JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1659406118315.jpeg

thats it?
ok, what target load difference in 9mm performance are you hoping to acheive over a 9mm handloaded for a pistol?
I have a wide variety of bullet weights, types and powders to choose from. I want to be able to make loads from mouse fart loads, to screamers and maybe even loads to long for mag length. I want to be able to fire all of these loads without having to worry about adjusting buffer weight, extraction issues, etc.

Edit': this upper is currently set up with 16" barrel and is a rifle.

I have a wide variety of bullet weights, types and powders to choose from. I want to be able to make loads from mouse fart loads, to screamers and maybe even loads to long for mag length. I want to be able to fire all of these loads without having to worry about adjusting buffer weight, extraction issues, etc.

Edit': this upper is currently set up with 16" barrel and is a rifle.
That didnt answer my question but my guess is you just want to experiment for the sake of experimenting without any goal or reason. Let us know what you discover.

Come on fellow NWFA members. @arakboss's mind apparently NEVER stops working. I've really enjoyed following his projects as I assume (you know what they say about assumptions) our minds work in a very similar manor. I've never met him but did meet a fellow member who seems to know him and speaks highly of him. I'm a tinkerer but nature and always think outside the box, trust me on this one. The OP's ideas in the past actually inspired a couple of my projects in the past. Look at the positive, we get a whole new forum section basically because of his ideas. I really don't have more to ad, so I'll just go grab another beer now and check the Traeger.

I think If I were attempting to reconfigure an AR 9 into a single shot I would start here:

1) Stack quarters in the buffer tube to determine the number that would prevent bolt movement but allow the upper and lower to separate when the rear take down pin is removed.
2) Cut a suitable length of tubing or wooden dowel to the above length.
3) Use the rear take down pin to operate the thing like a single shot break action rifle/shotgun!

Smiles,

P.S. Let us know if you try this and if it works satisfactorily.

I think If I were attempting to reconfigure an AR 9 into a single shot I would start here:

1) Stack quarters in the buffer tube to determine the number that would prevent bolt movement but allow the upper and lower to separate when the rear take down pin is removed.
3) Use the rear take down pin to operate the thing like a single shot break action rifle/shotgun!

Smiles,

Genius!

Smiles,

I will give this some thought before drilling my upper.

Smiles,

I am thinking a piece of pvc pipe might be sufficient and could be easily notched to fit tight against buffer retaining pin. A wood dowel should work equally well.

I was thinking the same thing with a piece of dowel a few hours ago, but failed to post a reply. You know squirrel stuff happened and I moved on to another project.
I will try it out and report back. I am going to use my lower that is set up with cotterless hitch pin in place of rear take down pin. It might make it a little easier to open the action. If I decide to go this route, I might invest in a extended rear take down pin.

In the ad that was linked, this sentence stuck out as 'do they even know what they are talking about":

9mm Shotgun Adapters Allow a 12 Gauge Break Action Shotgun to use 9mm Auto in addition to Luger Ammo.

Isn't 8mm auto the same as luger ammo?

Jack

In the ad that was linked, this sentence stuck out as 'do they even know what they are talking about":

9mm Shotgun Adapters Allow a 12 Gauge Break Action Shotgun to use 9mm Auto in addition to Luger Ammo.

Isn't 8mm auto the same as luger ammo?

Jack
I mean there are a few 9mms out there. Luger, Glissenti, Makarov, .380 is 9x17, 9x18 Ultra, there is 9mm largo, 9x39 & more but normal 9mm is 9mm luger.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads