JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am still thinking along the lines of a rapid fire paintball gun - gum up the rotors and it comes down - quietly.

I was thinking the same thing, paint ball marker. The woman in the pic is asking for HUGE legal trouble. Not from shooting at the Drone. For shooting in the city. If you had enough land to use paint ball though it seems they would do a number on one. Those suckers hurt. If the drone could withstand them then freeze some. While ago the news was showing the damage kids were doing with them. Frozen the balls were making holes in windows and even metal siding on homes. Keep a tube in the freezer and open up on the guys expensive toy.
They also have a deal to cut the signal too them so they just fall. Sure they are expensive now. As with all "tech" price should soon drop. Especially if a lot of people want one for just this kind of stuff.

Especially if a lot of people want one for just this kind of stuff.
Yea reality being what it is these things are being bought BECAUSE there is a cam on them to be used for 'whatever' reasons. If there was no cam I'll bet dollars to dog turds they're would be virtually no purchase of them for 'recreational' use. Like I said before establish two classes of drones - cam equipped and no - cam. No cam models would require NO registration, no nothing - basically a line of sight toy. Cam equipped models however would require registration, licensing and a ID # on the unit JUST LIKE A PLANE. Lets see how many of the no - cam models would sell.

Had a drone fly, then hover over my house for 7-8 minutes. I live in the country on an acre, only 6 homes down my gravel road. Once I realized it wasn't moving I just stood there, arms crossed and stared at it. I'll tell you it's frustrating not being able to do anything about it...

Maybe a nuisance law is in order.
Nothing stopping you from setting up some fine fishing line nets around the property.

Yea reality being what it is these things are being bought BECAUSE there is a cam on them to be used for 'whatever' reasons. If there was no cam I'll bet dollars to dog turds they're would be virtually no purchase of them for 'recreational' use. Like I said before establish two classes of drones - cam equipped and no - cam. No cam models would require NO registration, no nothing - basically a line of sight toy. Cam equipped models however would require registration, licensing and a ID # on the unit JUST LIKE A PLANE. Lets see how many of the no - cam models would sell.

Any drone over 1 pound DOES require registration. It's only $5.

Nothing stopping you from setting up some fine fishing line nets around the property.

Any drone over 1 pound DOES require registration. It's only $5.

I would guess it would do a number on them. Never had one but I'm assuming if you can damage even one rotor it would throw off the balance of the thing. Not to mention if you could actually break one of the rotors. Might be kind of fun.

Hey what to stop a guy from doing some "drone fishing"? High strength line and lots of lead outta do some snagging in the sky pretty good! Not to mention the reeling it in!!!

I would guess it would do a number on them. Never had one but I'm assuming if you can damage even one rotor it would throw off the balance of the thing. Not to mention if you could actually break one of the rotors. Might be kind of fun.

Passive resistance.

The anonymous owner said: 'We were flying our drone around, noticed our neighbour out on the deck and she started throwing things at the drone.'
Oh lets see they just 'noticed' their neighbor and she started throwing things - kind of appears to me they had the cam pointed directly at her and the house - and for some time - this is clearly some sort of privacy violation.

Had a drone fly, then hover over my house for 7-8 minutes. I live in the country on an acre, only 6 homes down my gravel road. Once I realized it wasn't moving I just stood there, arms crossed and stared at it. I'll tell you it's frustrating not being able to do anything about it...

Maybe a nuisance law is in order.

As long as you're not in the city limits one of the nicer air guns may work well. I have never looked closely at one of the drones but I would guess they are not very tough. If one was going to sit still to make a good target a good pellet gun should punch a nice hole in it. Good chance the damn thing would fall right in your yard. :D

If they show up asking "have you seen my drone?" No sorry.
Bad thing being it has recorded a clear pic of the house it was last at before going 'off the grid' - which in itself would not imply anything but it gives them a place to start looking for it. Regardless lets hope the 'newness' factor wears off quickly with the owners of them and these incidents become rare and isolated.

Bad thing being it has recorded a clear pic of the house it was last at before going 'off the grid' - which in itself would not imply anything but it gives them a place to start looking for it. Regardless lets hope the 'newness' factor wears off quickly with the owners of them and these incidents become rare and isolated.

Without permission, can you say trespassing.

If am an nekkid in my front yard, it is not technically illegal (where I live, so long as not a sexual situation)
Back yard same deal but more protections as who can see me is considerably less. I live in non-incorporated county - suburbia.

There have been cases in some jurisdictions where a nekkid person in their house had the cops called on them by someone walking by.

What constitutes a "reasonable expectation of privacy" in your yard, house, front yard (more public) ?

If am an nekkid in my front yard, it is not technically illegal (where I live, so long as not a sexual situation)
Back yard same deal but more protections as who can see me is considerably less. I live in non-incorporated county - suburbia.

There have been cases in some jurisdictions where a nekkid person in their house had the cops called on them by someone walking by.

What constitutes a "reasonable expectation of privacy" in your yard, house, front yard (more public) ?

If it's a woman in the house and someone looks in they are a peeping tom if a guy is in the house he's a exhibitonist.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top