JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oh-Bubblegum!

Our prayers are with you and your family!

--as has been mentioned, brain dump onto a notebook or micro cassette recorder. I'll take that suggestion a step further and say video record your story.

Tell your tale, how you met your wife, how you greeted your newborn, how you go about things in that way you do. Barbecue, fillet a fish, dress a deer, shux even simple things like fixing stuff. What you did for fun, or for chores as a kid.

Take 5, 10, 15 minutes a day and make a video clip. Without re-do's. Include all the out takes.

Should be able to do it with today's technology.

I have a bunch of video from my brothers movie review show, including all the out takes, and it means a lot to me. Wish he had thought on putting together a video diary, but we got too caught up in the day to day care, plus work plus life. Shux I still have his voice mail greeting from his phone, which is now our phone.

I have a bunch of video from my brothers movie review show, including all the out takes, and it means a lot to me. Wish he had thought on putting together a video diary, but we got too caught up in the day to day care, plus work plus life. Shux I still have his voice mail greeting from his phone, which is now our phone.

Second that. Everytime my mom comes we record some. We are all memories and if we can pass them to someone new, then maybe we keep living a little.

Prayin' for ya, Sarge.

Though if I might offer a suggestion: get some notebooks or a microcassette/voice recorder and start "brain-dumping" everything you'd like to tell the grandkids into paper or voice recording. It gives you a fail-safe where you can still give them something to know you by even if God has other plans for your Call Home date.

Thanks, way ahead of you! :D

A double whammy, first of Salmonriverjohn's passing and now this news about you. Fight it and I will be cheering for you all the way. I wish the best for you and your family and I hope you can beat it. Please keep us posted on your progress And I know the thing about grand kids as I am fortunate enough to see mine unlike my father who wanted them. I just couldn't find the right mate until after he passed. Take care and best of wishes to you.

@Sgt Nambu would you be ok at least giving us your general location? I think some handshakes are long over do here for those that are within range of the target. ;)

I know I would be honored to meet you and shake your hand and am willing to travel to do so.

Also, for other members here that might be near you, we should be able to arrange you some help with things that you might not be able to do while you fight the good fight.

Hey there old Pistol keep firing away. :s0085:
We're all brothers and sisters here, and care for one another.
Prayers and wishes of good luck going out for you!
Here's to you Friend,:s0090:
Bill
Yeah I know the emoticons are silly but we all need to laugh.
Get well.

Hey Sarge I'm not good at posting in the best of times much less about something like this but I just want to echo what every body else has said and just hang in there and try to stay positive. I know easier said than done, right? Somebody mentioned cannabis and its worth a shot. They're really just starting to study the stuff and finding out what it can do. I'm taking an extract with all the "fun stuff" removed for COPD and its helped a lot. Keep us posted, you've got a lot of people pulling for you!

Another thing to remember, All of us are here on borrowed time. There is not one among us who get more than our allotted days. It sucks to be slapped in the face with mortality, However I have seen people who have taken the news and lived out the remainder of their days full of love and life and I have seen those who became angry, hostile and full of ugly. All of us are here on just by chance and tomorrow could be our last. I lost my oldest son at just 19, Here one day and then gone the next. So greet tomorrow with a smile, enjoy it best you can. Do the things you have always wanted to. Tell the people who matter that they do. It really doesn't matter if you have 5 or 50 years left, What matters is how you spend it.

There, I made it an even 10k likes brother! And for a great post!! In one of the most meaningful threads I've ever read.

My old grandpappy, WWII vet and 100% pure, pissed-off Irish Catholic beat lung cancer into the ground, as I'm sure he'd done with everything else throughout his life that threatened him and his, and I'm sure you'll beat it to the ground as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and I'll ask of the almighty that he'll have his healing hand on the ailing body of a fellow NCO. Fix bayonets and drive on, Nambu.

Last Edited:
Thank you all for your kindness! I am by no means giving up! Got to hold those new twins! :D
Sarge, I feel like I've known you for a long time. I think we've done business together too. This is hard news. You're one of "my people" on this site. As a cancer survivor for a few years now I know what receiving that news from your doctor is like. Be strong. Never quit. Keep thinking about those grandsons. I'll be praying for you, my friend. Say the things that need to be said and do the things that need to be done. This life is not all there is to our existence. If you need help with anything at all please message me.

Things may look bleak now but remember people beat cancer every day. My daughter did. I know it's difficult but try to keep a positive attitude and remember you are in our prayers every night. Stay strong and be a survivor.

Our thoughts and prayers are for you this evenning, Sarge. I couldn't say more that what others have already posted. I look forward to hearing of your progress.

WOW!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR OVERWHELMING SUPPORT!

I'm simply stunned by this turnout! I thank you all! Only Johns passing last night keeps me from dancing a jig!
Well, that and oxygen of course! But I miss John something fierce, and my prayers have been directed at he and his family!
Thank you again! Steve

I'm not too good with words but here's my mind. I seldom post things as I'm one of those members who daily reads and follows this forum. It's because I love it and share the mutual love of guns and outdoors . I feel like I know a lot of members here from getting to know them by their posts and activities and can't help admit that you have grown on me. Some I already had the pleasure of meeting in person. So I confess that this news saddens me to tears. Though I often think of myself as Gods heartache and mischievous kid, I strongly believe in him and accepted his sons gift of forgiveness and eternal life. Like most, I'm Not sure how much is measured out for me on this earth but I try and be prepared so I can see you all one day in eternity. You are in my prayers tonight my brother. Keep your chin up

Last Edited:
I respect your courage, Sarge. Courage to face facts and to share. Courage to accept the love and help of others. Courage to have hope and to fight. That's the kind of courage you need to win this battle. Stay strong.

prayers go out to you , be strong and fight it .I have had my own fight with cancer even put off the surgery to go elk hunting lol
keep you heart mind and spirit up an kick its ars,if there is anything I can do or help with let me know .

Sarge...
I skipped over this thread through the weekend not having a clue as to how important it was. Now, having read all the comments everyone has written here... I can't think of much to add except.....
Add me to the list...Standing by for anyway I can help, my friend.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top