JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People who take gun colors too damn seriously. Especially the "all guns must be black or blued" crowd. Sounds like a bunch of high school girls sitting around the lunch table complaining to me.

Permission to vent? One thing that bugs me, the whole "Tactical" thing.
I prefer tacticality to the once-ubiquitous emphasis on "hunting" that once plagued the shooting media in my early years... Not all guns (certainly not all of mine, tho many are) are made for "hunting", per se... That's just me, not everyone has to be a military, defensive, or surplus weapon fan tho...
Actually we have more types and styles available now than we did when I was growing up in the 60's... ain't capitalism great?!!;)

Last Edited:
#1) THIS guy; "You're rifle is fine for range use or training, buuut... ". The rest of the statement usually contains the acronym "CQB".
What, exactly, TF, are YOU using YOURS for? A lot of daily door kicking and CQB goin' on in your town right now?

#2) The number of Punisher skills and Spartan helmets l have to sift through to find a decent set of 1911 grip panels.

#3) The "gun sticker-mobile". It's only discernable purpose is to give me something to read while l'm stuck behind it at a red light. A weak flex.

#4) Kitted-up dudes at the range or shootin' spot not doing kitted-up dude stuff. Another weak flex.

#5) All day hangers-on at the gun counter, taking up space and monopolizing the breathable air. Go shoot something.

#5a) Know-it-all dudes who think they're the second coming of Elmer Keith.

#6) "I'm a bit of a Glock-snob... "
Huh? A snob? For a $500 mass produced appliance? I think what you mean to say is that you have a preference for the Austrian plasti-guns. That's like saying you're a Chevy snob... they're fine, but not exactly exclusive.
Also, claiming "snobbery" for a brand is... just... weird.

1679237944580.png

Re snap caps for 22, you probably tried it already but the plastic yellow wall anchors work great for 22lr and will feed in some guns. The white anchors work well for 22 mag. In revolvers I rotate them so it doesn't always hit in the same spot and break the anchor.
Thanks, That was a great suggestion. I use the wall anchors as a "firing pin catch" when I have the bolt closed to avoid a pin strike.
I haven't tried to go through all the wall anchors in my garage on the off chance there's a perfect type waiting to be discovered.
The issue with the ones I'm using is that they are too flimsy for feeding. Certainly work for just single chambering.

Oh, I know exactly what they are doing. I guess I should say that I hate the validation seeking posts where they pose it as a question about the quality of the item. If you want validation, just acknowledge that.
Almost everyone, needs a "Attaboy", from time to time.
Those that don't, are pretty cold, and have few traits that are conducive to benefiting others.
. Not the kind of person I would care to share a campfire with.
☹️☹️

Almost everyone, needs a "Attaboy", from time to time.
Those that don't, are pretty cold, and have few traits that are conducive to benefiting others.
. Not the kind of person I would care to share a campfire with.
☹️☹️
Hooold on now. Those types are typically single, have more disposable income, like to show off and let you shoot their expensive/exotic firearms... and bring the good hooch to the campfire.

Let's not be hasty.........

🤣

This may not be received well……

People who have the mentality that a firearm is the solution for every situation and refuse to broaden their skills in other areas.

Lazy men/women who conceal carry.

Liabilities that think they are an asset.

Unrealistic ideas/expectations of how a real world fight happens/unfolds.

People who carry a gun but have zero situational awareness.

People who carry a gun but don't have the slightest clue when you can legally deploy your firearm.

People who know everything about guns but nothing about the legal ramifications of when they are used.

People who carry a gun they don't shoot and can't hit anything with but carry it because it's "comfortable."

My pet peeves are more with the community then they are with firearms themselves.

Thanks, That was a great suggestion. I use the wall anchors as a "firing pin catch" when I have the bolt closed to avoid a pin strike.
I haven't tried to go through all the wall anchors in my garage on the off chance there's a perfect type waiting to be discovered.
The issue with the ones I'm using is that they are too flimsy for feeding. Certainly work for just single chambering.
Fwiw I've noticed the home depot everbuilt brand #4-6 yellow for 22lr and #8-10 white for 22 mag at Home Depot work well. About $4 for 100 for the white ones.

It sure bothers me when just before the action starts in a movie, the hero has to chamber a round, in his lever, pump, or bolt action weapon. What ever happened to readiness? Didn't anyone ever tell him that, a weapon without a round in the chamber is nothing but a glorified pipe? :s0092:

I know, I know, it's Hollywood, but it still bothers me. :rolleyes:

I can just see Andy saying, "Oh $hit ! There may be trouble." as he pours powder down his barrel. :eek: :rolleyes:

When newbs stand up at the gun counter, Hollywood posturing while sweeping everybody then proceed to wrist snap shut a wheel gun or drop the slide lock and let a semi slam shut on an empty chamber.
This is when the experienced counter clerk checks the guy and lets him know this is unacceptable. But most of the newbs don't know any better and are just repeating behaviors depicted in movies and TV shows that looks cool. These are teaching moments, not simply the time to stand back, roll your eyes and then tell your buddies what you saw some moron newb do... I've actually taken aside some of the people, initiated conversation and politely explained Rule 2 and proper gun handling (so as not to damage the gun) to them. Guess what: sometimes I got thanked and told no one had ever talked to them about this stuff.
Guys in the store telling their life story to the clerk (after they are done buying) as if they were the only person on the planet while 10 people are waiting in line to just buy some ammo.
Gun counter clerks tolerating this. And gun counter clerks who lecture, or display brand bias or disparage certain gun brands, or tell their own cool guy war stories...

Keyboard warriors (like I am doing at the moment) who complain about pet peeves when they should be enjoying / practicing their shooting skills and related preparations (take a kid shooting). :s0130:

Hooold on now. Those types are typically single, have more disposable income, like to show off and let you shoot their expensive/exotic firearms... and bring the good hooch to the campfire.

Let's not be hasty.........
I had to log off to see the comment that led Yarome to make the amusing reply above. I must admit, I have no idea why I'm being ignored by the person that Yarome quoted. I cannot recall any sort of negative conversation with them on this site in any way... :s0092:

With that said, I'll post my own firearms (website) related pet peeve... being blocked by people I don't know and with whom I've never spoken for reasons completely unknown to me. Hey, like Yarome says, I'm single, with a fair amount of disposable income, and I'll let just about anyone shoot just about any gun I have. And I bring great hooch to the campfire! :s0140:

Last Edited:
Yep, I'm with many of you here.
The "Extreme black ops Operator" you see at the range and gunshop counters. All mollied out, talking in acronyms and lingo... Obviously never seen a day of service, probably still living with mommy and drives her Subaru r prius...
Early days of the internet, they were called " mall ninjas" before the internet we called them posers.
What are they called today?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top