JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm not ready to see you go.

Where are you? Can we come and hang out with you? It would mean a lot to some of us. You do have people that love you here.

And I STILL don't think that's your real name.

Steve, I don't know you and you don't know me, but for what it's worth if you're ever around the valley get bored and need a shooting buddy I'll gladly introduce myself.

I'll take ya up to Willamette national Forest for some breath taking views.

Anyway, keep chugging along man.
-mike.

Sarge, this is just another test, another trial. Stay strong, stay positive, stay focused on being victorious! Like others have lamented here, I've come to know you through your posts and wisdom...

You need to beat this, you have much yet to do with those unborn grand youngings...

Me and my family will certainly be keeping you and your family in our prayers...

With your permission, I'd like to reach out to a couple of prayer teams I'm involved with, to spread the word of prayers need to beat this thing...

Respectfully,
Mac

Hay Sarg, might wanna go swinging through the Monkey tree and speak with a few primates among the branches, I know there are some good bits of info there, and many more friends who got your back!

If anyone doesn't believe in the friendships created on this forum all they have to do is read this thread.

Sgt you are one of the best. And you will continue be that to us and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. As others have said you need anything and I mean anything you let me know. PM me and I will be there. God has blessed you with twin grandchildren on the way they need the knowledge that you have to share.

God bless you my friend we are here if you need us!!:(

So sorry to hear the news! Thank you for all you've given and continue to give to this community. I echo what many have already said in wishing you well and strength to keep up the fight.
Enjoy each day you've got and praying that there's many more ahead of you than you expect!

Steve,
I don't know you, but you're my brother.
Your pain is my pain. Your plight, mine.
Your needs are my privilege to answer...
We share values, fears, and in the end, mortality.
If I can help, I will.
Because we are brothers

Last Edited:
I don't know when I've had so much trouble posting....
...first I started one that seemed too rah-rah-rah:s0132:
...so I started another, but that was too hearts and flowers:s0116:
...then yet another that seemed too miracle cure-ish:s0149:
...I even tried the you're a fighter, never surrender, angle:s0018:

This process went on and on an on until I realized it's pretty much already been covered, and by many that are much better at this stuff than I am. My only contribution is this;

From what I've been able to see and hear on this forum, you strike me as the kind of class act that hasn't wasted the time he so far has been given, has probably had some defeats but would not be defeated. It's obvious that you have earned the respect of those who you've touched, and will continue to do so.
However, we were really kinda hoping to keep you around for a lot longer though,
so, if you wouldn't mind.....?

Last Edited:
Prayin' for ya, Sarge.

Though if I might offer a suggestion: get some notebooks or a microcassette/voice recorder and start "brain-dumping" everything you'd like to tell the grandkids into paper or voice recording. It gives you a fail-safe where you can still give them something to know you by even if God has other plans for your Call Home date.

This process went on and on an on until I realized it's pretty much already been covered, and by many that are much better at this stuff than I am. My only contribution is this;

From what I've been able to see and hear on this forum, you strike me as the kind of class act that hasn't wasted the time he so far has been given, has probably had some defeats but would not be defeated. It's obvious that you have earned the respect of those who you've touched, and will continue to do so.
However, we were really kinda hoping to keep you around for a lot longer though,
Ditto. This post and all the others. Not much more than an echo to be posted at this point. (I suck at this shlt anyway).

You need anything SGT, you better let it be known. I'm sure a guy like the one you seem to be has more friends than he knows what to do with. But, we're your buddies as well, don't hesitate to ask.
Take care brother.

Ditto again. No matter how the battle goes finish well. If you need anything...

Mike

Sarge, you're one of the big reasons I come here to visit.

While we've not met in person, I've come to appreciate you (and others) in this strange, convoluted virtual environment. Here at the watering hole, people get to see what we choose to share of ourselves - perhaps just in the ways we'd like to be seen, and sometimes well beyond that. For good or bad, it can be telling.

Reading between the lines, I can say that you, Sir, are a gentleman. Funny as hell, thoughtful, and balanced in your sincerity and pleasurable quirkiness. In that light, I consider you a friend as I'm sure everyone else does who knows you (here and in our real lives).

I'm terribly sorry to hear your news, Steve. I know you'll fight it with your characteristic strength and grace buddy. We're all pulling for you.

Any time humans interact with each other over a period of time, there always are a few that stand out in their knowledge and wisdom and their willingness to share. These wise men are the ones when they post something, I read it and take heed and enjoy the benefit of that wisdom. You Sgt Nambu are that person to me on this board, you are truly a sage to others.
I know you will put up a good fight, I know that you are already right with the world and our Creator, and I too would like to meet you face to face, shake your hand, break bread with you, or come mow your lawn. Please keep us all posted on your battle.

While my brother I can offer only my deepest encouragement for your battle, I can offer some direction to resources for you. Meditation can be a great soul and thought cleansing process. As others have mentioned, I encourage you to look at natural and alternative treatments, herbs and nutrition.

Peace to you, keep up the fight and keep bringing your sage words to us.

Buddhist Methods for Dealing with Life

I agree wholly with everything that has already been said here. I would simply add my thanks for who you are and the wisdom and fun you have generously shared with the rest of us. Death smiles at us all they say. Don't neglect to smile back. Pacem.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads