JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Split some more wood today.

With the time change maybe I can get home before dark and do some more cutting and splitting this week.

I need a timberjack, probably going to get a Peavey - I prefer the wooden handle. Going to get some tongs too.

Sighted in the scope and worked in my new (To me) Mak-90.. Shoots like a champ now.

Ran my HD shotgun through its paces. It checks out solid.

Ran my SKS through some tests. It failed. Stove piped 5 rounds out of 25. Might need to look at the extractor. I'll consult YouTube.

Also ran my Marlin Model 60 through its paces as well. It ran like a champ. Failed to eject two rounds out of 100, but that's not all that uncommon for 22's in my experience.

Burned through about 300 rounds of ammo total. Felt good. :) like old times.

went shopping in The Dalles, still no ammo or powder, Cash and Carry resturant supply has a better selection of rice, beans, peas, in 50LB sacks than Costco does. I compared prices from 1999 and they have risen 2-3 times what I paid, especially beans. Good prices on fresh veg and other goods. Will be cleaning some boom sticks later this week
Do NOT eat cinnamon dry by itself.

Mix it with something wet.

Repeat, do *NOT* eat cinnamon dry by itself.
I tried it dry once for BP. Cinnamon must be an alien life form, it is impossible to correctly injest the stuff! I mix with coffee and cream

Just spent $297.50 on a new, more sensitive probe for my CDV-700 radiation detector after reading how the Ukranians have threatened the use of nuke weapons against the Russians. http://intellihub.com/ukraine-leader-threatens-russia-nuclear-weapons/ I just found out about it reading the online edition of USA Today.

I do not trust our government. I sure as hell never trusted the North Koreans, or anyone in the middle east with access to nukes. Now THIS? I'm on a crash course refresher course- about 8 years ago, FEMA was offering AA degree's online for free in Civil Defense Logistics. http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.aspx anyhow- I took their "Nuclear Defense" school for a quarter- passed with an 85%- open book, open note's test's and the math screwed me up. If nothing else, take a few classes- home study, self paced- and they'll give you insight on how FEMA "thinks".

Last Edited:
Sighted in the scope and worked in my new (To me) Mak-90.. Shoots like a champ now.

Ran my SKS through some tests. It failed. Stove piped 5 rounds out of 25. Might need to look at the extractor. I'll consult YouTube.

Also ran my Marlin Model 60 through its paces as well. It ran like a champ. Failed to eject two rounds out of 100, but that's not all that uncommon for 22's in my experience.

You suck, Jack! (Lovingly gives him the finger) You have .22LR ammo and I don't! :p Why yes I am jealous how did you know? The Marlin Model 60 is one of the finest rifles ever made- I've had 3, and gave them away. Why? Because I have STUPID tattoo'ed on my forehead and I felt sorry for the people involved.

I would 1st thoroughly clean the entire rifle and remove any after mkt do dads that might affect recoil and bolt travel like the op rod and gas port then think about an ejector or recoil spring. wish I had a link to the small arms failure check list used by the Army

^^^^Polish everything that has a mating surface. Really detail the magazine follower and housing. Check or replace the springs. If a spring feels weak it probably is.

PS: I tried 30rnd duckbill mags until I found a really reliable one. It's now my fixed mag. I leave it in place and load from stripper clips.

Last Edited:
^^^^Polish everything that has a mating surface. Really detail the magazine follower and housing. Check or replace the springs. If a spring feels weak it probably is.

PS: I tried 30rnd duckbill mags until I found a really reliable one. It's now my fixed mag. I leave it in place and load from stripper clips.
well if you can tell when a 16 inch long recoil spring 'Feels weak" more power to ye.
I'm reminded of the time when an owner of a 4 cylinder Ford Tradesman Van decided his new Ford did not have enough HP and so decided to cut the new motor out of the van and replace it with a 20 YO V-6, which did not fit, in the slightest way. His wife left him shortly there after.
KISS
If it aint broke, don't fix it

Last Edited:
well if you can tell when a 16 inch long recoil spring 'Feels weak" more power to ye.
I'm reminded of the time when an owner of a 4 cylinder Ford Tradesman Van decided his new Ford did not have enough HP and so decided to cut the new motor out of the van and replace it with a 20 YO V-6, which did not fit, in the slightest way. His wife left him shortly there after.
KISS

More about the magazine spring. Sorry, I wasn't clear on that.

Doctors? Heal thyself. Reminds me of a story from around here a couple years ago.. a couple's car got stranded in the snow for a couple of weeks. They had very little food but made it out. They were worried they'd die when their many prescription drugs ran out but when they were checked out by medical after their ordeal, they were found quite healthy and no longer in need of any of their medications.
It really is what you put in your body. Either die/suffer or change.
Wait One
That's a Kukaburuo/Kingfisher

Just spent $297.50 on a new, more sensitive probe for my CDV-700 radiation detector after reading how the Ukranians have threatened the use of nuke weapons against the Russians. http://intellihub.com/ukraine-leader-threatens-russia-nuclear-weapons/ I just found out about it reading the online edition of USA Today.

I do not trust our government. I sure as hell never trusted the North Koreans, or anyone in the middle east with access to nukes. Now THIS? I'm on a crash course refresher course- about 8 years ago, FEMA was offering AA degree's online for free in Civil Defense Logistics. http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.aspx anyhow- I took their "Nuclear Defense" school for a quarter- passed with an 85%- open book, open note's test's and the math screwed me up. If nothing else, take a few classes- home study, self paced- and they'll give you insight on how FEMA "thinks".
Mate we will be in debt to you if you keep us informed as to our coming doom!

KISS

That Ford 4 cyl engine was pretty weak- it was designed for short range in town work and never designed for doing serious work. For all that screwing around with the (To)Yo(ta) engine he could have purchased a good running E250 and be done with it. Or a GM Safari, or whatever,,,,

As far as his wife leaving him? There's been time when I've wanted to put one of those stick figures on the back of my van where its me, my divorce attorney and one of my ex wives with the big old red round circle/slash through it....

Mate we will be in debt to you if you keep us informed as to our coming doom!

Funny you'd mention it- the CDV-700 Geiger Counter is about as primitive as you can get. HOWEVER- it's mil-spec nuke bomb proof in spite of being,,,,55ish years old or so. Darn if I can't upgrade the wee beastie to plug into the computer for 24/7/365 constant monitoring for a measily $28 kit from,,,,,,Amazon.com! The look of disbelief I had (Who would take the time to make an upgrade kit for an antique like THIS?)

Anyhow- This is the Victoreen CDV-700 6B model- and it only works when fed 6 volts off 4 each "D" cells. So I've got to build a 6VDC adapter so I can rig it for 24/7 operation just for the purpose you've said.

You think our own government would warn us if things got "hot" around here? Oh hell no! They'd brand a price on our butts and sell us down the river,,,,,

Good idea about polishing mating surfaces. I got rid of all the 30rd duckbill mags a short while back and re-installed the 10rd fixed mag.

That fixed my fail-to-feed issue, but now I seem to have a fail-to-eject issue.

I don't think it's a weak spring because it's stove piping the spent case before it can fully eject.

In other news.

Isn't it time to start getting those gardens ready?

I need to kill the weeds with something. My garden is over my septic tank so I can't use plastic or cover it, but I could use chemicals.

What chemical could I kill weeds with, but plant seeds 2-3 weeks later?

What chemical could I kill weeds with, but plant seeds 2-3 weeks later?

If you just want to kill weeds, I discovered a few weeks back that boiling water when poured on them is 100% effective. I'd made some hot dogs and the water was still super hot and since I'm renting rather than owning at this time I don't have a lawn mower and I wanted some of these weeds gone so I poured the hot dog water on them. The effect was almost immediate and by the next morning they were dead- nor have they come back. I've been trying to figure out why they haven't come back- I mean, dandelions have that big tap root and I don't think I got down that far. Come to think of it they STILL haven't come back.

Must be the niter in the hot dogs I guess,,,,,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top