JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another Fun Fact :

TXDPS one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the US has adopted P320.
Image that, the Texas Rangers have adopted P320.

The Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS) has adopted the SIG SAUER P320 as its official service firearm. The Texas Department of Public Safety will acquire 4,000 SIG SAUER P320 pistols for official service use throughout the TXDPS Highway Patrol, Criminal Investigations Divisions (CID), Aircraft Division, Executive Protection Bureau, Intelligence and Counterterrorism, Texas Rangers, SWAT, and Special Operations Group. TXDPS is one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the country.

With all the problems that P320 allegedly has, it seems to be surging in the marketplace.
Hmmmm.....

:)

So one random YouTuber says it's good and now even Sigs own recall is null? :D

It doesn't matter how much evidence is presented, looks like we'll just keep getting feelings-based responses and weird gloating like sone kind of contest was won.

So one random YouTuber says it's good and now even Sigs own recall is null? :D

It doesn't matter how much evidence is presented, looks like we'll just keep getting feelings-based responses and weird gloating like sone kind of contest was won.
See now, I think your team is all feelings and emotion based bomb throwing.

More fun facts :

It should be noted that Dallas Police Department reconsidered its prohibition on the usage of the P320 after conferencing with SIG Sauer technical personnel. Omaha Outdoors announced they were discontinuing sales of the P320 based on their tests, and the story began to be spread like wildfire on the Internet.

Admittedly, this report is concerning – the P320 is supposed to be "drop safe." The video footage shows the P320 being dropped and discharging, so that means it's not drop safe, right? Well, not exactly.

All firearms in the US must perform in accordance with the parameters of the industry standard ANSI/SAAMI Z299.5-2016 drop test specified in its Section 5. Complying with these parameters makes the firearm "drop safe" per the standard. The problem with the Omaha Outdoors "testing" is that it falls well outside of the parameters set by the ANSI/SAAMI specification for being considered "drop safe." This is why SIG is well within their rights to continue to call the P320 "drop safe" and why the corrective action SIG is taking to address the issue (which I'll discuss further below) is considered a "voluntary upgrade" and not a recall. No gun is the US is currently required to not fire when dropped on to concrete at a -30 degree angle.

On the board, please write 100 times :

"I am guilty of having capitulated to the P320 Internet Misinformation Campaign and beg forgiveness for having based my opinions on said misinformation."

"I am guilty of having capitulated to the P320 Internet Misinformation Campaign and beg forgiveness for having based my opinions on said misinformation."

You're right. Sig's recall was pointless, and the videos showing it firing when dropped are all staged. You and this guy on YouTube have it all figured out.

Dude lol. I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're seriously fine with the p320s failures.

Yeah it's "drop safe" when tested to the saami and other commercial style tests (drop muzzle down or side of pistol down) but these guns are straight up firing when dropped on the rear of the slide/frame.

Yeah cool, it's "drop safe", just make sure you drop it in the right spot.

whack-a-mole-cute.gif

I'm going to go grab a beer.
I'll let the cat take over for a while.

Aren't just the 1st wave of 320s the ones that dropped fired? The newer made ones don't drop fire, correct? So any made after a certain date are free of that defect?

If buying a 320 I'd check the production year and only consider ones made in last year or two. But im not considering one either way, just not interested.

Not sure if I buy the 320 "just firing" theory honestly. If they could replicate it successfully and repeatedly I would but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. But again since I don't plan on buying one any time in the foreseeable future I guess that's someone else's problem to worry about lol.

Aren't just the 1st wave of 320s the ones that dropped fired? The newer made ones don't drop fire, correct? So any made after a certain date are free of that defect?

If buying a 320 I'd check the production year and only consider ones made in last year or two. But im not considering one either way, just not interested.

Not sure if I buy the 320 "just firing" theory honestly. If they could replicate it successfully and repeatedly I would but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. But again since I don't plan on buying one any time in the foreseeable future I guess that's someone else's problem to worry about lol.
To me, it's at least considering the possibility instead of brushing it off as internet lore. Nobody on these forums knows for sure no matter how hard they try to sell it.

To me, it's at least considering the possibility instead of brushing it off as internet lore. Nobody on these forums knows for sure no matter how hard they try to sell it.
It's the Internet Lore that is the tool of the naysayers, the bomb throwers.
Everything they have is either emotion or opinion based.
All of the so-called "evidence" has been debunked and no one can show that a P320 will discharge uncommanded.

If there is any new evidence, rest assured that the ambulance-chaser, anti-gun attorneys and anti-2A media will find it.

The old farts on here are no better than Warren at the Gun Room. They are brand whores who latch on and suckle their fav brands to death.

The P320 is safe, just isn't idiot proof. As many P320s that have been sold, if it was as dangerous as some are claiming, there would be a never ending stream of reports with recorded evidence the gun is a problem, instead of the handful of alleged incidents which so far appear to be people who need safeties to handle their firearms safely.

Glock leg is a real term for a reason, and it is the same thing we're seeing with the P320.

The old farts on here are no better than Warren at the Gun Room. They are brand whores who latch on and suckle their fav brands to death.

The P320 is safe, just isn't idiot proof. As many P320s that have been sold, if it was as dangerous as some are claiming, there would be a never ending stream of reports with recorded evidence the gun is a problem, instead of the handful of alleged incidents which so far appear to be people who need safeties to handle their firearms safely.

Glock leg is a real term for a reason, and it is the same thing we're seeing with the P320.
But instead on Glock leg, it's 320 penis :s0140:

I own and shoot Glocks, and I'll be the first to admit they can have issues if mishandled. They also had quite a few instances when they first got popular due to the very nature of them and their lack of an external safety. I'll never argue that they are perfect. I never have. Not one time on these forums have I ever stated they are the best or perfection or otherwise. And that's the point. To stick by the 320 so wholeheartedly when again nobody on these forums knows for sure….to me it's extremely short-sighted based on brand loyalty. There ARE videos of 320s going boom. To write them all off as operator error is again short sighted. Not saying you are, just a general opinion.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads