JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK so its gotten real!! A Drone has flown over my house now twice. Once with my wife which I just found out about when I was bubbleguming about the damn thing flying over my head today while BBQ in my back yard. If I would have had a long broom stick I could have knocked it down. It was flying low and slow and I gotta say I have never felt so pissed and intruded upon.

I'm going to call tomorrow and report the damn thing. Maybe time for a high powered garden hose. :mad:

I have yet to actually see a drone flying - anywhere. Maybe they won't catch on as a novelty much over here. I guarantee however people around here will not be accepting of them at all if they are close enough to be taken down.

I have yet to actually see a drone flying - anywhere. Maybe they won't catch on as a novelty much over here. I guarantee however people around here will not be accepting of them at all if they are close enough to be taken down.

Believe me I would love to do that!! I will start by following it the next time and finding the owner. But what I really want to do is shoot the bubblegumming thing down and stomp on it. :mad:

What I don't want is to go to jail. I have a couple ideas of who it might be.

That would really tick me off. You know, I hate the idea of more government regulation on just about anything, there is far too much of that already. But what do you do when those handful of people, idiots, really, can't respect the rights of others as they attempt to exercise their own? They are like the dipsh!ts that shoot up garbage and leave their crap behind on public lands. Those few ignorant jackweeds ruin it for everyone else. As for the drone voyeurs, well, something needs to be done, but I'd rather see the government stay out of it.

Rather, I'd like to see citizens policing themselves. Do you know a drone pilot that does this crap? Confront him about it. Catch him in the act? Confront him and tell him you'll report him if he continues. Honestly, I'd like to see my private property rights extend above my property so that if someone lingers over it with a drone, I can take action myself. I'm not talking about folks that may have to transit my property to get somewhere else, I get that. But if someone hovers/lingers over my property, then I should have a right to exert my private property rights as I could with any person that's unwelcome on my property. But again, I really hate the idea of more government interference.

I have a feeling sometime in the near future, there will be some viable anti-drone tech that will help with this problem. So far, it's not been an issue for me, but I suspect it could happen down the road. And if it does, I'm certain I won't be happy. Hopefully for them, I'm not out running my pressure washer on that day o_O

Buddy and I were talking last night and came up with an idea. Ladder golf? :D

Create one with four balls all tied together and get really good at your sport.

Buddy and I were talking last night and came up with an idea. Ladder golf? :D

Create one with four balls all tied together and get really good at your sport.

You know, those frisbee golf discs are pretty heavy. Practice your high-arc shots in your backyard. If a drone happens to fly into your path, well, then I guess they owe you a new disc ;)

A I have said before - the drone is being flown ONLY because it has a camera and can 'see' things. If it is hovering in one area, over someone etc. it is being used to watch something/someone. This SHOULD be considered trespassing if it is within the confines of private property - regardless of how high it is. It would seem to me the recent removal of the registration rule should make it easier (legally) to bring one down. Seems this is a common 'thread' on other forums also.

Last Edited:
OK so its gotten real!! A Drone has flown over my house now twice. Once with my wife which I just found out about when I was bubbleguming about the damn thing flying over my head today while BBQ in my back yard. If I would have had a long broom stick I could have knocked it down. It was flying low and slow and I gotta say I have never felt so pissed and intruded upon.

I'm going to call tomorrow and report the damn thing. Maybe time for a high powered garden hose. :mad:

Maybe get a large fishing net and if the drone is flying low and slow then throw the net over the drone. Disconnect the LiPO battery and take it into your front yard and then stomp. Most drones have an FPV camera and the pilot has goggles so you will who it flying it if you stomp on the drone. I know some drone pilots but they have AMA cards and fly in public parks and do not fly over private property and abide by AMA rules.

Sling shot and 3 or 4 small split shot fishing weights connect them together with some 10 lbs braided fishing line in a X pattern so you can be like spider man and shoot webs at it lol if you get the fishing line in one of the propeller 's it's done it will come down

dont use anything that can be construed as a weapon or device to deliberately destroy it, or you will be the one in trouble.....use a garden hose with a high pressure nozzle ...get it wet enough it will come down
you can claim, the sprinklers came on, the kids were playing with the water hose in the yard, if they are close enough to get wet you wont have any legal worries

I'm tempted to string fishing line in various spots above my house - stay above my 'safety net' and you're fine, drop below it, well that's your problem now - plus, you owe me more fishing line ;) I've got some pretty tall trees that would be great anchor points for such an idea.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top