JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I'm ever the victim of one of these home invasion and one or more of the doesn't leave on their own, I'm suing the families of the scum proactively. I think all victims need to go on the offense from here on out, possibly a bad idea though 😁

My only concern with using the Saiga is that velocity of projectiles is still stopped by basic levels of armor. Compared to .223 which will defeat lower levels of armor that would otherwise stop buckshot. Not every home invasion involves the perps wearing armor, but it is not unheard of.

Aiming for stomachs, necks, faces, avoids the armor issue though.
Long ago when scum started getting caught wearing soft armor I started to regularly practice to hit the belt line. If you are a little high you still miss the armor. If you are a little low you hit the pelvic girdle and the scum is in BIG trouble.

That's why you train for home defense for lower abdomen and pelvic hits . A version of "less than lethal" since initially incapacitating a bogey is likely to be sufficient. It also helps reduce potential collateral hits by shooting in a downward tragectory.:s0155:

If you're off just a bit, going low, there is also the possibility of enhancing the gene pool... or at the least, a lifelong reminder he done made a bad choice he deeply regrets.

(I'm funnin... kinda.🤭)

That's why you train for home defense for lower abdomen and pelvic hits . A version of "less than lethal" since initially incapacitating a bogey is likely to be sufficient. It also helps reduce potential collateral hits by shooting in a downward tragectory.:s0155:

If you're off just a bit, going low, there is also the possibility of enhancing the gene pool... or at the least, a lifelong reminder he done made a bad choice he deeply regrets.

(I'm funnin... kinda.🤭)
Yeah… good thing there isn't a spinal cord in the lower abdomen or major blood vessels in the groin area…. Haha

Long ago when scum started getting caught wearing soft armor I started to regularly practice to hit the belt line. If you are a little high you still miss the armor. If you are a little low you hit the pelvic girdle and the scum is in BIG trouble.
Yep. That's a solid practice for any adversaries with armor.

(I'm funnin... kinda.🤭)
Now now, ever heard of "son of a gun" ? Very slight possibility of expanding the gene pool 😁

My only concern with using the Saiga is that velocity of projectiles is still stopped by basic levels of armor. Compared to .223 which will defeat lower levels of armor that would otherwise stop buckshot. Not every home invasion involves the perps wearing armor, but it is not unheard of.

Getting hit with #00 buck will screw him up even with armor. Plus with 20 shots in 4 seconds you can stun and then just continue to remove other parts of the body no problem.

There's video available of people being shot while wearing armor and being otherwise relatively unphased.
I have seen many videos of just the opposite. Including the one posted recently of dude wearing armor and multiple cops shooting him with pistols with zero effect. The only thing that did phase him due to the armor was shotgun rounds.

As others mentioned above it's wise in today's world to practice center mass, crotch and head shots. if trying to penetrate armor high powered rifles are what I would use (I don't bother with "penetrator" type slugs personally).

A rapid firing shotgun can sling massive amounts of lead down range and do massive damage. Fe here is a single shot to the head.

O

Last Edited:
I have seen many videos of just the opposite. Including the one posted recently of dude wearing armor and multiple cops shooting him with pistols with zero effect. The only thing that did phase him due to the armor was shotgun rounds.

As others mentioned above it's wise in today's world to practice center mass, crotch and head shots. if trying to penetrate armor high powered rifles are what I would use (I don't bother with "penetrator" type slugs personally).

A rapid firing shotgun can sling massive amounts of lead down range and do massive damage. Fe here is a single shot to the head.

O
Slugs?

I've had a good look at a level IIIA vest after was put on a ballistic dummy and hit with a shotgun slug at close range. The vest stopped the slug after it penetrated about 8 inches into the gel, dragging some of the vest along with it. It may well have reduced the amount of damage done, but I wouldn't expect many to remain in the fight after that.

Aim for the groin...

aim for the groin.jpg

RE : Post #36

I grew up.......when hitting "below the belt" was considered to be a "No, no".

Wait a second.....

Aloha, Mark

PS......imagine......What if, TX had a stricter, SAFE GUN STORAGE LAW?

(I'm funnin... kinda.🤭)
Well,.... Someone did say just shotgun them in the leg. Maybe you'll hit an artery. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top