JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find it interesting that with probably 500,000 CPLs in WA we lost badly on these Initiatives. How can people not make the connection or is it just a lot more liberal voters are getting CPLs..... That CPL won't do squat when your ex GF says you are a gun nut and are dangerous...

Brutus Out
Because a LOT of those CPL holders don't vote. If we can get them too then we have hope.

Luckily this is not quite as bad at the Federal level yet and there are free states to move to. I've been eyeballing Idaho and Florida as well as Nevada myself. Anyone else considering moving in the future? I'm sure there will be the usual "don't run, fight it" comments, but face it, it's already been lost. I voted, my GF voted, I keep doing my part, you guys keep doing yours, but this is a game of majority opinion, not who's actually right.

Nevada has been flipped Blue for quite some time now, and was won by Obama twice, and endorsed Hillary in this election. The Las Vegas area has grown so much, that it now dominates the state politically.

They also past new gun control there this week too:

Measure to expand background checks for gun sales passes by razor-thin margin

There was a huge Democratic surge in Nevada in this week's election, with Democrats taking full control of the state's legislature. The reason why the Background check bill was put to a vote of the people, was because Republicans had block it in the legislature. But with Democrats now in full control in the legislature, there is now nothing to stop them from pursuing a gun control agenda in the legislature now:

Blue Wave hands Democrats reins of Nevada Legislature

So Nevada has suffered the same fate as Oregon. Huge numbers of Californians have moved there, and they also have seen their Hispanic population skyrocket in size due to immigration too.

Plus our good old friend Bloomberg has been pumping his millions of dollars into that state too. So you will not find things much better at all in Nevada. That state is now going down the same path.

D.C. Firms, Michael Bloomberg's Money Directing Nevada Gun Control Push - Breitbart

OK, I will. Let me know how it works out for you in Oregon and California, New York, etc. Oh, never mind....

Michael Bloomberg will find you, no matter what state you run to.

He is now calling for a ban on toy guns, saying that they can be spray painted black, and thus made to look real, and then be used to terrify and frighten people:

Bloomberg-with-Toy-Guns-AP.jpg

He is now calling for a ban on toy guns, saying that they can be spray painted black, and thus made to look real, and then be used to terrify and frighten people:

View attachment 322463

I wonder if he has private security and if so, do they carry guns....Kind of like all the politicians who say you don't need guns. Yeah, easy to say when you have 24/7 Secret Service protection...

I'm going to start telling my liberal relatives and friends that we gun owners have now flipped sides on gun control and now fully support it. Now that Trump's in power WE will be armed and they won't be able to get any...

Find it curious that so many do not vote when they are directly effected by the outcome and when the process could hardly be easier. Easier to protect a right than to try to establish one.

You said it.

I can see people missing a vote... maybe... but intentionally not voting? UnAmerican.

You get the government you deserve and not voting is a way to insure that.

I have a gun I can paint black and terrify and frighten people but somehow the forum won't let me upload a pic of Mr. Happy...

I've said many times, know your opposition. When you start your argument with labels, conservative / liberals, Californians ruin... (yet you still sold your house for top dollar, just saying ), we lose. It's a rights issue. Even a Civil Rights issue. That should be the stance. When the government is denying access to a right you have is more debatable than I want a machine gun. I'm just saying you'd get more traction.

I say we adopt a different strategy.

The stats say that a large percentage of the US population resides within 40 miles of a seacoast. Our new strategy should be that Washington needs to be divided into two states. West Washington goes from the coast to 40 miles inland (sorry folks), Real Washington starts there and proceeds to the Idaho border.

We could easily sell the idea to the left side of the state as a better way for them to get the representation they deserve. Those close-mined people out East would no longer get in the way on their path to the utopia they desire.

If you look at recent election maps, this strategy would "fix" most states with a seacoast and would put more power into the electoral college as a hedge against a future "blue wall".

We stay right where we are and just move them to another state. And all you like-minded folks stuck in the new West Washington are welcome to move here any time.

And I'm half Irish/half Italian so I'll either kick your butt today or stab you in the back at some point in the future. You figure out which half is which. :)

I say we adopt a different strategy.

The stats say that a large percentage of the US population resides within 40 miles of a seacoast. Our new strategy should be that Washington needs to be divided into two states. West Washington goes from the coast to 40 miles inland (sorry folks), Real Washington starts there and proceeds to the Idaho border.

We could easily sell the idea to the left side of the state as a better way for them to get the representation they deserve. Those close-mined people out East would no longer get in the way on their path to the utopia they desire.

If you look at recent election maps, this strategy would "fix" most states with a seacoast and would put more power into the electoral college as a hedge against a future "blue wall".

We stay right where we are and just move them to another state. And all you like-minded folks stuck in the new West Washington are welcome to move here any time.

And I'm half Irish/half Italian so I'll either kick your butt today or stab you in the back at some point in the future. You figure out which half is which. :)
This has been proposed. Dems would lose power in Federal elections. Eastern Washington and Oregon are free electoral votes to the Dems. They don't care that you "stupid deplorable bible gun thumpers" are too stupid to know whats best for you. They'll never go for it.

I wonder if we did it as an initiative and put a good marketing campaign together if we could garner enough support from the stoned, ignorant and envious folks to push it over the top?

We'd need to add some messaging about entitlements, redistribution of wealth, fairness, etc. Key buzzwords would really help.

I know I'm dreaming but it's better than moving.

Tell Kate that Hillary wanted to ban guns. How did that work our for her? Are there not more important issues in Oregon? School kids are flunking out, what about passing tax breaks for business instead of raising them to bring business and jobs to Oregon. Oh, I am sorry, buying tents and needles for the homeless is more important.
Unfortunately, Kate did get reelected. The most important issue for the libs is funding PERS. The majority of their contributions come from the state worker unions. Measure 97 will seem mild compared to what they are planning. And don't forget, it will come with an emergency clause so that the great unwashed won't have the opportunity to vote it down.

About those tents and needles, notice that the reality hasn't changed? Still no long term solution, or even efforts to resolve the homeless issue. Lots of feelz though.

Hence my proposal of a Splitting Amendment, Constitutionally requiring that when any one Subdivision or geographically-adjacent Subdivision of a State contains half or more of that State's population, it shall immediately be excised from the old State and reconstituted as a new State.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top