibly permanent blindness from trying to rip you're own eyes out with you're fingernails! o_O

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top