JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I've been hesitant about writing this thread. What should I write? Should I actually write anything at all? Perhaps the subject is too personal. I don't know..... I do know that I've always been a bit of a loner and the population of this site are my dear friends and cherished acquaintances, the people with whom I've had intercourse with day in and day out.
So.....here's too it! I'm sure that some of you know that I've been fighting pneumonia for the last six weeks. I've mentioned it in posts a few times. It turns out not to be pneumonia, but rather, lung cancer! While we have little information as yet, we do know that it is aggressive and has already metastasized to outside the lung.
Obviously, this sucks pretty bad! The worst being that I'm going to be presented with new, twin grandsons in seven months! Another sad effect is I'll be unable to impart my wisdom and graceful good humor upon you, my dear friends!
Well, I've grown tired and that makes it hard to write, so I'll stop for now. I'll write more posts, gauging how much you guys are interested in hearing about the process by your posts! Thanks for reading! :) Steve

Listen up Sarg, there is no quit, DAMNIT!!! I expect you to keep fighting no matter what!

Seriously, This is quite a blow, I think I can speak for every one here, this is really sad news brother, and I know we are all wishing you well on this journey. If there is any thing I can do, any thing at all, you have only to ask! My heart felt prayers to you and your family!

I've been hesitant about writing this thread. What should I write? Should I actually write anything at all? Perhaps the subject is too personal. I don't know..... I do know that I've always been a bit of a loner and the population of this site are my dear friends and cherished acquaintances, the people with whom I've had intercourse with day in and day out.
So.....here's too it! I'm sure that some of you know that I've been fighting pneumonia for the last six weeks. I've mentioned it in posts a few times. It turns out not to be pneumonia, but rather, lung cancer! While we have little information as yet, we do know that it is aggressive and has already metastasized to outside the lung.
Obviously, this sucks pretty bad! The worst being that I'm going to be presented with new, twin grandsons in seven months! Another sad effect is I'll be unable to impart my wisdom and graceful good humor upon you, my dear friends!
Well, I've grown tired and that makes it hard to write, so I'll stop for now. I'll write more posts, gauging how much you guys are interested in hearing about the process by your posts! Thanks for reading! :) Steve

Be positive man! We and your family are not ready to see you gone - fight it guy!

I'm not an expert but since it is now legal I would seriously look into 'alternative' options as well as what your doctor suggests.

Please, keep us posted regularly - I know a lot of us will be pulling for you.

Keep you spirits up and your thoughts positive;).

Good luck brother - people do get thru this, it's not written in stone.

Damn, I am sorry to hear this Brother.
Please keep us informed. When you have more info, if you have any questions or the like PM me here or on the other site and I will be glad to let you speak with the wife. She's pretty knowledgeable about this stuff herself and I'm sure would be willing to speak with some of the doctors she works with if that would be of any use to you.
Knee mail is outbound for you Sarge.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

It is easy for me to say "Be strong" and "Don't quit".
I do indeed say these words to you .....
But in the times ahead , when you are hurting and wanting to quit ... I hope you will take heart in knowing that I and many here on this site are hoping that you will fight and carry on.
Your wisdom and humor are needed here and with your family.
You are a rock to which many anchor to.
Andy

I don't post too much, but I have seen enough threads with your contributions to know that you are a pretty valued member of this community. My prayers go out to you and your family and I praise you for continuing to fight the good fight.

Keep up the fight Nambu! I rather enjoy your posts on NWFA, and I think I speak for many when I say your presence would be greatly missed on this site. Best of luck and if help is needed we're here for you.

Fight it... We all know that no one will get out of this life alive.

It's up to each of us to make the best of situation dealt to us. If you need someone to talk with, PM me and I'll pass along contact info.

I finally talked my Mom into moving cross country from Charleston, SC 12 years after Chief Aban left on final patrol. Two years later, Mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2015 and then remission in June 2016. We just found out earlier this year that it's only a matter of time before having to start chemo-therapy again.

It sucks, but the best way to deal with it is to share the burden with friends and family.

Thanks for reaching out. Whatever you need, don't be afraid to ask. You are not alone.

Praying for you and your family.

So sorry to hear this Sarge, but we all know you are a tough guy, and the new twins give you a reason to fight this. Miracles happen if you believe, and we believe in you. Praying for you.

The entire NWFA community is pulling for you Nambu! As @AndyinEverson said, he!!uva lot easier to tell someone to "stay strong" than for themselves to actually experience what you are now! I will be praying for healing for you and for strength as well! Don't go it alone!

Well I always have appreciated reading your posts. I imagine this is really tough for you and something we all will face whether we like it or not. My friend Mike just died last week from cancer. Known him and worked with him for 30+ years. A wonderful husband, father and grandfather. Mike had always been a kind man and Navy Veteran, but more importantly he accepted Christ's gift free for all of us no matter who we are or what we have done, and while it hurts to lose someone, there is peace and hope knowing we will see each other again. Like my grandfather told me when I was a boy; I'm not ready to go, but I am prepared. Perhaps you have done the same...I don't know, but in the end when it happens to every single one of us, it is a choice. God bless you Mister!

Ooh ouch. Don't write yourself out yet. I know quite a few people, my mom included, who fought it off and are still here kicking after having been given months to live 7-8 years ago. Sometimes the body can do remarkable things with the right med's.

I am saddened to hear this news Sarge :( I hope you find the will and the strength to fight this. I've watched my father, mother, grandfather and friends fight cancer. It's a nasty beast, but one that can often be beaten. I wish I had magic words that could make this better, but in these matters even I am at a loss for words.

My prayers are with you and your family. Please, please do keep us updated with your status, at least as much as you are willing to share here. If you need assistance with something, let this group know - I suspect between us all there are ways we can help out.

Sad to hear this.

I wish you the best in your fight and hope you the best with everything.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR