JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Face it, this state is controlled by libs in King County. We have clearly lost the war. Yes, there may be other battles before the fat lady sings, but face it, the war is already lost. These tyrannical initiatives keep winning by HUGE margins in Oregon, WA, etc. We will soon be just like California. Everything will be illegal other than a musket, and 99% of the people will be deemed ineligible due to ever having used nasal spray, ever having raised your voice at anyone and traffic tickets, or how about no fly list style, we just ban you and don't tell you why and good luck fighting it. I say that somewhat in jest but I see clearly that this is the tactic of the liberals. One small initiative at a time to limit firearms and disqualify more and more people from their ownership.

Luckily this is not quite as bad at the Federal level yet and there are free states to move to. I've been eyeballing Idaho and Florida as well as Nevada myself. Anyone else considering moving in the future? I'm sure there will be the usual "don't run, fight it" comments, but face it, it's already been lost. I voted, my GF voted, I keep doing my part, you guys keep doing yours, but this is a game of majority opinion, not who's actually right.

Idaho is sounding better and better all the time. Even that will be lost eventually to "progressives" (what does that mean, you progress at stealing my money at the threat of imprisonment and redistributing to others while further disarming and enslaving me?). But at least not likely in our life times.

You guys are giving up too soon. You need to read up about noncompliance strategies.
Took longer than expected to get the first "fight it" comment. Non compliance in an increasingly police oriented state? Where they can just say terrorism, no warrant needed and search? Dog alerts? Prison??? No thanks...

Face it, this state is controlled by libs in King County. We have clearly lost the war. ...

WHAT THE HECK! These were not liberal strong holds in the past. And they didn't become strongholds overnight. It took time and work on the progressives part to get where they are today. The SAME planning, commitment time and work we need to do to take it back!

This state didn't get progressive (at least in Eugene and Portland) by progressives running away.

WHAT THE HECK! These were not liberal strong holds in the past. And they didn't become strongholds overnight. It took time and work on the progressives part to get where they are today. The SAME planning, commitment time and work we need to do to take it back!

This state didn't get progressive (at least in Eugene and Portland) by progressives running away.
We may as well put up some kind of fight before we give up, right? What have we tried so far? Some marches? We need to find and support a leader who will develop programs where we can volunteer for specific tasks. I feel like there are plenty here who would do something if we had a real movement. And if you're waiting for the NRA to step up you're in for a long wait.

The best strategy would be to increase conservative numbers. Get people to move to the marginally liberal areas first and work up from there.

It worked (kinda) for the bagwhan.

But I would be just as wary of a government that was single-party right as I am about the current single-party left.

elsie

start networking with like-minded folks and start talking amongst yourselves about serious scenarios regarding your state's positions. do it in person. do not do it over social media. do not do it over email or txt. always in person and probably without any recording devices. you will figure out an action to take.

all of this is your right. exercise it.

I watched this thing "unfolding" in the 70's. Our friends from Kalifornia started moving up with their newfound wealth and decided it was really nice here, and then they decided to help us "fix things". They started small, positions no one thought were important at the time.........like our school boards.....and they worked it up from there..........it takes time and they are masters at the game. They just overplayed their hand this time but they will be back, count on it.

I watched this thing "unfolding" in the 70's. Our friends from Kalifornia started moving up with their newfound wealth and decided it was really nice here, and then they decided to help us "fix things". They started small, positions no one thought were important at the time.........like our school boards.....and they worked it up from there..........it takes time and they are masters at the game. They just overplayed their hand this time but they will be back, count on it.

This ^^^. Exactly what I saw growing up in the 80's in a small rural coastal town.

Face it, this state is controlled by libs in King County. We have clearly lost the war. Yes, there may be other battles before the fat lady sings, but face it, the war is already lost. These tyrannical initiatives keep winning by HUGE margins in Oregon, WA, etc. We will soon be just like California. Everything will be illegal other than a musket, and 99% of the people will be deemed ineligible due to ever having used nasal spray, ever having raised your voice at anyone and traffic tickets, or how about no fly list style, we just ban you and don't tell you why and good luck fighting it. I say that somewhat in jest but I see clearly that this is the tactic of the liberals. One small initiative at a time to limit firearms and disqualify more and more people from their ownership.

Luckily this is not quite as bad at the Federal level yet and there are free states to move to. I've been eyeballing Idaho and Florida as well as Nevada myself. Anyone else considering moving in the future? I'm sure there will be the usual "don't run, fight it" comments, but face it, it's already been lost. I voted, my GF voted, I keep doing my part, you guys keep doing yours, but this is a game of majority opinion, not who's actually right.

Idaho is sounding better and better all the time. Even that will be lost eventually to "progressives" (what does that mean, you progress at stealing my money at the threat of imprisonment and redistributing to others while further disarming and enslaving me?). But at least not likely in our life times.
Trust me Idaho suck azz:eek:

It took Microsoft,google and Amazon moving their cronies in

Well, I am going on the offensive. I am moving to Kali in 2 weeks and I will take a jug of FREE air and tell everybody I can how much fun ARs are without bullet buttons and about the good ol days in the NW..... But, sure, I admit. My end game is IDaho. For you younger folks, it starts with your kids and their friends. Teach them to shoot if they want...

Brutus Out

The gun grabbers moved their focus to the individual states last year. Now with the Republican stronghold at the federal level, they will amp up their gun control efforts at the state level. OR and WA are prime territory for them and they know it. Their goal is to make the entire west coast united in disarmament.

The solution is not through legislation. That is simply a numbers game and conservatives are outnumbered. The solution is through the courts. Get organized and fight. Pick the battles that make sense. There's an organization in California called Calguns. They're not perfect but they've had some successes. Oregon and Washington both need similar organizations. Reach out and join forces with them. There's strength in numbers.

Alternatively you can escape to Idaho...until liberals start settling there too. It's only a matter of time. You're going to have to fight somewhere. Might as well be here.

Also, if you're not a member of the NRA, you need to be. They're not perfect either. But they are still the best pro 2A rights organization around right now.

The solution is not through legislation. That is simply a numbers game and conservatives are outnumbered. The solution is through the courts. Get organized and fight. Pick the battles that make sense. There's an organization in California called Calguns. They're not perfect but they've had some successes. Oregon and Washington both need similar organizations. Reach out and join forces with them. There's strength in numbers.

Alternatively you can escape to Idaho...until liberals start settling there too. It's only a matter of time. You're going to have to fight somewhere. Might as well be here.

Also, if you're not a member of the NRA, you need to be. They're not perfect either. But they are still the best pro 2A rights organization around right now.
Well we do have WaGuns. I haven't visited in a while but maybe I should.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews