JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Ok, am I the only one thinking this....

"a PET scan?.... instead of grabbing the CAT and waving it over you, they just grab whatever PET is nearby.....a dog, gold fish, gerbil.....Hey honey, I got the results from my PET scan... the gerbil says I'm going to be fine" :p

What... too soon ?:rolleyes:... sorry I treat stress with sick humor....

I should say that Kaiser only has the one machine!

Thanks all, but I'm well cared for by my wife, a retired RN, and I have a brawny son and grandson for chores. :)
I am deeply moved by your support and offers of help! Thank you!

Let this be a wake up call for all of us. If there's anything at all that you've left undone, make the time to do it. Drive a race car, skydive, ride a bull, climb a mountain, go deep sea fishing... Whatever it is that you haven't done and want to do someday, do it now. Not one of us is guaranteed tomorrow. If you love someone, tell them. If somebody has something against you, apologize and make it right.

When your doctor tells you to come in so he can discuss your test results with you, that's when things get real. That's when an awful lot of unimportant fluff in your life goes by the wayside. What's real are the people you love, the things you've done, and the places you've called home.

I'll be 70 in October. My response to beating cancer was to have two more kids. They're 6 and 2 right now. They are the best two things I've ever done. They are what matters to me. Figure out what really matters to you and go do it.

@ZigZagZeke good for you man! I got fixed at 30. And lost the chance for a son......makes me think about it often. Man, life is short. And @Sgt Nambu if you need any help that your family can't keep up with, just ask. I'm in for chores, Sir.

Thanks all, but I'm well cared for by my wife, a retired RN, and I have a brawny son and grandson for chores. :)
That pisses me off!!! They have only one machine and the Dr. won't push for going out of their network to get you a PET scan??

Let this be a wake up call for all of us. If there's anything at all that you've left undone, make the time to do it. Drive a race car, skydive, ride a bull, climb a mountain, go deep sea fishing... Whatever it is that you haven't done and want to do someday, do it now. Not one of us is guaranteed tomorrow. If you love someone, tell them. If somebody has something against you, apologize and make it right.

When your doctor tells you to come in so he can discuss your test results with you, that's when things get real. That's when an awful lot of unimportant fluff in your life goes by the wayside. What's real are the people you love, the things you've done, and the places you've called home.

I'll be 70 in October. My response to beating cancer was to have two more kids. They're 6 and 2 right now. They are the best two things I've ever done. They are what matters to me. Figure out what really matters to you and go do it.
:s0101:

Zeke, that was well and timely written, I feel the same way and urge the younger guys to follow your advice!
In fact just last night I texted my young granddaughter, who is not a blood relative, how much she has meant to my life and how much I love her! This is not news to her, she has heard it many times, and will hear it many more! Just sayin' talk to your people! :)
That said, Zeke you are one crazy dude! :D I'd go out and pound a nail through my weenie before procreating at this age! I'm glad you enjoy your children! :)

Ok, am I the only one thinking this....

"a PET scan?.... instead of grabbing the CAT and waving it over you, they just grab whatever PET is nearby.....a dog, gold fish, gerbil.....Hey honey, I got the results from my PET scan... the gerbil says I'm going to be fine" :p

What... too soon ?:rolleyes:... sorry I treat stress with sick humor....

Not too soon!!! Crohnos! Lay on the sick humor folks! :D

:s0101:

Zeke, that was well and timely written, I feel the same way and urge the younger guys to follow your advice!
In fact just last night I texted my young granddaughter, who is not a blood relative, how much she has meant to my life and how much I love her! This is not news to her, she has heard it many times, and will hear it many more! Just sayin' talk to your people! :)
That said, Zeke you are one crazy dude! :D I'd go out and pound a nail through my weenie before procreating at this age! I'm glad you enjoy your children! :)
Thank you, Sarge. It's a message we all need from time to time. Life gets busy. Things get unsaid and undone. Take care of those every day. Love, laughter, and fun are great healers.:)

BTW, don't stop the advice guys! I read each one and tell the hot nurse about them!

I just read this and thought what a great group of people. Words of encouragement and great sense of humor. I then thought about what it means to people that are down in the dumps. Everyone deserves encouragement.
That being said, you will beat this because I don't hear the fat lady singing! Trust me if she starts to warm up I guarantee you that she will get THROAT punched!!!
If not by me then by someone else here.
BTW, don't worry about her... She likes the throat spray afterwards.

Try making dark/black fruit smoothies. Plums, grapes, blackberries, blueberries, huckleberries, and marionberries.

I've been hesitant about writing this thread. What should I write? Should I actually write anything at all? Perhaps the subject is too personal. I don't know..... I do know that I've always been a bit of a loner and the population of this site are my dear friends and cherished acquaintances, the people with whom I've had intercourse with day in and day out.
So.....here's too it! I'm sure that some of you know that I've been fighting pneumonia for the last six weeks. I've mentioned it in posts a few times. It turns out not to be pneumonia, but rather, lung cancer! While we have little information as yet, we do know that it is aggressive and has already metastasized to outside the lung.
Obviously, this sucks pretty bad! The worst being that I'm going to be presented with new, twin grandsons in seven months! Another sad effect is I'll be unable to impart my wisdom and graceful good humor upon you, my dear friends!
Well, I've grown tired and that makes it hard to write, so I'll stop for now. I'll write more posts, gauging how much you guys are interested in hearing about the process by your posts! Thanks for reading! :) Steve

That sounds hellish and look forward to reading about how you're kicking its bubblegum.

I have a friend who beat brain cancer five times. Though I don't know you very well I've read your posts and see humor and strength enough to fight hard.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top