JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sarge, sounds like more good than bad as this point regarding the side effects. Prayer continues to be offered for your recovery and the defeat of the enemy. May the healing and peaceful hand of God be upon you as you battle, win and heal from this attack. And may the peace of the Lord transcend you and your family. The victory belongs to Him, glory to God in the highest! In Jesus name Amen!!!!

Sarge, sounds like more good than bad as this point regarding the side effects. Prayer continues to be offered for your recovery and the defeat of the enemy. May the healing and peaceful hand of God be upon you as you battle, win and heal from this attack. And may the peace of the Lord transcend you and your family. The victory belongs to Him, glory to God in the highest! In Jesus name Amen!!!!

Praise be to God Almighty! Only He is Holy and the Great Physician! Jesus is God! In His name, we pray, Amen.

When I was hospitalized for the 3 months with my issues, I was pretty much out of it for the first 6 weeks. Vague memories of reality, but very vivid and clear imagined situations with people in my life. Sedated, on steroids and antibiodics the mind ran wild. What had happened to me ?? I thought I had been in a plane crash with a friend. But both of us were very careful and skillful pilots. Thought I had been in a tractor accident, but I had thousands of hours on heavy equipment. I thought my wife had left me and was living in Portland with some other dude. I thought I was stranded on a barge on the Columbia River. I thought I was stuck at Red Sox Stadium in Boston. Real weird sh*t.

Now I was no angel in my younger days (35 + years ago) and did some drugs, not hard stuff but weed, shrooms and all, and I have never tripped on that stuff like I did on the legally administered prescribed pharma stuff. :eek: I get some flash blacks now and then, and about once every 90 days there is a pretty intense PTSD like thing that happens, one last week, kept me up from about 2 am on. It took almost a year to work all that stuff out of my system, probably longer than that really.

Glad to hear you are not suffering bad side effects, and you are fighting the good fight. F*ck Cancer.

Well, C.R. the side effects seemed bad enough to me! I think I'm lucky that they only lasted a little over a week and were physical!
God bless you for the horror that you went, and still go, through!!!
Thank you for sharing, I feel incredibly fortunate that, thus far, I've had nothing like yours! You must be a strong man! I don't know if what you have described would be worth it to me! Stay well and get better, my brother! And, again thank you!!!

Sarge:

I know that you are a believer (otherwise you wouldn't have made it this far). God is with you as we speak and cradles you in His arms as the Samaritan did on the road. The Samaritan housed, fed and cared for the man for many days after he had been set upon the road by thieves and robbers. The Samaritan checked back on the man long after he went on his way to handle his own business. Does not God stand by your side every moment?

When we finally shuffle off this mortal coil we shall arise, incorruptible, to await the resurrection. My God is real, He is the Great Physician and is in total control of what was, is and what will be. Praise His holy name!

Amen!

Hey Sarge, what's the double action like on that critter gitter?
Nice gun! Remember, my offer will always stand on that chauffeured or not JCGC invite.

Double action is smooth but heavy. Single action is nice! Thanks for the invite, deaf!

I have to do an up date on this post.

After a week plus of dry firing, (part of the reason I bought it, remember) the action has gone from so stiff that I could barely cock it single action, in my weakened state, to remarkably slick!
Double action is still a little heavy but even smoother than before.
It's pretty nice!
But single action, ahhh, single action is like butter, except butter would have some creep! Cocking is now smooth and easy, and here is where I drag out the word "remarkable" again! The trigger is as good as the tuned S&W's that I have! There is no creep! I look for it, is none! Just a gentle resistance until, here we go with more metaphors, it surprises me with "a glass rod breaking!"
I've been familiar with Rugers since their inception. I've owned most of the types the made over the years. Never had a trigger like this. I haven't bought a new Ruger for a number of years and if this is an example of the average trigger they're producing these days I am deeply impressed!

After a week plus of dry firing, (part of the reason I bought it, remember) the action has gone from so stiff that I could barely cock it single action, in my weakened state, to remarkably slick!
It's pretty nice!
But single action, ahhh, single action is like butter, except butter would have some creep! Cocking is now smooth and easy, and here is where I drag out the word "remarkable" again! The trigger is as good as the tuned S&W's that I have! There is no creep! I look for it, is none! Just a gentle resistance until, here we go with more metaphors, it surprises me with "a glass rod breaking!"
I've been familiar with Rugers since their inception. I've owned most of the types the made over the years. Never had a trigger like this. I haven't bought a new Ruger for a number of years and if this is an example of the average trigger they're producing these days I am deeply impressed!
Good to hear that you are getting out and about. Ruger has been stepping up their game in their triggers.

It's pretty nice!

You would be welcome at my club also. Ditto @Certaindeaf offer. I belong to DRRC.

Last Edited:

It's pretty nice!
That's awesome. When I did my thang with revolvers, it was S&W. Preferred them over Colt. Now, not that I compete anymore, the GP-100 suits me dandy. Slightly "different" DA stroke than the Smiths but just as smooth.
I'll not sell my Rugers.

I'd trust any one of you guys if the SHTF. We all meet at @Sgt Nambu's place to get organized. He will be in the rear with the gear, with a well regulated militia running point.

Well, C.R. the side effects seemed bad enough to me! I think I'm lucky that they only lasted a little over a week and were physical!
God bless you for the horror that you went, and still go, through!!!
Thank you for sharing, I feel incredibly fortunate that, thus far, I've had nothing like yours! You must be a strong man! I don't know if what you have described would be worth it to me! Stay well and get better, my brother! And, again thank you!!!

Sarge my brother..thank you for your kind words my friend, but my trials are minor compared to the fight you are engaging in. I am a strong man, and you are stronger and will prevail. What I went through was a trial, but the desire to live and the support of my spouse and family pulled me through. You would have done the same thing, and since cancer is a chicken sh*t disease that sneaks up on you, you can at least lay careful plans to execute the disease.

I am healed and only deal with random problems. I will join you in standing tall and giving the Reaper the finger. Since we do not have the proper emoji here, my man Billy Powell from the back side of Nuthing Fancy will have to do the honors for us.

is?xAMqwTmG4hPZxb1uI8c7y-ByPCbkpGdxap-g0nhICIg&height=264.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews