JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow.
So much to digest here.

Senator spending five weeks in China.
You just walk onto a plane with a gun in your bag.

Five weeks, with a gun.

This is why many people I know recommend having a dedicated set of Travel Only bags/briefcases/etc that are only loaded when traveling and immediately UNLOADED and stored upon arrival home, so they never even get near the burnt powder of a range nevermind having a gun inside.

Doesn't say much about the screening process. Had it been a bad guy they could all be sitting on the bottom of the Pacific. Not to minimize what 'apparently would be one of our own's' actions. Hard not to think that this was a conscious decision. The only way I have been able to travel by air with a firearm is when it was in a locked case, in luggage that was checked 'domestically'.

Doesn't say much about the screening process. Had it been a bad guy they could all be sitting on the bottom of the Pacific. Not to minimize what 'apparently would be one of our own's' actions. Hard not to think that this was a conscious decision. The only way I have been able to travel by air with a firearm is when it was in a locked case, in luggage that was checked 'domestically'.
The Chinese could have a real field day with this one, being the state of tensions as they currently exist.

This is why many people I know recommend having a dedicated set of Travel Only bags/briefcases/etc that are only loaded when traveling and immediately UNLOADED and stored upon arrival home, so they never even get near the burnt powder of a range nevermind having a gun inside.
I adopted this policy after I found out I went to Hawaii and back with a box to 30-06 ammo in my carry on bag. I used that bag for a range trip prior to the flight and missed it when I cleaned out the bag. Did not notice until I got home an was unpacking things. TSA obviously did not notice either (twice!), and I kinda wonder what else I could have put in there and gotten away with.

I adopted this policy after I found out I went to Hawaii and back with a box to 30-06 ammo in my carry on bag. I used that bag for a range trip prior to the flight and missed it when I cleaned out the bag. Did not notice until I got home an was unpacking things. TSA obviously did not notice either (twice!), and I kinda wonder what else I could have put in there and gotten away with.

Just mark one set, "head up butt", and the other set, "head not up butt"….

Problem solved! :s0108:

I adopted this policy after I found out I went to Hawaii and back with a box to 30-06 ammo in my carry on bag. I used that bag for a range trip prior to the flight and missed it when I cleaned out the bag. Did not notice until I got home a was unpacking things. TSA obviously did not notice either (twice!), and I kinda wonder what else I could have put in there and gotten away with.
Same here, but was handgun rounds that found their way to the bottom of my backpack on a range trip. Come home from the range, emptied the bag, thought all remnants of the range trip had been cleared, packed for a business trip, computer and office supplies in the backpack…. Trip to Toronto and back, found the rounds after unpacking at home :eek:

TSA trusted to keep us safe from the bad guys…. And this is what they'd o, don't see a revolver in a briefcase. How in the world did they miss that????
Two possibilities.

TSA officials/warm bodies aren't the best, nor brightest of inspectors/security, having hired people who would've failed even the most basic security job questionnaires and those who failed police academies :rolleyes: (this is hyperbole yes, but from my experience.. They're not as good as the legit security guards at banks and Govt offices)

Someone called WA AG from the TSA or something. And they told the TSA agents to let the guy get arrested in China :s0140: (conspiracy nuts probably would go this way)

TSA trusted to keep us safe from the bad guys…. And this is what they do, don't see a revolver in a briefcase. How in the world did they miss that????
j4j6n.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads