JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You've raised my curiosity.
Could you post a pic of your canopy?

Got a bunch of free bamboo off of craigslist. Added 2x4 pressure treated sill plates with holes 1.5" holes cut into them for the bamboo. Bamboo is inserted about 6-10" inside of wood and truck bed. I fastened the bamboo to the truck with carriage bolts and decking screws. The sill is mounted with large lag screws. The bamboo are attached to each other with 5/16" D clips and 550 reflective paracord. I added the bungee cords on the outside for easy accessibility for tie down.
The result is a relatively strong frame that could probably hold a couple hundred pounds of vertical force depending upon how its loaded. However, the main purpose of this frame is simply to cover it with canvas.
Next phase is purchasing and mounting the canvas :)

image.jpg image.jpg

Picked up some more antibiotics . . . for my fish. Since I haven't checked in for a while, I'm also down 10 pounds, 25 more to go. Don't need to be carrying around extra fat if I have to be in survival mode. I had gained about 25 pounds with the move and the stress of living in a separate state than my man for 18 months. Time to get it together!

My pile of firewood was interfering w/my splitter so I moved 4 PU loads under cover, may move one more.
Mounted a cheap 30mm scope I got in a trade years ago to a 10/22 to see if it has any potential or is just Chinese junk. I checked the settings on it's parallax knob and it is zeroed correctly.
The Seekins rings I'm using cost more than the scope costs new.
I've finished reading books #4, #6 in the 299 Days series and am on Book #3 'The Community' which has more application to my situation. The author seems to have his head in the game and has made some plot points I had not considered so I will probably read #1, #2 next. Turns out that the author of 'One Second After' has a sequel 'One Year After' so I'll read that as well.

I received a single point bungee sling and MagPul adapter plate for my new S&W carbine today, also a Brownells AR-15 armorers kit and a Hornady ArmLock pistol box! Looking forward to mounting my adapter and sling this AM!

Hauled @ 200 gallons of water up to the orchard; some of the trees were looking like "late August". Those 250 Gallon IBC totes fit perfectly into the bed of an OHV; valve sits right at the end of the tailgate.

Too hot to work by 10:00.

Helped rebuild the collection
Made sure my 22s were all sighted in today:D I was thinking of getting a better barrel for my 10 22.Not a chance.This is one of the cheapest guns I have ever bought and one of the most accurate.Even with open sights

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews