JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do my research weeks in advance and watch the BF sales carefully. I'll be saving $75 on a Geissele rail Thursday and every thing was done online in the comfort of my man cave. Yes, BF is so stupid.

I see that primary arms has Troy flip battle sights on sale so I ordered a few front and rear ones.

A3A7D195-9CBF-4B02-AFF0-43EE1AB071E5.png

Go to Disneyland and Disney Sea while you are in Japan. Disney Sea is the nicest of all the Disney parks.
I can say that because I have been to all of the Disney parks.
I intend to go to one of the disney parks, and it will probably be Disney Sea. Thanks for the tip! :)

Also, I think I just got suckered in by my favorite general mercantile for black friday...;)

Was hoping BCM would offer more deals on uppers like milspec M4 and C8 SFW, but alas it's railed uppers only, and not even KAC RAS.

Oh well, not like my M4 and the girlfriend's C8 are moving past Parts List very fast... wish I could find a deal on a plain, simple GI-type 1911 (arched MSH, GI sights, nothing fancy) before we lose CPL Cash-and-Carry though.

Well, seeing that I'll probably be sleeping in late Friday after doing the Turkey Trot tomorrow and then preparing the Thanksgiving Dinner...

But the damnedest thing happened this week, on Sunday I looked at an M&P 2.0 Compact 9mm, and today it followed my home :eek:. Good thing I run a "Sanctuary Home" for "undocumented firearms"
:s0095:

1EED8E67-EE34-449F-ACEA-7B7FF2D5595F.jpeg

So, I guess that's my early Black Friday gift to myself...

By the way, Sportsmen's Warehouse has ATI Extreme Firepower Commander and Government models for 339.00

I didn't have plans on getting another rifle, but this Radical Firearms 762x39 for $369 was too tough to pass up. I'm sure I'd spend 2x if I built it myself.

This actually simplifies things slightly as well - I'm out of money and done shopping...
These are on sale @ Primary Arms if anyone is curious.
RF_762x39.jpg

Sadly, not even buying xmas gifts this year. For me or anyone else. So Black Friday is a bust too. Can't even afford ammo.

Less than two years ago, I had ~20 guns and flush with cash. Not RICH flush, but wasn't wondering how to pay for my next range trip.

Now I'm down to just my conceal/carry pistol and only got to a range once this year.
It's almost like shooting isn't one of my hobbies anymore.

Car repairs, hospital bills and health issues (mostly the wife) and about $20k in house issues.... Cleaned me out.

Well, I guess I should be grateful I have what I do.

/EXIT SOLO PITY PARTY
Howdy @ravenswood !

Come with me to either TCGC or my preferred spot off Highway 6, we can pick a day in the next two or three weeks and run some rounds, my treat. (let me know what caliber you shoot)

I am in a similar boat, the cushy six-figure day job I had until last September has yet to be replaced and it has caused me to be both cautious in how I am going to spend each day working so I get maximum value, as well as being more grateful for every little thing I never considered and realizing how wonderful my little family is. Never been so richly blessed.

Howdy @ravenswood !

Come with me to either TCGC or my preferred spot off Highway 6, we can pick a day in the next two or three weeks and run some rounds, my treat. (let me know what caliber you shoot)

I am in a similar boat, the cushy six-figure day job I had until last September has yet to be replaced and it has caused me to be both cautious in how I am going to spend each day working so I get maximum value, as well as being more grateful for every little thing I never considered and realizing how wonderful my little family is. Never been so richly blessed.

@ravenswood - What's your carry gun, brother? I'll buy you two boxes of plinkin' ammo.

These two above quotes are excellent examples of why I enjoy this forum.....:D
Andy

@ravenswood
I understand about feeling resistant to charity...
That said...Maybe think of it as a offer of brotherhood and a chance to simply do whats right for someone else...Often those that give , aren't thinking of "charity" but just kindness....with no strings attached...
Andy

Thank you @LuckySG and @P7id10T for those very kind offers!

Car's in the shop... again. God I wish I never met the brand "Audi". :/
So, it'll be a while before I'm mobile again, but perhaps I'll take up on one of those offers later.

Side-thought... It's a dumb feeling, but I'm resistant to charity. Don't know why, but kinda makes me feel even worse. Like I can't even take care of my own sh*t, ya know-what-I-mean?

Thanks again!

Frank in Hillsboro

Oh, and my C/C is a 9mm "Nano".
View attachment 520485

I totally understand that feeling. Everyone needs help from time to time. I know that people have helped me in my life and I will be eternally grateful to those who did. Now I am in the place to give back. If you need anything I would be willing to help as well. Wishing you and your a happy Thanksgiving brother.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top