JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not in a hurry to purchase one but want to start looking. $200 would be top end for budget.

This BA13 looks nice except for price.

Well if the 9mm will blow out a lung using a hand gun it should drop a Rhinoceros no problem in an 18 in single shot rifle, no problem at all.

So witch one of you fine folks would like to step up and prove Biden's theory first hand.

My real question is "Why" are we looking for an single shot 9mm rifle?

I would say you could always get a 1911 in 9mm, as we all know they are always good for one shot before malfunctioning (typical 1911) but the barrel is too short.

So short of finding an old Handy rifle and having a barrel made, as I do not know of any 9mm barrels out there.

You seem to like to play with building different toys so it would be easy to convert an 9mm AR to be a single shot by modifying/building a mag block to become a single shot feed tray.

If you use an Ar15 lower and not a 9mm you would have more room to build a loading block and incorporate a spring and plunger to utilize the last round bolt hold to hold the bolt back to insert the next round.

Close bolt, fire, load round, repeat process

Last Edited:
So short of finding an old Handy rifle and having a barrel made, as I do not know of any 9mm barrels out there.

You seem to like to play with building different toys so it would be easy to convert an 9mm AR to be a single shot by modifying/building a mag block to become a single shot feed tray.

If you use an Ar15 lower and not a 9mm you would have more room to build a loading block and incorporate a spring and plunger to utilize the last round bolt hold to hold the bolt back to insert the next round.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am wanting the bolt to stay in battery until I open it. I came up with ghetto solution for AR that I will try this week.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am wanting the bolt to stay in battery until I open it. I came up with ghetto solution for AR that I will try this week.
Very Cool
I do know CMMG makes a 9mm upper that incorporates a modified AR bolt with angled cuts on the lugs to do a delayed release for a rotary delay system. Still a blow back but a delayed blow back

I think a standard AR bolt would fit the barrel and if you not have the angled cuts it would remain locked up until you manually cycle the bolt your self. It might be worth looking into the CMMG barrel verses a standard 9mm AR barrel.

Very Cool
I do know CMMG makes a 9mm upper that incorporates a modified AR bolt with angled cuts on the lugs to do a delayed release for a rotary delay system. Still a blow back but a delayed blow back

I think a standard AR bolt would fit the barrel and if you not have the angled cuts it would remain locked up until you manually cycle the bolt your self. It might be worth looking into the CMMG barrel verses a standard 9mm AR barrel.
Very interesting idea. Another member suggested swapping in standard barrel extension on to 9mm barrel and using, I think a 5.45x39 bolt. All four of my 9mm barrels appear to be one piece and don't have the capability to swap out barrel extensions. I will settle for my simple but laborious option for now and see what commercial rifles pop up. Thanks for the AR ideas.

TC Encore would work, but not cheap.

Very Cool

I do not think the RDB bolts exactly match a .223 bolt. I could be wrong, but in mine they did not look the same at a glance, & a Standard ar bolt would not work right for a few reasons I think.

Well if the 9mm will blow out a lung using a hand gun it should drop a Rhinoceros no problem in an 18 in single shot rifle, no problem at all.

So witch one of you fine folks would like to step up and prove Biden's theory first hand.

My real question is "Why" are we looking for an single shot 9mm rifle?

I would say you could always get a 1911 in 9mm, as we all know they are always good for one shot before malfunctioning (typical 1911) but the barrel is too short.
I personally like to shoot steel out to 200 yards with a 9mm rifle. There is just something to firing, and counting to 3 before the target falls. I plan on getting a 9mm 16.25 inch threaded barrel to fire subsonic 147s out of while suppressed. Then again, I love single shots for various reasons. Not the least of which is noise while suppressed.

I personally like to shoot steel out to 200 yards with a 9mm rifle. There is just something to firing, and counting to 3 before the target falls. I plan on getting a 9mm 16.25 inch threaded barrel to fire subsonic 147s out of while suppressed. Then again, I love single shots for various reasons. Not the least of which is noise while suppressed.
I would like to be able to work up loads like you would for any bolt action rifle. I have read about way too many people having issues with 9mm uppers including ruptured cases. A single shot 9mm that leaves bolt in battery after firing should be able to fire just about every load under the sun without issue.

I should have bought an Encore a long time ago.
If you can find them they are a tinkerers dream. I especially like my 327 federal barrel because the sheer number of cartridges that work in it are amazing. I learned that 32 S&w long out of a single shot rifle with suppressor is not only about the same volume as an air gun, it is Very accurate to 50 yards. 327 federal is very good out of a rifle to 100. If I want to go big bore, it is 2 screws and a pin and it is a 45 raptor. Want to go long range, it is a .22 br.

I would like to be able to work up loads like you would for any bolt action rifle. I have read about way too many people having issues with 9mm uppers including ruptured cases. A single shot 9mm that leaves bolt in battery after firing should be able to fire just about every load under the sun without issue.
I have had no issues except these. Screw in triggers walking out. tula ammo being tula ammo. I had an OOB detonation with tula for reasons unknown, but it is Tulammo. It is crap. The best options in my opinion are taccom3g , (the dual feed ramp barrels are great, but require either their bolt or a bolt that they mill for free) or cmmg. I have both and recommend both

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top