JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sarge, when I was on chemo they prescribed meds for diarrhea and nausea. It's pretty common, so don't try to tough it out.

Huh uh! I come from a long line of bleeders and sissies!!!
I have good meds and I ain't afraid to pull 'em!

Sorry to hear about the side effects worsening, great news that the ole cranium is cancer free!

May the Fathers compassionate and healing hand be upon you this very day, destroying this hideous disease, bringing you healing, peace and quelling the side effects of treatment, just as Jesus calmed the tempest. In Jesus name and by the blood of the Lamb.... Amen....

OK the bad news is much worse side effects today! ARRRRGG!!!

The terrific news is that the MRI shows my brain to be cancer free!
If cancer had been there it would make it stage four. Suspend all treatment! You know, just make him comfortable!

Praise God's healing hand. HE IS THE ALMIGHTY, THE ALPHA AND OMEGA. THE BEGINNING AND THE END! May His hand suspend the negative side effect of chemotherapy. MY GOD IS IN CONTROL! His healing is being accomplished.

I affirm namac's prayers. In Jesus holy name, so be it!

Well, except for a brief period Saturday AM, I'm deep in the grip of the chemo poisons. I now have more faith in the drugs! This stuff could kill anything!!! More later........I hope.

Sorry for the melodrama, thank you everyone for your kind support! Bless you all.

Well, except for a brief period Sunday AM, I'm deep in the grip of the chemo poisons. I now have more faith in the drugs! This stuff could kill anything!!! More later........I hope.

Sorry for the melodrama, thank you everyone for your kind support! Bless you all.
Continued prayer for the Lords hand to be upon you Sarge, to minimize the side effects of this treatment and maximize the effectiveness. May Fathers presence be upon you, bringing comfort, peace and encouragement to fight through this disease while His healing powers restore you... In Jesus name... Amen....

Well, except for a brief period Saturday AM, I'm deep in the grip of the chemo poisons. I now have more faith in the drugs! This stuff could kill anything!!! More later........I hope.

No need to apologize. Melodrama, my left ankle! That crap hurts! We love you, kid! We're all pulling for you. I called for prayers on your behalf in church yesterday. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Sorry I am late to the party on this Sgt. Nambu but have been getting a CDL the last couple of months and went from being a relief driver to FT in 2 weeks....so busy as heck. Keep the faith brother and I echo all the prayers to our Lord. He is our Rock and Salvation.

Brutus Out

Baby isle has pedialite. Silky smith going down (or up) and it's like gatoraid on steroids as far as getting electrolytes in you.

Keep it up guy;)

Chemo sick is like no other sick in the world. The positive is that it will eventually pass Sarge. :)

Absolutely! Sarge, every time I come to this site, I pause for a moment in prayer. God hears our every thought. I'm certain he knows, understands and is providing deliverance from this affliction as well as the pain arising from the treatment to address it.

GOG is right. I watched my mother-in-law as she slowly died from Pancreatic Cancer. It was hideous. You are in a far better position for survival! You will live to tell your new grandchildren of how you beat the devil and lived to worship God, as His servant Job did in the days of old.

Praise Him, all ye little children! God is love and He is on His throne!

In Jesus' holy name, AMEN!

Absolutely! Sarge, every time I come to this site, I pause for a moment in prayer. God hears our every thought. I'm certain he knows, understands and is providing deliverance from this affliction as well as the pain arising from the treatment to address it.

GOG is right. I watched my mother-in-law as she slowly died from Pancreatic Cancer. It was hideous. You are in a far better position for survival! You will live to tell your new grandchildren of how you beat the devil and lived to worship God, as His servant Job did in the days of old.

Praise Him, all ye little children! God is love and He is on His throne!

In Jesus' holy name, AMEN!
To God goes all the Glory!!!! Amen...

Hello, pretty boring post wise, I've had four nights of mostly restful sleep and three days of feeling genuinely good. The chemo is still with me though! When using the bathroom the odor of the drugs is strong and nasty! Much stronger and "worse" than normal elimination! Guuhhhh!!!
The odor does remind me to keep following the sanitation guidelines in order to protect my wife and any visitor.
I thought I would throw in an odd thing that I've been experiencing. I am now able to recall the faces of kids I knew 60 years ago, long forgotten by my conscious mind! I don't mean a flash of memory, I'm talking vivid, exact likenesses, as sharp as a photo! Not only my friends but their brothers and sisters and parents! It is the strangest thing! It would be something like that and not.....oh...where I stashed that $200 back when, or something useful! :)

Hello, pretty boring post wise, I've had four nights of mostly restful sleep and three days of feeling genuinely good. The chemo is still with me though! When using the bathroom the odor of the drugs is strong and nasty! Much stronger and "worse" than normal elimination! Guuhhhh!!!
The odor does remind me to keep following the sanitation guidelines in order to protect my wife and any visitor.
I thought I would throw in an odd thing that I've been experiencing. I am now able to recall the faces of kids I knew 60 years ago, long forgotten by my conscious mind! I don't mean a flash of memory, I'm talking vivid, exact likenesses, as sharp as a photo! Not only my friends but their brothers and sisters and parents! It is the strangest thing! It would be something like that and not.....oh...where I stashed that $200 back when, or something useful! :)

Great to hear!!!

Keep it up and hang in there guy:cool:

I am now able to recall the faces of kids I knew 60 years ago, long forgotten by my conscious mind! I don't mean a flash of memory, I'm talking vivid, exact likenesses, as sharp as a photo! Not only my friends but their brothers and sisters and parents! It is the strangest thing! It would be something like that and not.....oh...where I stashed that $200 back when, or something useful! :)

When I was hospitalized for the 3 months with my issues, I was pretty much out of it for the first 6 weeks. Vague memories of reality, but very vivid and clear imagined situations with people in my life. Sedated, on steroids and antibiodics the mind ran wild. What had happened to me ?? I thought I had been in a plane crash with a friend. But both of us were very careful and skillful pilots. Thought I had been in a tractor accident, but I had thousands of hours on heavy equipment. I thought my wife had left me and was living in Portland with some other dude. I thought I was stranded on a barge on the Columbia River. I thought I was stuck at Red Sox Stadium in Boston. Real weird sh*t.

Now I was no angel in my younger days (35 + years ago) and did some drugs, not hard stuff but weed, shrooms and all, and I have never tripped on that stuff like I did on the legally administered prescribed pharma stuff. :eek: I get some flash blacks now and then, and about once every 90 days there is a pretty intense PTSD like thing that happens, one last week, kept me up from about 2 am on. It took almost a year to work all that stuff out of my system, probably longer than that really.

Glad to hear you are not suffering bad side effects, and you are fighting the good fight. F*ck Cancer.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. It seems that with chemo most people develop a rhythm to deal with it as best they can. If you can anticipate the good days and take advantage of them and sleep through the rough days it helps. Good luck!!
It is heartening to see twenty pages of well-wishes for someone many here have never met. Ya'll pat yourselves on the back!!

We may have never met in person, but I feel as if I know you. The prayers for you go up morning, noon, and night. Cancer is pure evil that can and will be driven from your body. God is greater than any illness. Remember what happened to Job. We're praying and pulling for you. (Trust me, this old sailor still understands what works).

"Occam's Razor" still applies. (The simplest, most direct, explanation is most likely correct). We know that there are forces beyond our control that causes these things, but we can make the environment that fosters their growth nearly non-existent. This is what must take place to encourage rejuvenation and regeneration.

Salud, and may God guide your feet in your walk with Him. May He carry you when you cannot walk.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top