JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The grass was so thick I had to borrow a mower this morning could not bag so I checked weather report, which said no rain, mowed, waited a few hours and then started to bag the clippings much of which was matted, while mowing it started to rain within minutes I was soaked, then it started to hail. I was soaked, I had to run my clothes through dryer. after a few hours a breeze came-up and the sky cleared. After more work I got the grass bagged, washed and returned the mower. Split some wood, not much as I was pooped. Now I have a lightening storm moving through. My body is aching from all the squatting I did yesterday. Tommorow I'll have to load wood and dismantle a sofa from #1, prep it for the dump. Going the VA next week, I have to finish cutting wood at #1 so it will be next weekend before I work on the mower again:mad:
My friend received his order of 10 M-4 mags from Brownell's, there's no such thing as too many mags, they may be banned before the election

Bought a thousand dollar magnum revolver on the off-chance that if SHTF I would come across .45LC ammo that I could shoot in it.

That's my story anyway.

I actually would have done better if I had bought $1K worth of pistol ammo for one of the other revolvers I already own. :rolleyes: But then I wouldn't have a nice shiny new revolver that can shoot .460 Magnum. :D

Damn nice revolver. Really good SA trigger, decent DA trigger.

Last Edited:
Mixed up some half decaf half regular coffee. This mix is Costco Kirkland brand Rwanda (it's a super super nice dark), with Costco decaf (Starbucks roasted). The decaf is OK, but actual Starbucks decaf Sumatra is much better, but is twice as much...

Put up about 8lbs of beans & 3 lbs ground for dry storage. That will only last me a touch over a month normally...so I know I have to stock up on more.

I figure in an event where life as we now know it gets "interrupted", I could stretch that out to 3 months+. I'd just ration it, however id have to do some tapering down initially to prevent caffein withdrawal. Currently I drink 3 liters a day when I'm off, about 6 liters+ when I'm working.

I figure a liter or 2/day would get me by and be a nice treat. I also have 3 different ways to make espresso without electricity, which would be a super nice treat. I also have 2 hand grinders, one does near Turkish pretty well.

I like to keep at least 30lbs decaf & regular beans (unmixed) on hand, or I start getting "nervous". I'm well below that now...

--Time to stock up!

It's more of what we have been doing for the last several days, which is ..... trying out different offerings from Rainy Day foods (Walton Feed). So far, there looks to be several winners that we will stock in our supplies. There are still many we need to get to, just takes some time. We think it's important to try stuff out before we make the investment for a larger order.

Mike

Jees I hope not, coffee's good for ya!
I drink about 2cups a week anymore. In Sequim I lived close to a 'bucks and had a laudy most every day.
My stomach is much better for not drinking as much coffee.
So anyway, bought some more chain oil and bucked up the rest of the firewood logs.
Still have lots of logs for building.

I drink about 2cups a week anymore. In Sequim I lived close to a 'bucks and had a laudy most every day.
My stomach is much better for not drinking as much coffee.
So anyway, bought some more chain oil and bucked up the rest of the firewood logs.
Still have lots of logs for building.

Capaccinos & lattes are great! ...it's the warmed milk that gets me.

Not quite as bad as full on lactose intolerance, just acid stomach.

I've switched from milk in my coffee to coffee mate sugar free (liquid). Really tasty. I add 2-6 shots of espresso to each pot. Comes out like an Austrian browner.

The other upside to dropping milk from my coffee is that it's easier to long term store my creamer. Coffee mate has all kinds of powders these days, some of them are pretty close to their liquid variants.

-leaves me more powdered milk & Nido for my cereal.

...no more acid stomach, from coffee anyways.

I've switched from milk in my coffee to coffee mate sugar free (liquid). Really tasty. I add 2-6 shots of espresso to each pot. Comes out like an Austrian browner.

The other upside to dropping milk from my coffee is that it's easier to long term store my creamer. Coffee mate has all kinds of powders these days, some of them are pretty close to their liquid variants.

I like my coffee black, like my... guns.

:s0154:

loaded some wood, busted down the sofa for the dump and loaded that

Austrian browner? Is that like a Boston Steamer?o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top