JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good idea about polishing mating surfaces. I got rid of all the 30rd duckbill mags a short while back and re-installed the 10rd fixed mag.

That fixed my fail-to-feed issue, but now I seem to have a fail-to-eject issue.

I don't think it's a weak spring because it's stove piping the spent case before it can fully eject.

In other news.

Isn't it time to start getting those gardens ready?

I need to kill the weeds with something. My garden is over my septic tank so I can't use plastic or cover it, but I could use chemicals.

What chemical could I kill weeds with, but plant seeds 2-3 weeks later?

Could you use several thick layers of newspaper over the septic tank?

finally got around to picking up a IFAK. I been looking for months and finally pulled the trigger today.

Also had the Ft Knox guy come and measure to see how large of a safe I can fit in my house. now I just need to decide on what to order.

Also had the Ft Knox guy come and measure to see how large of a safe I can fit in my house. now I just need to decide on what to order.

*Said in Goldfingers voice* I don't expect you to store guns Mr. Blond I expect you to die.

Seriously? As a locksmith? 1)Measure the length and width of the floor where you want it. 2)Measure the height of where you want it. 3)Make sure you can put in the biggest concrete lugs in the floor and if possible into the basement wall also. 4)Hide the thing behind paneling. 5)Get one of those cheap inexpensive "gun cabinets" with the dual keys locks and put in some rebar so if it's jiggled it sounds like guns. Put the gun cabinet out semi-hidden- the idea is to have the bad guys steal it first so they won't look for the real safe.

Electronic dials have more combination but batteries die and EMP attack's ruin them. Electronic safe dials have a Safe & Vault Technician over ride code that only a SAVTA tech can get from the factory to bypass everything.

Mechanical dials will take 2 to 3 days to open with the ITL-2000 auto safe dialer.

Between the two, the mechanical dial is cheaper in the long run.

Larry, Associated Locksmiths of America #49952 is my number. Glad I gave you some information to be more confused with! :D

I went to the Beaverton (Beaverton-Hillsdale Blvd.) BiMart in hopes of getting a box of 9mm or perhaps a couple boxes of .223 or 5.56 to add to the pile, but was out of luck. So instead, I spent about $20 on canned goods to add to my supply. My daughter helped me pick out stuff: soups, beans, and fruit.

*Said in Goldfingers voice* I don't expect you to store guns Mr. Blond I expect you to die.

Seriously? As a locksmith? 1)Measure the length and width of the floor where you want it. 2)Measure the height of where you want it. 3)Make sure you can put in the biggest concrete lugs in the floor and if possible into the basement wall also. 4)Hide the thing behind paneling. 5)Get one of those cheap inexpensive "gun cabinets" with the dual keys locks and put in some rebar so if it's jiggled it sounds like guns. Put the gun cabinet out semi-hidden- the idea is to have the bad guys steal it first so they won't look for the real safe.

Electronic dials have more combination but batteries die and EMP attack's ruin them. Electronic safe dials have a Safe & Vault Technician over ride code that only a SAVTA tech can get from the factory to bypass everything.

Mechanical dials will take 2 to 3 days to open with the ITL-2000 auto safe dialer.

Between the two, the mechanical dial is cheaper in the long run.

Larry, Associated Locksmiths of America #49952 is my number. Glad I gave you some information to be more confused with! :D
no, it was the dealer and I wanted to see how large of a safe I could fit as I have a very odd enterence to my house.

Well I don't get white rice cause I'm a racist,oh wait I am white,never mind.
No really white rice ,and you should know this,turns to sugar pretty easily so diabetics don't eat it much.
I always buy wild or some other variety.
And to store it I will separate it into about 8" of seal a meal bags and freeze them,so about a quart?.I know you don't need to but what could it hurt?
Then when you put it into the rice cooker,you add a little more water than is called for cause it takes longer to cook.Kinda trial and error.

I use Gamma Lids, on 5 gallon plastic buckets, they screw shut and have an O ring. I have used trash bags and mylar bags since 1999 white rice keeps longer than brown due to the oils in Brn rice, Brn rice requires more water and longer cook times. 50 lbs of rice will keep a family of 4 alive for a month.

Could you use several thick layers of newspaper over the septic tank?

I wish I could, but it needs air to function. I can plant over It, but it has to have air.

I like the idea of boiling water! I'll try that tomorrow! Give me a chance to use my home made rocket stove :)

Got the new upper for my AR15 and ordered a new carry handle with rear sight. That'll be here Wednesday so I'll be back in 5.56ville in no time. ;)

Tomorrow I start preparing my garden and Sunday I battle the mud wasps on my hill so I can finish clearing the road up to the top of the mountain!

I got some barn scrapings last year that had been setting a while.This year they were out and it was too fresh.
But the stuff from last year grew French breakfast radishes like mad.So this year I planted daikon radishes,the long white ones Koreans use in kimche. Radishes love that stuff. The sprouts are about an inch and a half already.
Well they are in a hot house,lol
Gotta go block off some space in the coop today

My prepping for today was 1)ordered a new copy of my Ham Rdo license from the FCC since I don't know where the old one is 2)Started studying all 702 flash cards for my Rdo license upgrade 3)Ordered a bunch of parts to upgrade and fix my CDV700 Geiger counter- the $300 probe came in and I've decided to put BNC connectors on the box and on the probe's handle- makes it MUCH easier to repair it when the cord goes bad. It also allows me to use the original probe also.

Went to the Rose City Gun Show today. Picked up some 9mm SnapCaps, a 50rnd box of Speer Gold Dot 9mm JHP's, an Ergo sure grip for my Colt HBAR and a couple of cable locks for firearms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top