JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup,

(7) The Department of Justice shall, for each semiautomatic pistol newly added to the roster pursuant to Section 32015, remove from the roster exactly three semiautomatic pistols lacking one or more of the applicable features described in paragraphs (4), (5), and (6) of subdivision (b) and added to the roster before July 1, 2022. Notwithstanding those paragraphs, each semiautomatic pistol removed from the roster pursuant to this subdivision shall be considered an unsafe handgun. The Attorney General shall remove semiautomatic pistols from the roster pursuant to this subdivision in reverse order of their dates of addition to the roster, beginning with the semiautomatic pistol added to the roster on the earliest date and continuing until each semiautomatic pistol on the roster includes each of the applicable features described in those paragraphs.

Irony in that these "unsafe handguns" can still be carried by LEOs protecting the politicians who made this law.

Irony #2, of all guns, with the current media dumpster fire about P320 this is the gun they allow??? (As many of you know, I have been defending (so far) 320s, but still...)
Yeah - the laws in Ca are a mess. Trying to compete in any shooting sport was almost impossible. I stopped shooting High Power rifle competitions because it was impossible for newer shooters forced to shoot with older rifles (I.e. Garands, etc) to compete with veteran shooters that managed to get ARs before all the bans. Love my Garand, but have to admit that a decent AR will out shoot it fairly easily.

The real irony is that police officers are the main source for "off-roster" pistols in Ca. Loads of officers make a fairly good side business out of buying and selling off-roster pistols to civilians.

Irony in that these "unsafe handguns" can still be carried by LEOs protecting the politicians who made this law.

Irony #2, of all guns, with the current media dumpster fire about P320 this is the gun they allow??? (As many of you know, I have been defending (so far) 320s, but still...)
I dunno if it went anywhere, but I seem to recall there was a recent legislative action proposed to remove the LEO exemptions. They would be confined to the roster as well.

Anyone know any more about that?

I'm in the... will never cross their border again... don't care... don't pay attention outside of those rulings with national significance... camp.

Haha go easy, you'll make @DirectDrive head explode. Or at very least a few more excuses. :D
I see your head's already exploded.
Just sippin' some lemonade over here.

:s0140:

Fun Fact :

P320 DROP SAFETY

When Sig was bidding on the Military contract with the P320, one of the bid requirements was that it pass the SAAMI drop safety test. You can read the specs in Section 5 of SAAMI SPECS.

The original pre-voluntary upgrade P320 did in fact pass this test.

During early field testing by the Army, it was discovered the gun could fire when dropped outside the parameters of the SAAMI criteria, specifically related to angle and surface.

Sig was able to replicate this issue and determined the heavy trigger shoe would produce enough sudden momentum when dropped in these conditions that it would cycle the full trigger stroke just as if someone had pressed the trigger (thus defeating all the internal safeguards such as the striker safety lever).

For consumers who wanted their P320 drop safety performance to exceed SAAMI specifications, Sig offered a voluntary upgrade that included a lighter trigger shoe along with some internal changes such as a sear with a secondary safety notch (more on this later.).

This voluntary upgrade solved the Army's drop safety concerns and was added as a standard feature on newer production units.

"UNCOMMANDED DISCHARGES"

These are post upgrade P320's that fire when holstered.

For a proper functioning P320 to fire, the following has to occur:

There must be a live round in the chamber.

The slide must be in battery.

The takedown lever must be in the seated 3:00 position.

The trigger must be pressed to the rear in order to move the trigger bar rearward.

The trigger bar must engage the action to deactivate the striker safety lever, and to lower the sear enough for the striker lug to clear both the primary and secondary sear safety notches.

It's only at this point when the fully energized (cocked) striker is released with enough force and enough movement to impact the primer.

To date, no one has been able to replicate these "uncommanded discharges."

Last Edited:
I see your head's already exploded.
Just sippin' some lemonade over here.

Fun Fact :

P320 DROP SAFETY

When Sig was bidding on the Military contract with the P320, one of the bid requirements was that it pass the SAAMI drop safety test. You can read the specs in Section 5 of SAAMI SPECS.

The original pre-voluntary upgrade P320 did in fact pass this test.

During early field testing by the Army, it was discovered the gun could fire when dropped outside the parameters of the SAAMI criteria, specifically related to angle and surface.

Sig was able to replicate this issue and determined the heavy trigger shoe would produce enough sudden momentum when dropped in these conditions that it would cycle the full trigger stroke just as if someone had pressed the trigger (thus defeating all the internal safeguards such as the striker safety lever).

For consumers who wanted their P320 drop safety performance to exceed SAAMI specifications, Sig offered a voluntary upgrade that included a lighter trigger shoe along with some internal changes such as a sear with a secondary safety notch (more on this later.).

This voluntary upgrade solved the Army's drop safety concerns and was added as a standard feature on newer production units.

"UNCOMMANDED DISCHARGES"

These are post upgrade P320's that fire when holstered.

For a proper functioning P320 to fire, the following has to occur:

There must be a live round in the chamber.

The slide must be in battery.

The takedown lever must be in the seated 3:00 position.

The trigger must be pressed to the rear in order to move the trigger bar rearward.

The trigger bar must engage the action to deactivate the striker safety lever, and to lower the sear enough for the striker lug to clear both the primary and secondary sear safety notches.

It's only at this point when the fully energized (cocked) striker is released with enough force and enough movement to impact the primer.

To date, no one has been able to replicate these "uncommanded discharges."
Did you get that from the Sig fans forum? :D

And who drinks lemonade on A Saturday morning? It's coffee or nothing LOL

Did you get that from the Sig fans forum? :D
It was from a Guntuber that has shown himself to be unbiased.
He owns both SIGS and Glocks.
I found it most interesting that the P320 was SAAMI drop safe compliant in its original format.

And who drinks lemonade on A Saturday morning? It's coffee or nothing LOL
It is actually coffee.
Lemonade just sounded a little snarkier.

:D

It was from a Guntuber that has shown himself to be unbiased.
He owns both SIGS and Glocks.
I found it most interesting that the P320 was SAAMI drop safe compliant in its original format.

It is actually coffee.
Lemonade just sounded a little snarkier.

The 320 was NEVER drop safe in its original format. Even Sig admitted that with its recall. Are you really going to go that far with your love of Sigs? Quoting some random guntuber who obviously lives in Sigtown and now posting that the 320 was drop safe all along? LOL It's your own credibility your playing with I suppose.

The 320 was NEVER drop safe in its original format. Even Sig admitted that with its recall. Are you really going to go that far with your love of Sigs? Quoting some random guntuber who obviously lives in Sigtown and now posting that the 320 was drop safe all along? LOL It's your own credibility your playing with I suppose.
Got any documentation on that ?
I'll go back to sipping my lemonade.

Is someone choking? Or is that just the gag reflex I hear? Either way it sounds like they know what they're doing.

Is someone choking? Or is that just the gag reflex I hear? Either way it sounds like they know what they're doing.
I can't imagine being such a fan of any product that I would defend it to this degree. I wonder if there is a window sticker or a tattoo or some other tribute to Sig to ice the cake. :D

I can't imagine being such a fan of any product that I would defend it to this degree. I wonder if there is a window sticker or a tattoo or some other tribute to Sig to ice the cake. :D
The battle's been fought, boys.
Wish I had better news, but your side lost.
Sorry, you'll have to re-group and see if you can come up with a new plan.
Or not.

Hey, did you hear that CA just put M18 on the roster ?

The battle's been fought, boys.
Wish I had better news, but your side lost.
Sorry, you'll have to re-group and see if you can come up with a new plan.
Or not.

Hey, did you hear that CA just put M18 on the roster ?

I don't have to fight a battle. Your preferred weapon shoots its own operator. It does the fighting for me.

And of course Cali added it to the gun roster. The more gun owners that are neutralized the better according to that state.

I saw a rockstar energy drink tattoo once. I not so quietly wondered if he was paid for that billboard or he personally laid down dollars on their behalf...

SIG's completed the task.
You'll have to wait for the next bomb thrower and see if anything sticks.

It could stick and you'd be the one over there with a scraper trying to peel it off before anybody sees.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top