JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread is amusing.
As a california native, and gun owner who has driven through, flied in, and even carried. I appreciate the jokes in this thread. I just hope the OP isn't taking them all seriously.

This...from a self-professed California native who could have voted for the actual liberal politicians that passed the very laws that now require those in the surrounding States, to attempt to figure out how to simply drive through there without fear of having their lawful property stolen and rights abridged.
While some may disagree over precisely how the laws of that State can be or will be applied, the fact is those laws exist and can be easily used to create a legal quagmire for a traveler.
Perhaps the OP could call several CHP offices and ask them directly what the law has to say about those passing through from one free state of the union to another and maybe stop a couple of days along the way to sightsee...wanna bet he gets several very different answers?

You may not like some of the answers...
...but they are to questions that never should have had to be asked.

PS...Sorry, can't help it...but "flied in"?, try "flown" or even flew

Last Edited:
This...from a self-professed Liberal, .........
..........., the fact is those laws exist and can be easily used to create a legal quagmire for a traveler.
......... could call several CHP .....wanna bet he gets several very different answers?
PS...Sorry, can't help it...but "flied in"?, try "flown" or even flew

Liberal?.....Where did he prof.........?

Agreed............the laws should NOT exist in the first place.
YA, just cuz' you're the Po-lice, doesn't mean you know the laws:confused::mad::confused::rolleyes:

Hey, I have flowed into CA many times w/o incident........:D

HAY!
Or HEY! (for those who don't feed cows):D

Most of Oregonians are CA natives.........these days...
(and Most of them bring their CA attitude with them).

I'm one that never had that CA attitude, so there was nothing to bring with me in the 70's and again in the 90's:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:.

When we moved between Ft Worth TX and WA State we carefully avoided going through any part of the DPRK both ways. When we HAD to go there to assist my wife's infirm mother move to WA State I took a pistol with 10 rd standard mag and a pump shottie locked in the trunk unloaded while there. When we finally got to flee that horrid place in '92 the relief was on a par with feeding the porcelain pony after driving for 8 hours non-stop. At least it will soon revert to Mexico.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top