JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you go from traffic violation to home search warrant?
I'm would assume he was already under investigation/surveillance and he just didn't know it yet. The pull over and arrest for driving suspended was likely just to get him in custody before they got the warrant. They wouldn't want to give him time to have any boating accidents.

That's my guess, at least.

Also, when I got to that part in the article, I immediately wondered if this were a sovereign citizen type situation, though they don't mention anything about that specifically. Just a random thought on my part.

Its very likely.

For example, someone orders a M16A1/A2 full cut (fully machined to accept M16 FCG) lower receiver from someone who sells them online, just don't have the 3rd pin drilled, and then a complete M16 FCG from another vendor... bam they're both flagged by an algrorithm used by Homeland and ATF if theyve got same ship address and also same CC info.. walla constructive possession of an unregistered post-sample M16 lower.
interesting
I have an '80s full cut Colt AR lower but without the 3rd hole
have a mid '90s Colt full auto BCG
but have a Giessle SSA trigger now

I'll wait for DHS to come for me here in Washington State
I'm sure Bob Ferguson know who I am and is just waiting to send in the SWAT teams
They're coming to get me HA HA HO HO HE HE HEY HEY

"Massachusetts residents 15 years and older who wish to possess, carry, and transport firearms, ammunition, and feeding devices are required to have a firearms license. Firearms licenses are issued by municipal police departments."

"a firearms license is needed to purchase all ammunition including black powder."

Eff those clowns and that state.

I'm would assume he was already under investigation/surveillance and he just didn't know it yet. The pull over and arrest for driving suspended was likely just to get him in custody before they got the warrant. They wouldn't want to give him time to have any boating accidents.

That's my guess, at least.

Also, when I got to that part in the article, I immediately wondered if this were a sovereign citizen type situation, though they don't mention anything about that specifically. Just a random thought on my part.
this guy is an of the grid gun collector living on property in a remote part of Cape Cod, not a Metropolitan Boston area radical with pressure cooker bombs
still wondering how he got in DHS's radar

interesting
I have an '80s full cut Colt AR lower but without the 3rd hole
have a mid '90s Colt full auto BCG
but have a Giessle SSA trigger now

I'll wait for DHS to come for me here in Washington State
I'm sure Bob Ferguson know who I am and is just waiting to send in the SWAT teams
They're coming to get me HA HA HO HO HE HE HEY HEY
The ATF probably already knows; its just that so far, you ain't got a M16 FCG in your possession or even a "Drop In Auto Sear". It's why the original pre-1986 Lightning Link and some registered versions of the original DIAS are themselves considered MGs and officially "tightly regulated" :rolleyes: but just the original FA M16 FCG parts by themselves, without a matching/suitable/compatible lower.. is no biggie apparently :rolleyes: officially those parts are for the owners of the currently registered M16 FA MGs :s0140:

The ATF probably already knows; its just that so far, you ain't got a M16 FCG in your possession or even a "Drop In Auto Sear". It's why the original pre-1986 Lightning Link and some registered versions of the original DIAS are themselves considered MGs and officially "tightly regulated" :rolleyes: but just the original FA M16 FCG parts by themselves, without a matching/suitable/compatible lower.. is no biggie apparently :rolleyes: officially those parts are for the owners of the currently registered M16 FA MGs :s0140:
back in the early '90s, I shot at TCGC, BATF shot there all the time
they inspected this rifle I think in '92
several BATF agents were shooting next to me and I let them shoot and inspect this Colt
I was the first member of TCGC that shot a Colt AR15A2 HBAR in High Power competition
retired my NM M1 Garand that year

Felon son in law of a friend of mine bought basically a ghost gun on line and it showed up along with the FBI and local PD. This was in Cali. I am not surprised by any tracing of firearms or parts through the mail leading to arrests.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top