JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, anyone with the money can charter an airplane. Or buy a private plane and hire a pilot. And maybe also buy and hire a helicopter to get you from home to the airport. As for the US pres, I'd really prefer he do his traveling in Air Force one and Marine I and armored cars rather than in an open car where he can easily be assassinated. Those not rich enough for ordinary commercial planes take trains or buses. And whenever an organization needs somebody fast, they might send a plane.

When I was a kid, my dad was in the AF. He only got two weeks vacation a year. About half the time they canceled it at the last minute. Once they even interrupted his meager vacation by sending a helicopter into the toolies of Florida where the family was vacationing, flying him to the closest airport, where an AF jet was waiting for him and took him directly to DC, and via another AF helicopter to the Pentagon. I guess they were in a rush that time. I think he was only about a Lt. Col. at the time. We never knew what it was about. Except once when they sent a jet for him we did know. Cuban missile crisis. My guess is the other times he actually had an AF jet tasked with flying him to the Pentagon were also times that it looked like WWIII was about to start. Just ones the public never heard about. Just guessing from his job. He was in CONAC. What many here would call a REMF. He was the guy you would want in the room if you needed to activate the entire AF reserves. Which you wouldn't do unless you thought WWIII was starting. I'm guessing we had way more close calls than the public ever knew about during the cold war.
Great info but pretty scary too

I once knew a TSA for the Redmond, OR airport.

It was AMAZING how many guns they discovered in peoples' carry ons as they were passing through the detector.

He once caught a female FBI agent with a loose revolver in her bag.

Arrested and detained for 3 days....

Three months after 9/11 I boarded a flight with a small knife in my pocket, round trip.
2 weeks after 9/11 I boarded a flight with a pair of trauma shears at PDX. Never a issue before, and frankly, forgot they were there.
TSA didn't catch them until the return flight. They just pulled them and threw them away.

TSA workers are practically paid minimum wage, they don't exactly have the best workforce pool to hire from.

When they're not letting prohibited items through, they're stealing from us.

Do the fast track lines at TSA not scan individuals? I don't know. My rare flights have me along with the steerage section.

I always get felt up by TSA or detain for no reason other than making a show of it. It doesn't surprise me a firearm made it through. While they are searching me a pound of fentanyl gets by.

Does the senator turn it in before customs finds it or is he just trying to do the right thing?

Just something to think about there, and i'm not defending this person in any way, BUT,.............

This person MAY have a diplomatic exemption which is INVOLITUTE, meaning NOBODY can search them or their belongings in any way, shape, or form! Also, getting popped by the Chinese doesn't really say much, after all, when do the Chicoms ever follow the rule of law!

Just something to think about there, and i'm not defending this person in any way, BUT,.............

This person MAY have a diplomatic exemption which is INVOLITUTE, meaning NOBODY can search them or their belongings in any way, shape, or form! Also, getting popped by the Chinese doesn't really say much, after all, when do the Chicoms ever follow the rule of law!
Only when they're engaged in official duties befitting their positions. It seems that the Senator was on private vacation or business with his wife in China. It does seem like outside of official duties, these people officially go through the same rules as everyone else when traveling internationally; if taking commercial flights?

It reads like he went to HK customs and told them.
200.gif You look a little nervous

Only when they're engaged in official duties befitting their positions. It seems that the Senator was on private vacation or business with his wife in China. It does seem like outside of official duties, these people officially go through the same rules as everyone else when traveling internationally; if taking commercial flights?
He's also a state senator, not a US senator. There is no diplomatic immunity even if he was traveling for work, as he is representing Washington state, not the US government.

I've known Jeff for over 30 years. While I have doubts about voting for him (not in his district & I'm as conservative as they get and I think he's a bubblegum), I'm surprised that he made this mistake. But....... Jeff has always liked attention.....

Duplicate thread. There was a thread on it yesterday:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top