JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long-time gun dealer Martin B. Retting in Culver City, CA has closed. As I recall, they started in business in New York shortly after WW2, then moved to so. Calif. in the early 1950's. They were one of the last go-to gun shops in so. Calif.

Here is an interesting footnote. The City of Culver City passed a local ordnance that banned retail gun dealers from locations within so many feet of a school. Retting was within that prohibited distance of a school, but was allowed to continue to do business in a grandfathered status. Now that the business has closed, the City of Culver City bought the property. To eliminate the possibility of another gun shop buying it and opening up for business under the grandfather status. I don't remember the numbers, but the city paid well over market value to get the property.

Culver City, think old timey movie studio and Howard Hughes. It used to be just a crummy suburb of LA, but Sony bought those old movie studio properties. Now, a smallish, post WW2 tract home there costs over a million dollars. Which is to say, about the same as many other crummy so. Calif. suburbs.

That's a bummer. I know the place and have bought two guns from them over the years.

The only upside is that the 9th can only sit on the 2nd Amendment so long until the other Fed. courts and SC restore them. When the CA (and WA) people get their rights back and shops and ownership bounce back sharply like a quarter off of Madonna's rubber-silicone face, I hope the libtards drown in their own tears.

Good place and I bought quite a bit of funs from them over the years because I was teaching at Leuzinger HS.
I got my Steyr k98k, Steyr m95 long rifle 8x56, Fég AP22 walther ppk .22 clone and many other setups.
They also had and made reproduction M1 garand gas trap parts.

Fun shop to visit.
Sad it's gone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews