JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need to convince my wife to start canning again. Also need a vacuum sealer. The list is long...

I have a spare food saver model v1085 I'd sell for $40, could meet up in Albany at Costco. Bought it second hand off of another sight I visit for the accessories it came with (bunch of plastic jars & bags). It'd be just the saver unit without accessories or bags. Could throw in a free roll of the smaller sized bags to get you started though.

If you (or anyone) does get a food saver, skip on the plastic jars they sell. They don't hold seal after a few uses. I now use regular Ball wide mouth canning jars in various sizes for dry vacuum packing some daily use stuff (coffee, bulk nuts etc.). Works a charm.

Wide mouth canning jar attachement can be bought at Bed Bath Beyond & Cabelas, probably Walmarts has 'em. Not sure about the little hose thing for the attachement, but I can't imagine it'd be too hard to source. Be careful to get the jar attachement for the size jar lids you'd like to use, as the wide won't fit the regular & vs vs.

If you have a few weeks to wait Camel, I'll take that food saver off your hands...

No problem, just give a holler.

Edit: was in Bi-Mart today, they have all the bags & accessories it looks like too.

-on topic-

Bought a case of that 9mm Blazer 115gr at $9.97 per box, and a 10 rifle storage locker at $89. Some ball jars & extra lids. Won a box of cookies with my card too. I really like that store!

Last Edited:
Keg popped. Replenished with Vertigo Apricot Cream Ale.

Primed 1200 223 cases. Need to stop procrastinating on my reloading.

image.jpeg

View attachment 305681
Sorry, this picture didn't upload the first time.

View attachment 305680

Hey, jdaddy! I have a shiny stainless barrel on my M-1A, and I keep a can of mat black BBQ spray paint around to darken it if any serious unpleasantness should happen! The idea is that it might take a little longer to blister the paint off the hot barrel!
Something to think about! Nice looking M-4! :)

Traded some steel targets towards a nice pistol cabinet. Not sure yet where I'll put it. I'm thinking it'll go in my camper nicely. I have a small fire resistant box with about the same footprint in there now, but the fire box is too small to store much.

Hit a Bi-Mart on the way home for another case of 9mm. --That special ends today--

Went to the range today (...well yesterday now...) and tried out my new AR pistol.

It is a real joy to shoot. Didn't shoulder it once! Near on zero fealt recoil at the cheek.

And it didn't explode & take my fingers off. Yippee! :)

Can't wait until the main range opens to see how I can do with it at 50 & 100 yards...

E1E82FA1-BD47-4A32-997B-00A5AA1EA189_zpsepamgx8p.jpg

Hey, jdaddy! I have a shiny stainless barrel on my M-1A, and I keep a can of mat black BBQ spray paint around to darken it if any serious unpleasantness should happen! The idea is that it might take a little longer to blister the paint off the hot barrel!
Something to think about! Nice looking M-4! :)
Not a bad idea, SGT Nimbus. I have some high temp appliance spray paint I used when building my last Saiga. I'll keep that in mind!

Brought home the 'cruiser in my avtar with new meats on it. Hers the ad. No I didn't pay near that much for it
Notice the damage the last owner let their dog do
<broken link removed>

Cutting wood:

28spv2s.jpg

Trying to get it out of one area so I can go through there with a dozer next year.

Bought a few firearms, rounding out my type of firearms (more revolvers and non-semi-auto) and filling in a hole in my coverage (.45 LC). Still have plans for more non-semi-auto firearms.

Finally found and bought some Trail Boss - very important to my plans. Also a canister of Lever Revolution.

Loaded more mags, reorganized my BOB, wrapped the AK buttstock in paracord so it`ll be more comfy to shoot. It heats up really fast in hot weather and lets me carry some cord on the rifle without adding excess weight or bulk. Also keeping a bandage in there. Also made ranger bands.

88R6pKA.jpg

zqLzYTd.jpg

I discovered that mice had gotten into a 50# sack of peanuts that was hanging over some of my kit, that I normally carry in my truck. Mouse crap and urine and tiny bits of peanut shell made a nice paste on my gear. So, had to make a big batch of strong disinfectant in a wash tub and wash everything. Sucked!

image.jpeg

PS: The rodent bloodbath continues apace!:mad: Thinking of putting their heads on tiny pikes around my perimeter!:D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads