JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bad thing being it has recorded a clear pic of the house it was last at before going 'off the grid' - which in itself would not imply anything but it gives them a place to start looking for it. Regardless lets hope the 'newness' factor wears off quickly with the owners of them and these incidents become rare and isolated.

Oh yes, that's why I figure they would show up asking about it. Drone? What drone? Oh you were flying a drone over my yard? Well sorry, have no idea what happened to it, shut door.
Problem with these damn things is the tech has dropped in price like a rock. It's getting to where nice ones are in the price range of almost all. Christmas before last Wife and I are walking dogs at local field. I see this odd looking control of some kind laying on the ground. Guy comes over laughing. Said his kids got a new drone and "lost it". He pointed at a building saying it flew over the building and was gone. The building he was pointing at was a 5 story apartment. The other side of it was a 4 lane road. So while he's laughing about it I was wondering where it went. Did the drone just cause a wreck out there? Run into and break a window? No one seemed to care. I'm sure they went home and just ordered up another.

GET A GOOD SLING SHOT ~~ Not illegal in most cities
:s0106:

Yes one of those with the wrist brace and some practice can be deadly. With marbles or ball bearing I have no doubt they would break parts off one of the drones. Would not take much to make the thing fail. Of course as mentioned though if you were out in the open they may have video of you doing it. Not sure what they could really do about it. If it was me I would try to bring the thing down with me not seen. Drop a few of them and the neighbor would most likely stop flying it over your house.

GET A GOOD SLING SHOT ~~ Not illegal in most cities
:s0106:

Actually, be sure you check your local laws before you try that. Many cities/counties around the country have taken steps in past years to make it illegal to shoot a slingshot inside city or county limits. They rank them up there with airguns, etc. Many wackos that are freaked out about guns feel the same way about airguns and slingshots.

Yes one of those with the wrist brace and some practice can be deadly. With marbles or ball bearing I have no doubt they would break parts off one of the drones. Would not take much to make the thing fail. Of course as mentioned though if you were out in the open they may have video of you doing it. Not sure what they could really do about it. If it was me I would try to bring the thing down with me not seen. Drop a few of them and the neighbor would most likely stop flying it over your house.

Just as a side note, I have found, after building and shooting many slingshots over the years, that the wrist brace not only doesn't really help, but can hinder a good shot. A non-braced slingshot, properly banded can turn out great power and surprising accuracy.

Yea this is what coming - or worse. Wait until we have a drone caused injury or fatality.

It is certainly going to happen. They have had some close calls in Seattle around the needle. Idiots flying one around and it crashes. While back they were showing where one broke through a glass canopy over an eating area and hit a table. If someone had been sitting there they would have been hurt no doubt. I have long said they need to make an example of some of these jerks. Unless they start throwing the book at some of them this will only get worse. Ruins the fun for the responsible ones.

I suppose since it's so illegal to take down a drone using about any method out there, if I find one hovering over my property, they're going to be graced with a 100%, high-definition view of my glorious nekkid body. If that doesn't bring that drone down, nothing will. :eek::rolleyes:;):D

Just as a side note, I have found, after building and shooting many slingshots over the years, that the wrist brace not only doesn't really help, but can hinder a good shot. A non-braced slingshot, properly banded can turn out great power and surprising accuracy.

I remember as a kid making them from a piece of tree and old car tubes. Amazing none of us got into BIG trouble with those damn things. Of course then we were a little more careful since we knew the consequences if we got caught shooting the wrong thing. I was never very good with one as far as hitting targets. I did know a few who got deadly accurate with those things though. They could take out birds with one as well as I could with a BB rifle.

Unless they start throwing the book at some of them this will only get worse.
I agree - this is serious BS! I thought there were some sort of laws one had to abide by with a drone - are the owners simply NOT following them or are they not being enforced?

I agree - this is serious BS! I thought there were some sort of laws one had to abide by with a drone - are the owners simply NOT following them or are they not being enforced?

So far I'm guessing not much enforcement. If one gets used for some kind of terrorism deal that will change. Same if one ends up bringing down a plane or maybe causing a huge wreck on the freeway. All these things are bound to end up happening.

Should be possible to disrupt the radio signal to the drone. Not sure if they fly back to a set point if that happens. FCC might get upset.

Being a drone owner myself I can tell for a fact this drone owner was in the wrong...

1. flying low altitude over someone elses property and lurking/looking into their windows.
2. After being caught with an obviously upset at you homeowner the drone still comes back in for a closer look essentially trolling the home owner.
3. most drones fly on 2.4Ghz control and 5Ghz video signal...get a jammer that works on wifi and it will likely make the operator lose control of it.

My drones both operate with 1-2 cameras on board. however unlike these photography drones like seen in the video, mine are fixed position cameras and pointed at an upward angle towards the sky.

I run with the FPV camera (first person view) and a HD action camera mounted on top.

However my drones aren't made to lurk or spy. They are made for speed and flying/maneuvering very fast in the air. They climb very fast as well...

20151019_114647_zps8yaxwhoq.jpg
As you can see...not exactly a spy craft lol

And this track is cool as hell. Leave it to Dubai to go all out no expense spared on track building lol

Me..I just fly laps around the yard, over the shop and garage, down the driveway between the trees, bank around the holly tree in the yard and rip back down the drive around the house and over the shop again lol. That's my track.

I show and explain that to show not all drone owners are like this dbag that was trolling the bellevue lady. flying over someone else's properly or lurking around peeking in their windows with a camera is not cool.

Now on the flip side if someone like me is cruising around their own yard rippin around at high speed and crash into a branch or something or lose radio signal for whatever reason.. interference happens sometimes or antennae might come loose and drone crashes in your yard, please don't go trying to break it. It was an accident and never intended to go to your yard. ;) my drone has landed in neighbors yard once and I used a pole to drag it to the fence and retrieve it. drifted and crashed due to radio signal loss (damn wifi interference) before I upgraded to more powerful transmitters and switched to the HAM frequencies..and before you ask yes I am a licensed HAM, but only for the purposes of the racing drones.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top