JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A toddler's favorite question! Lol

In all seriousness, that question was already answered in post #16 😉
He'll squirrel and forget allllll about this whole thread by next wednesday. Won't even get to the buying phase, much less the load work up phase

He'll squirrel and forget allllll about this whole thread by next wednesday. Won't even get to the buying phase, much less the load work up phase
So you are his keeper? Interesting…

Regarding the topic of this thread, there is nothing unreasonable about it. Single-shot rifles are not an unpopular idea or some sort of experimental concept. I myself have entertained the idea of getting a cheap single shot 12 gauge for the purpose of using chamber-inserts in other calibers.

Again, as described in post #16, there are some distinct (and valid) advantages in going this route.

I think a better use of your initial "why?" question, would be, why does it bother you so much that someone is looking to buy a single shot 9mm rifle? Sincere question btw.

So you are his keeper? Interesting…

Regarding the topic of this thread, there is nothing unreasonable about it. Single-shot rifles are not an unpopular idea or some sort of experimental concept. I myself have entertained the idea of getting a cheap single shot 12 gauge for the purpose of using chamber-inserts in other calibers.

Again, as described in post #16, there are some distinct (and valid) advantages in going this route.

I think a better use of your initial "why?" question, would be, why does it bother you so much that someone is looking to buy a single shot 9mm rifle? Sincere question btw.
Mental masturbation without the payoff. Giving an alcoholic a drink. I'm not his keeper and wouldn't care to be, however I can't help but roll my eyes when I see a new dead end post for the umpteenth time this season, though frankly I don't owe you an explanation much like he doesn't owe one to me

Mental masturbation without the payoff. Giving an alcoholic a drink. I'm not his keeper and wouldn't care to be, however I can't help but roll my eyes when I see a new dead end post for the umpteenth time this season, though frankly I don't owe you an explanation much like he doesn't owe one to me
People pondering ideas just for the sake of pondering and BSing also get on my nerves, but I have to be able to make a confident judgment call that said person has no actual intent of attempting to turn their idea into reality.

In this case, I see no reason to doubt that the OP will not acquire a single-shot 9mm rifle (as he has indeed followed through on some of his other ideas that are likely the root of your consternation)!

To each their own of course

I would like to be able to work up loads like you would for any bolt action rifle. I have read about way too many people having issues with 9mm uppers including ruptured cases. A single shot 9mm that leaves bolt in battery after firing should be able to fire just about every load under the sun without issue.

Well…..

Tell me more.

"Ruptured cases"

Sounds horrible.

I have a POS OLY 9mm sbr that I got used and abused and then put 3k on before cleaning.

Pretty much worked great.

Has a weird ejector that I saw as suspect… that broke at the 20k (ish) mark.

The only blown cases I had were doing dumb stuff like using a rubber band around the trigger or mu thumb in a belt loop. I somehow lived though the handful of blown 9 cases…… pretty sure they grow on trees.

I got better...

(Don't know how I beat @sobo to this :cool: )

FINALLY!

Thank you for restoring my faith.

In what, I'm not sure.

P
Brilliant, gentlemen!

To answer the question, WW, I was at a doctor's appointment for most of the morning, then at the police station for the afternoon swearing out an affidavit. I sense good things on the horizon...

Brilliant, gentlemen!

To answer the question, WW, I was at a doctor's appointment for most of the morning, then at the police station for the afternoon swearing out an affidavit. I sense good things on the horizon...
apv7DrE_460s.jpg

One option might be to find a used CVA Scout in 350 Legend, they have a 20" bbl and you could find a 'smith to do a barrel stub using the existing barrel but shortening it to remove the 350L chamber. Yes, the 350L uses .357" Vs the 9mm .355", but 1) that's not a huge deal in real world applications and B) there is a fair-to-middling chance you started this project because you found a stash of Bazooka Joe Bubble Gum from the 1980's and you will be laser cutting projectiles from that, so no big deal to adjust the diameter

I got my single shot this way using a Bi-mart $99 12ga. https://chaszel.com/product/9mm-shotgun-adapters/
Now that looks like a nice idea. I knew they made and adapter like this but had only seen them that were a few inches long. Did not know they made them full length like that. For the OP may be able to find an old single shot break action that is in fine shape at some pawn shop or such cheap and make up what you want there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top