JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1714448057360.png

Aloha, Mark

Cool. I look forward to the first images to come out of a smashed up Subaru and pastel clothed longhair missing half his face because he didn't think the bear would want his Impossible burger on gluten free bun that he left out for 'just a second'.

From the article: "The decision also designated grizzly bears in this region as a nonessential experimental population under part of the Endangered Species Act."

Times are tough. Shouldn't we just stick to the essentials? :s0092:

From the article: "The decision also designated grizzly bears in this region as a nonessential experimental population under part of the Endangered Species Act."

Times are tough. Shouldn't we just stick to the essentials? :s0092:
Naaaa there's tax payer money like blood in the water. If they don't have ridiculous ways to spend it up then they'll have less next year when they reassess their budget 🤦‍♂️

If that ever happens :rolleyes:

Not a fan. Gray wolves have also been spotted in the Tenaway by Cle Elum and out Highway 2 by stevens pass.

Only a matter of time before people realize reintroducing both species were a bad idea. Only question is... How many granola munchers will need to get systematically hunted down by a pack of wolves (or how many smashed subarus with impossible burgers and vegan buns 😆🤣🤣) before they realize these species were hunted off the face of the planet for a reason?

If the state/fed thinks additional predation is needed to manage game populations (or whatever the justification is) why not recognize that humans are the true apex and in that recognition establish polices cognisant of that fact instead of purposefully introducing species known to not give a *** about things walking on two legs??? Reintroducing for the sake of historic precedent negates the fact that we were the species that found we were unable to coexist and took the appropriate action. Ignoring this fact is delusional and dangerous.

They were killed off for a reason. Either conflicts will prevent us from coming full circle by responsible gun owners putting them down or conflicts will cause us to go full cycle and open a liberal quote on these species resulting in them once again being "endangered". Not to mention the potential impact on ranchers. They should've let it lie in my opinion this won't end well. Wether its in 15 years or 50... time will tell. Heck, maybe I'm totally off here. Not an expert by any means. Just fairly confident they once roamed the entire west and were hunted purposefully to extinction a mere century ago due to the threat they posed to arguably more capable humans than you will find on the vast majority of trails today.

Anyways, few too many Makers. Read these the other day. All I know if either messes with my dog the equation changes from defensive to offensive. Question is, does RCW 9A.16 apply to endangered species? Supposedly pets and property is covered for lethal force, no? Regardless, I think I'd rather find that out in court than let something kill my dog for the sake of ecosystem 'diversity' based off a misplaced sense of obligation as the "higher species" to "co-exist" or simply due to historic precedent of their previous ranges. Hell, is that's the argument lets bio-engineer velociraptors and T-rexes and let them loose in their historic range of San Fransico?? I simply don't understand the rational behind this decision. For both Grizzlies AND Wolves- one of the most efficient and ruthless pack hunters on the face of the earth.

Its nuttier than squrriel....

Why do we need more apex predators? Especially extremely dangerous ones?
Eliminate big game hunting and in turn eliminate big game firearms.

Whether it be directly or indirectly, grizzlies will no doubt wipe out a large portion of predators and prey.

All part of the obviously stupid, but well thought out plan...

Whether it be directly or indirectly, grizzlies will no doubt wipe out a large portion of predators and prey.

Never thought of it like that. Interesting. Playing the long game in controlling the population. I don't like it. Hardwares never been the issue. I'd like them to give this level of thought to the blatant mental health crisis in our nation. Particularly with the youth.

It used to be there was only "enough stupid to go around" and it made itself known in particular places. But now, it seems like "achieving stupid" is the goal of most government agencies.

And I'm speaking as a government retiree, as I decided to retire for a very valid reason. I'm not proud of what's happened, but I retired just before stupid was really coming into fashion. 🥴

It used to be there was only "enough stupid to go around" and it made itself known in particular places. But now, it seems like "achieving stupid" is the goal of most government agencies.

And I'm speaking as a government retiree, as I decided to retire for a very valid reason. I'm not proud of what's happened, but I retired just before stupid was really coming into fashion. 🥴
Yep I'm glad I got out too! They are gonna spend tax dollars to bring them back then spend more tax dollars to kill them when they start causing problems.....this people are idiots

Heck I thought grizzlies were already in the North Cascades. I saw a picture not too many years ago of a bear on a ridgeline taken by a hiker or whoever. Wildlife officials were said to be studying the photo. It took me about 1/8 of a second to clearly recognize it as a grizzly bear. Maybe this was a transient bear?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top