JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wow, Sarg.....I don't know what to say here. You are an invaluable member here at NWFA and I enjoy reading your posts and your sense of humor. Kick it's a$$, my friend. KICK IT"S A$$!!!!

Dang, Sarge, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
Fight! I'm rootin' for ya, that's for sure.
Please keep us apprised of things and if there's anything we can do, please ask.

I'm sure ALL of us here at NWFA would like you to keep us posted on your progress and like others have said if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask!

THREAD STUCK.

Sad news indeed!!:(:(
I enjoyed visiting with you at our Carson show last year and your posts here always add something to the discussion.
Do keep us posted and please speak up if we can help!! Our thoughts are with you.
Sarge----->:s0124:<----- Cancer. (From @Stomper 's playbook:p)

As a cancer survivor for almost fourteen years now, I can tell you that you're in for a fight. But I and many others here pray it's winnable.

Cancer's scary in a whole different way, with it's own language and alchemy.
My best advice is to research anything they tell you, don't hesitate to get second opinions and don't be badgered into hurried decisions.
I was stunned and befuddled when I was first diagnosed and was just pulled along by events. Try not to let that happen. Unless you're taking the dirt nap that day, take time to think things through.

I've never met you, but I've come to know you a bit from here and I can tell that you're a good man.
So quit screwing around and stay with us.

Grumpy Old Guy

Steve,
though I have only known you as Sarge up until now, I admire your openness, courage and honesty here. What to do is a discussion I have had many times with my wife, a survivor herself. I have known too many people to go through this and I'm sure you know it will be a hard slog.
If I can offer grocery deliveries from Uwajimaya to help out, just say the word.
You still need to try the hot pepper jelly I wrote about some time ago. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.
Positive thoughts and a wish for you that you keep your sense of humor throughout.
Best,
Jim

upload_2017-7-28_13-56-15.png

Sarge,

My FIL was diagnosed in February with melanoma with seven mets to the brain and several to the lungs. He was given a 30% chance of survival for the first year. After three weeks of radiation for the brain tumors and now several weeks of chemo for the lung tumors he is making remarkable progress. CT shows the brain tumors are dead and shrinking and the lung tumors are also shrinking. From not being able to move himself out of bed or a chair to walking 100+feet with his walker in less than two weeks. Don't give up, you can beat it!!

Last Edited:
Wow, Steve, what a shock! Praying for you and if there is anything I can do please let me know. Fight this sumbich as hard as you can and if at the end it wins make sure it crawls away bloody.

@Sgt Nambu you are one of the good guys, steady and wise. You have a goal, to hold those babies and I know you will fight to meet the twins. This news really sucks but please know you matter to many of us and we will help in anyway we can. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

AuntB aka MM34

Hold those twins?! That's not the goal... I think you should hang around and teach them shoot!

So sorry to hear your bad news but I am sure you can beat this. Hang in there brother!

Last Edited:
Sarge,
It's going to be a long fight and a pain in the bubblegum, but hope you plan to stick around to meet the grand kids, pass on knowledge, and when you're free, come on here and say hello.

ON a closing note sir:
<broken link removed> change bubblegum to the appropriate F bomb =D

I wish you the best of luck.
You may notice as I did. That cancer gives as it takes away.

Your about to learn more about people and yourself than you thought possible.
You will know empathy, and love. And you will teach it to your family.
No matter what the outcome.

Try to keep your sense of humor. It keeps self pity at bay.
And helps those around you. There scared and looking to you for queues on how to act.

You will be fine Sgt. Nambu.
Your strong enough to do this.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads