JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back to the OP for a second. For those that have stated that the woman in the video is in hot water. That woman did not appear to fire the shotgun.

This is the stuff I hate in today's "reporting".
The article headline: "Not in my backyard! Woman throws stones before using a GUN to get rid of nosy neighbour's drone"
When in fact she was "using a gun" it is not like the headline implies. Reporters know this, and write it this way to 'grab' the readers attention. When they are just ruining their credibility. (IMHO)
First line: "A woman lost her temper at a nosy neighbour's drone and aimed a gun at it to make it buzz off."
How does the author know she lost her temper. Implies that gun owners' are angry, or anything can just set them off.
A little further down: "After throwing what appeared to be stones at the device she then grabbed a gun and appeared to try to fire the aerial spy out of the sky."
To my knowledge there is nothing illegal about appearing to fire a gun. And on your own property. The author of the article should have said 'pointed the gun'. And they say "throwing what appeared to be stones" when it is clear she was throwing something, and then reports that she "appeared to try to fire", in a sense saying throwing stones is the same as appearing to fire the gun. (Side note: the way that woman pointed that shotgun had she fired, I think the drone would have been dead in it tracks.
And further down: "The livid woman took aim at the device but it is not clear whether or not she fired a shot."
Now she is "livid". Again, how does the reporter know this.

More times that not, reporters piss me off.

I have been trying to research and see if there is a ceiling that they need to stay above? Can't find squat!! I mean honestly I wouldn't care if the SOB was at 100 feet and just buzzing my property in a loop once in a while. But this low and slow watching me pisses me off to no end :mad:

I like the ...get your own drone and do an aerial dogfight

get tactical on them.....you can buy water cannons for these drones so you could shoot down another drone easily.... 12ft range:cool:
V979 Quadcopter with Water Cannon

I'll go back to what I originally posted, if and when it ever occurs in the remote location I live and it's flying and spying, it's down on the ground Damned the torpedoes.
There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be buzzing this place way up here, I've no neighbors to speak of and I'll deal with the legalities.
This isn't cocky talk, it's fact so any of the flyboy types that happen to be members here and wish to school me upon the ramifications of doing such a dastardly thing to your whirlybird machine, let it be known that it falls upon deafened ears, just saying.;)

I didn't go through and read every post but here's the deal most drones only fly for 8 to 10 min so it's got to be a neighbor close by the ones that can fly miles and for 30 to 45 min cost thousands of dollars the one I bought for my nephew was almost $400 and would only fly for 10 min

I didn't go through and read every post but here's the deal most drones only fly for 8 to 10 min so it's got to be a neighbor close by the ones that can fly miles and for 30 to 45 min cost thousands of dollars the one I bought for my nephew was almost $400 and would only fly for 10 min

After a bunch of research I have found that out. Let me guarantee you one thing when I find the guy he isn't going to like me at all!!

I get about 25 minutes out of mine. Lots of people for some reason like to brag that they fly out 1+ miles on some of the forums I'm on. Which is kind of surprising, basically, "Hey let's brag about illegal activity on the internets!" type thing.

I get about 25 minutes out of mine. Lots of people for some reason like to brag that they fly out 1+ miles on some of the forums I'm on. Which is kind of surprising, basically, "Hey let's brag about illegal activity on the internets!" type thing.
I don't know what you got but most like I said most only fly for 10min

It's an X-Star from Autel Robotics. It's a higher end model. Not for stunt work or anything like that, but for aerial photography/videography. Here's a video I did about a month ago,

That's cool but we were down at the big wave surfing competition in California the guys there had one's that would fly for almost a hour but they cost over $2000 I'm going to get that this is a kid from down the street because I would think a guy who invested $2000 grand wouldn't be spying on a BBQ

4337.jpeg 4341.jpeg it's hard to see but it's the only picture 's I got of my nephew flying drone

Sounds like around here sometimes... "Hey... I shot this antelope from 1500 yards" :rolleyes:;):(

That's cool but we were down at the big wave surfing competition in California the guys there had one's that would fly for almost a hour but they cost over $2000 I'm going to get that this is a kid from down the street because I would think a guy who invested $2000 grand wouldn't be spying on a BBQ

I know those too. To me, the $800 I dropped just on the drone and one battery isn't enough to play spy games. Then there is the $300 I have spent on 3 new batteries to add to that.

Worth a try...

Little Big Shot Super Nozzle-LBSR-1 - The Home Depot

Shoots a high velocity stream of water farther than any nozzle I ever used ('cept maybe when I was a kid on family vacations and I could pee over the car during pit stops).

If this annoying pest is flying as low as you say, I think a sturdy blast of water might reach the bird and upset it enough to lose control for a moment, maybe hit a fence or something - in which case you would suddenly be the one in control. The nozzle is a $7 investment, perhaps worth a try.

I fly "drones," and I can't stand what idiot flyers are doing to poison yet another one of my hobbies by flying where they shouldn't. Do your neighbors know this is happening? Maybe you're not the only one who wants to throttle this prick. Network a little. Some detective work might reveal the culprit to you.

Back to the water stream. If for some reason, the bird becomes disoriented and ends up on the ground in/near your property, simply approach it from behind (where the camera is not pointing) and do some modifications with a big hammer. Finders keepers.

It's possible, too, that the owner has his/her contact info on the bird (I do on mine). In that case, once you know who's been aggravating you on purpose, it turns into a whole new ballgame...

Last Edited:
Well there is two possibilities here it's a neighbor and just a kid in witch case you follow it back and ask him to stop flying around your house or it's a grown up and you do the same ask them to stop after that and if they keep coming around do what you can to destroy it LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top