JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sorry to hear that Sarge. You are in my prayers. If you ever need anything just let us know, I am sure someone would be willing to help. We got your back brother.

Sarge, I bet there are a lot here, not just me, that don't know what to say. Will be thinking of you, and if good thoughts help, well, I've got plenty for you. I've got the idea somehow that we live pretty near each other up here in NEPO. I'm in the Cully Hood. If you need a hand with anything I'd be happy to lend it. I'm on most mornings, just shoot a PM. :)

Well, here is what I have learned so far, and it's not very danged much!
The Pulmonologist says he is not necessarily agreeing with the original diagnosis. It could be lung cancer or a number of other things. I am trying to get scheduled for a PET-scan, which is much like a CAT-scan, but covers the area from the top of the head to the pelvis! Depending on the results of the PET-scan I will probably go into surgery for a bronchoscopy and samples for biopsy! Then they will have it nailed down. The Dr wants the PET-scan asap but there is only one machine in the region, so we wait!

My step dad had a lobe of his lung removed thinking it had a cancerous tumor.
Turned out to be a type of TB they could have treated with antibiotics. o_O

Get tests and find out for sure.

When I had cancer. I declined the radiation they said I had to have. [$18000 worth]
Looked them in the eye and said ''The only thing I HAVE TO DO is die and pay taxes''.

My cancer never did spread to that area. :rolleyes:

My step dad had a lobe of his lung removed thinking it had a cancerous tumor.
Turned out to be a type of TB they could have treated with antibiotics. o_O

Get tests and find out for sure.

When I had cancer. I declined the radiation they said I had to have. [$18000 worth]
Looked them in the eye and said ''The only thing I HAVE TO DO is die and pay taxes''.

My cancer never did spread to that area. :rolleyes:
Jesus. I hear doctors kill more people than a whole buncha stuff combined.. but don't do a Steve Jobs..

I'm still willing to help out any way I can and the prayers are still rolling my friend. May your tests come out the way we are all hoping they will. With a negative!!

Oh and @Ura-Ki I am not brain dead no matter what my wife told you. :p:D

Wonder why they don't do a CT guided needle biopsy?? I'll let you know how that feels next week....... and I see if I can get pictures of the procedure...... :eek::rolleyes:

Last Edited:
IMG_5943.PNG
Well, here is what I have learned so far, and it's not very danged much!
The Pulmonologist says he is not necessarily agreeing with the original diagnosis. It could be lung cancer or a number of other things. I am trying to get scheduled for a PET-scan, which is much like a CAT-scan, but covers the area from the top of the head to the pelvis! Depending on the results of the PET-scan I will probably go into surgery for a bronchoscopy and samples for biopsy! Then they will have it nailed down. The Dr wants the PET-scan asap but there is only one machine in the region, so we wait!
That's interesting-I googled PET scan machines in Oregon and a bunch of listings came up.....

View attachment 381429
That's interesting-I googled PET scan machines in Oregon and a bunch of listings came up.....

Exactly. Never take the providers / insurance companies word with out doing a keep them honest check. My wife worked care management for 7 years, and has worked has a patient advocate. She continually questioned the doctors and anybody involved with my care when I spent a month in ICU, month in progressive care, and a month in rehab. I am going to assume that every major provider in the area has a PET scan machine. Pretty sure there is one at OHSU, and Emanual, Providence, St Charles systems. These hospitals / providers / doctors are not going to send patients out of system for a procedure they damn sure can bill for.

Should you have any questions about care management / insurance/ billing, please PM me. My wife was in the medical system as a nurse and administrator for 22 years and is returning to it next year at St. Charles. She has been there and done that, and knows all the tricks and end runs. Even invented a few herself.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top