JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this is the first I've confirmed they are tracing on line purchases
the investigation was initiated by Homeland Security and US Postal Investigation Services
I guess back to the gun shows

this is the first I've confirmed they are tracing on line purchases
the investigation was initiated by Homeland Security and US Postal Investigation Services
I guess back to the gun shows
I find it interesting that the penalty for owning a high capacity magazine in Mass. is greater than owning the firearm itself

I'm sure career criminals are catching actual assault cases and getting less attention than this. Same as every other Blue-topian paradise city.
the on line purchases that triggered this investigation happened back in 2019
in research, I can't find any other criminal charges against him, just being a gun collector
unless there is some background we don't know about, why did Homeland Security Cyber Div get involved?
for ordering gun parts on line?

The investigation revealed that since 2019, LaPanne purchased approximately 50 firearms-related items.
It would be interesting to see a list of these 'items'.

I wonder how insignificant some of those items were. I mean, is it possible any and all online gun related purchases ARE in fact being tracked? At least those that can be identified as gun-related.

OR was this guy already under some sort of investigation and somehow they were able to narrow down and track just his purchases ?

I mean, is it possible any and all online gun related purchases ARE in fact being tracked? At least those that can be identified as gun-related.
Its very likely.

For example, someone orders a M16A1/A2 full cut (fully machined to accept M16 FCG) lower receiver from someone who sells them online, just don't have the 3rd pin drilled, and then a complete M16 FCG from another vendor... bam they're both flagged by an algrorithm used by Homeland and ATF if theyve got same ship address and also same CC info.. walla constructive possession of an unregistered post-sample M16 lower.

Maybe this was part of it?

and Possession of Ammunition without License To Carry/Firearms Identification Card.
that's a state violation, why was DHS involved?
back in 2019, it was legal to ship ammo to Mass.
is anyone now a National Security Threat because they have an ammo collection?
paying cash at gun shows is looking better and better again
it's been 20 years since I've been to a gun show in Oregon

Maybe this was part of it?

and Possession of Ammunition without License To Carry/Firearms Identification Card.
"Massachusetts residents 15 years and older who wish to possess, carry, and transport firearms, ammunition, and feeding devices are required to have a firearms license. Firearms licenses are issued by municipal police departments."

"a firearms license is needed to purchase all ammunition including black powder."

Seems like this and probably many other similar cases should be contested as a civil matter against the State of Massachusetts under two SCOTUS decisions;

"Murdock v Pennsylvania-
A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution. P. 319 U. S. 113."

"Shuttleworth v City of Birmingham, AL-
A law subjecting the right of free expression in publicly owned places to the prior restraint of a license, without narrow, objective, and definite standards is unconstitutional, and a person faced with such a law may ignore it and exercise his First Amendment rights. Pp. 394 U. S. 150-151."

"Massachusetts residents 15 years and older who wish to possess, carry, and transport firearms, ammunition, and feeding devices are required to have a firearms license. Firearms licenses are issued by municipal police departments."

"a firearms license is needed to purchase all ammunition including black powder."

he was just off the system
I know dozens of Californians who travel to Nevada to purchase their ammo and return to California due to such regulations there
there is a gun store in Kentucky who has advertised sales and people drive from 4 states to get their ammo, I was there once for a sale
does this also apply to all those Illinois citizens who didn't register their assault rifles
is DHS now going to get involved in State gun control?

he was just off the system
I know dozens of Californians who travel to Nevada to purchase their ammo and return to California due to such regulations there
there is a gun store in Kentucky who has advertised sales and people drive from 4 states to get their ammo, I was there once for a sale
does this also apply to all those Illinois citizens who didn't register their assault rifles
is DHS now going to get involved in State gun control?
I don't know. If the States request it as part of "interstate commerce"?

Homeland Security Investigations' New England Cyber Crimes Group initiated an investigation into possible firearm parts purchased online by LaPanne. He then became the target of an investigation,

SO - was LaPanne already 'on the radar ?

OR - Did he exceed some sort of established number of online purchases and this precipitates an investigation - for maybe anyone? and 'they' just got lucky finding him in violation by not having the required license?

that's a state violation, why was DHS involved?
back in 2019, it was legal to ship ammo to Mass.
is anyone now a National Security Threat because they have an ammo collection?
paying cash at gun shows is looking better and better again
it's been 20 years since I've been to a gun show in Oregon
The article mentions "two silencers" which may make it more of a federal thing. Not sure what Mass laws are regarding those and also wonder if they were maybe purchased online from some seedy Chinese site or something.

Its because he is likely a straight white male. Thus public enemy number one to homeland security. Illegals fresh out of prisons, isis operatives, Mexican cartels no worries no problem they vote blue. Working white male that wishes his country was free.. terrorist.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top