JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
GHB stays in the vehicle; just for if my commute turns into a trek.
Water (usually 1 gal, but never <0.5G)
Parka + warm clothes
socks + footwear
1 MRE
knife
first aid kit
Anti-personnel: Glock 19, total 50rd ammo. Assume I'll need zero rounds, if I need more than 50 rd probably not making it home.

I try to make sure it's enough for a 24hr hike (that's the target), and barely enough for 48 hr hike. (Bellevue to N.Seattle, 24 hours on foot even in wrol conditions should be okay)
Can't be too heavy (knees need 24hr of activity, weight is an issue)

Assume I'll need zero rounds, if I need more than 50 rd probably not making it home.
Ha..ha..ha
Some one got it right.
If you are in a fire fight and use more than 50 rounds,start stretching so you can kiss your a$$ good by
I would guess after the second mag is empty,I'm thinking I am pure screwed.
Not like real combat where you might be able to call your buddy that flies a warthog.
Never mind

I road a motorcycle around on the roads, including the Pole Bridge area - never had any problems.

For the little bit of time I spent at Glacier (a few days) and the months I spent in Alaska (Kenai, FB, Ketchikan) and other parts of Montana and Wyoming (including Yellowstone), I have never seen a brown bear, or any bear for that matter, in the wild. Plenty of moose - more people are killed by moose in Alaska and Canada than by bears.

Bummer! They are outstanding to see, very thrilling even from the distances I've been lucky enough to.

Spent a month in Yellowstone the first time I drove out here to Oregon. Saw several sows with both twins and triplets. That was summer '07.

From Yellowstone I drove up through Glacier & into Canada and acrossed that trans Canada then down into WA.

Only saw 1 more after Yellowstone, in my rear view on a 2 lane gravel road near ?Lake Louise ?. That one must have been a male as it was as long as the road was wide. Freakin unbelievable!

I did a u-turn to see if I could spot where it went into the scrub & grab a picture etc. Not a sound...if it wanted to take someone down they wouldn't have a chance!

Merry Christmas in July everyone! ;)

Some various food items came today via UPS. Thanks UPS guy! He was asking about what I had bought, which he said reminded him he needed to stock up on some things as well...

999E11E2-55AF-40AB-B8D2-35EFCA43287A_zpsnubdvytt.jpg

Bummer! They are outstanding to see, very thrilling even from the distances I've been lucky enough to.

Spent a month in Yellowstone the first time I drove out here to Oregon. Saw several sows with both twins and triplets. That was summer '07.

From Yellowstone I drove up through Glacier & into Canada and acrossed that trans Canada then down into WA.

Only saw 1 more after Yellowstone, in my rear view on a 2 lane gravel road near ?Lake Louise ?. That one must have been a male as it was as long as the road was wide. Freakin unbelievable!

I did a u-turn to see if I could spot where it went into the scrub & grab a picture etc. Not a sound...if it wanted to take someone down they wouldn't have a chance!

I've seen black bears in Yellowstone, Oregon, and near a friend's house in NW Montana. Never a brown bear.

Dropped off about two weeks of Mylar sealed and freeze-dried food for my daughter This trip. It's tough to prep when you're young and saddled with college loans.

Last Edited:
Got my new tires installed on my Duel Sport today, bike sure handles better on the pavement then the old Pirelli Scorpions! Got my new engine guards, and tail rack to install tonight! Cant wait to see how she does on the trail's this weekend!

Got my new tires installed on my Duel Sport today, bike sure handles better on the pavement then the old Pirelli Scorpions! Got my new engine guards, and tail rack to install tonight! Cant wait to see how she does on the trail's this weekend!
I'll bet there has been 200 through here this summer.
Every make but mostly bimmers,the cow a saki.
I'm down to my quad for a vehicle and been thinking on one of these for my long trips. Not that I take many but the quad ain't really legal on the hissy if the right stater is in town

I'll bet there has been 200 through here this summer.
Every make but mostly bimmers,the cow a saki.
I'm down to my quad for a vehicle and been thinking on one of these for my long trips. Not that I take many but the quad ain't really legal on the hissy if the right stater is in town
I built mine from an enduro sport! Nice and light weight with out the uber expense! It's a 92 ATK punched out to a 605 cc and gets it done as good as any!

ATKStr1.gif

Added 500 rounds of 9mm 115FMJ and 700 rounds of 5.56 62gr green tips to the cache.

Oh, and 300 CCI Mini-Mag 36gr HP. Just for fun.

Not much today to prep, but the UPS guy did drop off some more food. I think I'll sell a bunch of it in our classified section, if there's any interest.

I did get to stick my Arizona permit on my truck though, supposedly it's OK for out of state residents as well...

B868842A-B914-404B-91EC-6B9F852C9BC9_zpsxbm6uxmh.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads