JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, I'm with many of you here.
The "Extreme black ops Operator" you see at the range and gunshop counters. All mollied out, talking in acronyms and lingo... Obviously never seen a day of service, probably still living with mommy and drives her Subaru r prius...
Early days of the internet, they were called " mall ninjas" before the internet we called them posers.
What are they called today?
They're still posers, but we use the French term... poseurs... :s0140:

#blackrifle
Yep, I'm with many of you here.
The "Extreme black ops Operator" you see at the range and gunshop counters. All mollied out, talking in acronyms and lingo... Obviously never seen a day of service, probably still living with mommy and drives her Subaru r prius...
Early days of the internet, they were called " mall ninjas" before the internet we called them posers.
What are they called today?
#POSERWANNABE or #ITOOKATACTICALSHOWERWITHOTHERMEN.ORG

Here's one we would rarely run into but it's a pet peeve I noticed. Small garage based ffl has driveway for about 5-6 cars or so. Parking is full and new guy with big truck rolls in and blocks everyone so they can't get out. Could just park next to road and walk a few more feet and not block anyone.

Guys r waiting on background checks or whatever and since he's the last one in they have to ask him to move his truck so they can get out. He does but then pulls right back in still blocking like 5 cars. What an A-hole. Some people don't think about others at all. Common courtesy seems to be sorely lacking with some of these people.

Thanks for being an internet bully. I"m starting a gofund me to change my name now. 😂
Hey, we've got at least one guy on this board who's real name is Brandon. How do you think he feels?

Although to hear him say it, he thinks everyone's cheering for him... :s0140:

The old saying of :
Flintlocks are better than percussion locks...
If you run outta caps your gun won't work...if I run outta flints , I can find a rock on the ground.

This actually happened....

There I was giving a display of my antique firearms....
I was interrupted in my talk by a fella who gave that very argument.
So.....I took the flint out of my flintlock fowler....and said to him...give it try...find me a rock on the ground here that sparks....
That was a fun time....well for one of us...:D
Andy

People who take gun colors too damn seriously. Especially the "all guns must be black or blued" crowd. Sounds like a bunch of high school girls sitting around the lunch table complaining to me.
👆🤣I am totally one of those high school girls complaining.

My pet peeve is gun colors that high school girls would choose (and which make the gun look like a toy).

Black, blue, gray, stainless, ODG, FDE (yeah ... "tan") are okay. But purple? "Robin's egg blue"? WT holy F is that about?

"'Taste the rainbow."

Come on, man!!!!

Glock 26 Robins Egg Blue and Silver.jpeg Orange Ruger - Blue Canik.jpeg Orange Sccy.jpeg Purple Kahr CW9.jpeg Purple Springfield 1911.jpeg Ruger Max9 Robins Egg Blue .jpeg S&W Revolver.jpeg Sig P365 Pink Slide.jpeg

People who post gun related questions, inquiries, opinions about certain things when it's obviously just a way to brag about something they have - and they could find the answers very easily on their own. Examples:

'I own 250 guns and am looking for ideas on safes to store all of them'

'I have a home on 500 acres and am looking for ideas on range designs.'

The old saying of :
Flintlocks are better than percussion locks...
If you run outta caps your gun won't work...if I run outta flints , I can find a rock on the ground.

This actually happened....

There I was giving a display of my antique firearms....
I was interrupted in my talk by a fella who gave that very argument.
So.....I took the flint out of my flintlock fowler....and said to him...give it try...find me a rock on the ground here that sparks....
That was a fun time....well for one of us...:D
Andy
One thing about old .54 caliber muzzle loaders, they are probably better at killing large animals than most modern rifles. They are on the short-list of firearms I would least want to be shot by...
If it can kill a full grown bison, I try to avoid it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top