JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own an Sig Cross. Even those had a recall on their first production. Surprise!

Glock Peter

What many do not realize (or accept) is that there have been many more Glock ND's if only due to the longer timeframe that Glock been in the marketplace. 37 yrs vs 9 yrs for P320
And P320 has the benefit (or misfortune) of body cams and social media which is a significant thing.

Glock Peter

What many do not realize (or accept) is that there have been many more Glock ND's if only due to the longer timeframe that Glock been in the marketplace. 37 yrs vs 9 yrs for P320
And P320 has the benefit (or misfortune) of body cams and social media which is a significant thing.

Repost of the same videos (on both sides of the argument). Same "points" same "argument" just on a new thread.

Didn't we just do this. Haha. Every platform needs their own white knight I guess.

Repost of the same videos (on both sides of the argument). Same "points" same "argument" just on a new thread.

Didn't we just do this. Haha. Every platform needs their own white knight I guess.
Seems like some things need repeating judging from reactions/posts.
And the message is, striker-fired platforms are less tolerant of sloppy or complacent handling.

For pretty much all guns. The 1911 has plenty of NDs under it's belt.

I personally witnessed one handgun ND in my life. It was an off-duty LEO that fired a .38 slug into his wall from a 5 shot Smith.
My late Army veteran father shot a hole through the bathroom mirror, the wall, the wardrobe closet and recovered the round laying in the middle of the empty bed. It was with the Ruger GP100 that now lives in my safe.

It ain't just striker-fired guns that don't tolerate sloppy handling so that message wears thin.

I personally witnessed one handgun ND in my life. It was an off-duty LEO that fired a .38 slug into his wall from a 5 shot Smith.
My late Army veteran father shot a hole through the bathroom mirror, the wall, the wardrobe closet and recovered the round laying in the middle of the empty bed. It was with the Ruger GP100 that now lives in my safe.

It ain't just striker-fired guns that don't tolerate sloppy handling so that message wears thin.
Get out of here with that!

It's all Glocks fault! They are the poster boy for NDs. Don't let anyone say differently. It always goes back to Glock being the bad guy. Lol.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.
The well-documented ramp up of ND's when LE agencies transitioned to striker-fired platforms clearly illustrates that striker fired platforms are less tolerant of sloppy/complacent handling.

I wonder how many 1911s went bang unintentionally but were never reported. LE has changed a lot over the years. But I get your point. I've understood many of them. It's too bad you're so quick to shoot down any that don't align with yours.

I wonder how many 1911s went bang unintentionally but were never reported. LE has changed a lot over the years. But I get your point. I've understood many of them. It's too bad you're so quick to shoot down any that don't align with yours.
I don't care what aligns with anything else.
I do however, prefer facts and critical thinking over opinion and emotion.
IMO, a 1911 ND would be due to gross negligence/incompetence.

The ND's when LE was transitioning from DA/SA to strikers is noteworthy because however LE was handling their DA/SA's, it didn't work for the strikers.
The evidence shows that striker fired platforms are less tolerant of sloppy/complacent handling as compared to DA/SA.
The record also shows that no brand of pistol was/is exempt.

Just like the four rules of gun safety you would have to break several to injure someone. To get a ND from a 1911 you have to defeat a couple of safeties and pull the trigger.
With a Glock you just have to pull the trigger, no other safeties. Quite a few Glocks have had an ND from clothing or even the holster itself getting in contact with the trigger. To do that with a 1911 you would have forgotten to put the safety on, be holding the grip safety down and then be on the trigger.
The sig has been caught a couple times on security cams firing without any input from the shooter. Sigs latest is to "Recommend" that shooters unload, dry fire, and reload daily. A friend is a Sig fan but even he passed on the 320. DR

I don't care what aligns with anything else.
I do however, prefer facts and critical thinking over opinion and emotion.
IMO, a 1911 ND would be due to gross negligence/incompetence.

The ND's when LE was transitioning from DA/SA to strikers is noteworthy because however LE was handling their DA/SA's, it didn't work for the strikers.
The evidence shows that striker fired platforms are less tolerant of sloppy/complacent handling as compared to DA/SA.
The record also shows that no brand of pistol was/is exempt.
Striker fired guns aren't exactly new technology. How much longer are we going to use their "technology" as an excuse? They are more like "standard" at this point.

When LE switched from mainly revolver to SA (the 1911 being prevalent at the time) there were plenty of NDs inside PD locker rooms and training areas.

Striker fired guns aren't exactly new technology. How much longer are we going to use their "technology" as an excuse? They are more like "standard" at this point.

When LE switched from mainly revolver to SA (the 1911 being prevalent at the time) there were plenty of NDs inside PD locker rooms and training areas.
They're not new to the market, but if they are new to someone that was carrying DA/SA, they are a lot like carrying in single action and some with no manual safety.
DC, NYPD, LA County, Milwaukie (probably forgot a few) all had a steep learning curve when they transitioned to striker guns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top