JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Hey Sarg, if you need a work party to come by and take care of things, post it up here, many of us have strong backs and weak minds and physical labor isn't a problem. Don't try and do stuff on your onesome, that's what friends are For! Mowing the grass, trimming the bushes, cleaning gutters, painting, ext...... We got your back, so don't be shy!!!!:):):)

I have nothing to add to the great things that have been written here. As a fairly new member (I think I just passed my first year mark) and a new shooter, I have always looked forward to your responses to my posts; they were at times terse and to the point, always informative, never brusque, and frequently hilarious.

I hope to keep seeing such from you for a long time to come, and that this illness turns out to be just a temporary setback.

Sounds like a good time for a drink!

Holy crap Sarge!!! I don't log in for a few days and I see this kick in the pills when I do.

I believe I have come to know you through your posts and feel like you're my kind of guy. As everyone has said already, NOBODY here is ready for you to ride off into the sunset and your family needs you more than this sorry lot on NWFA. Lets target college graduation day for the twins as your checkout day at this point.

Stay strong, fight like hell, don't take no (or yes) for an answer, hold all your caregivers accountable and beat this like an old rug!

Thoughts and prayers headed your way and keep us updated on progress and anything we can do to help. I may not be local to you but I have long tentacles and can reach out to help.

Brian

I'm at a loss for words, @Sgt Nambu. That is well beyond a tough one, to be sure. It sounds like you have a loving family and you've most assuredly have got lots of friends here. Know you are in my, and our family's, thoughts and prayers. While I wouldn't presume to know the specifics of your condition, if it means anything, I've had more than one friend and/or colleague survive the big C. Hang in there.

Last Edited:
WOW!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR OVERWHELMING SUPPORT!

I'm simply stunned by this turnout! I thank you all! Only Johns passing last night keeps me from dancing a jig!
Well, that and oxygen of course! But I miss John something fierce, and my prayers have been directed at he and his family!
Thank you again! Steve

I think that is a testament to your character, nothing selfish here , you have what it takes!
Gabby

Sarge, as many have said keep fighting the good fight, there are many holistic remedies along with conventional treatments out there that can work miracles. Plus the power of prayer never hurts either. Will keep you in my prayers.

1) Sarge, when you really need the Power of God call on the Holy Spirit. I speak from experience. At a little before 0100 on 08/31/16 I woke up with terrible heartburn which continued to get worse, and we realized that it was a heart attack. My wife called 911 and they arrived most rikki-tik. As they were taking me out of the bedroom it dawned on me that I was in deep guano so I called on the Holy Spirit. At 01:24:03 I coded (0 BPM, 0 breathing, i.e. dead) for about 8-10 minutes. It is unusual to survive such an occurrence, and even more so to survive with your wits intact, so I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit held me close. You have my prayers for the same thing.
2) GOG is absolutely right that you should do all the research you can and take an active role in managing your care.
3) There are a lot of people walking around who were given a short time to live. The doctors are smart, but they're not always right. Don't ever give up.
4) Congratulations on the upcoming births of your grandchildren. Please keep us informed. By the grace of God through the Holy Spirit you will teach them to shoot.
5) Kapitulieren? Nein!

Steve , hope things are going ok. Took a few pics the other day. So , something to look at anyways.
You are in my prayers .

P1010374.JPG
P1010365.JPG
P1010370.JPG

I am so encouraged by how many decent people are on this site. We are very fortunate that @joelink has given us this way to support one another. You're all class acts.

I've been hesitant about writing this thread. What should I write? Should I actually write anything at all? Perhaps the subject is too personal. I don't know..... I do know that I've always been a bit of a loner and the population of this site are my dear friends and cherished acquaintances, the people with whom I've had intercourse with day in and day out.
So.....here's too it! I'm sure that some of you know that I've been fighting pneumonia for the last six weeks. I've mentioned it in posts a few times. It turns out not to be pneumonia, but rather, lung cancer! While we have little information as yet, we do know that it is aggressive and has already metastasized to outside the lung.
Obviously, this sucks pretty bad! The worst being that I'm going to be presented with new, twin grandsons in seven months! Another sad effect is I'll be unable to impart my wisdom and graceful good humor upon you, my dear friends!
Well, I've grown tired and that makes it hard to write, so I'll stop for now. I'll write more posts, gauging how much you guys are interested in hearing about the process by your posts! Thanks for reading! :) Steve

Damn,damn,damn! This is truly sad news. I can't add anything more to what has been written before me, it pretty much covers it.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Here we are mostly friends who just haven't gotten around to meeting up with each other, that's all.

Sure, we share a common interest in shooting and all the stuff that goes along with it. But, my dear Friends, what we are doing now IS all the stuff that goes along with it, right?

Our campfires might be aways apart, often, at an insurmountable distance, but the words we say and the emotions and kindnesses that we express, one to another, mean that we are just across that flickering fire from each other.

G*d bless us all.

tac

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR