JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've sold many of my guns, though none recently. I've never sold a gun because 'I had too many' or 'I never shoot this'. They say variety is the spice of life! :D

Now that the election is over and we can breathe a tiny bit easier, I have some build plans which will require that I sell or trade some stuff. I'd wait and save up if I were the least bit attached to them.

I don't really collect & I generally don't like having things around that don't see use....so if something starts looking like it's becoming a safe queen, I turn it into something I'll use. Maybe in the future if I have more space & time for a larger number of firearms that might change.

I've sold many of my guns, though none recently. I've never sold a gun because 'I had too many' or 'I never shoot this'. They say variety is the spice of life! :D

Now that the election is over and we can breathe a tiny bit easier, I have some build plans which will require that I sell or trade some stuff. I'd wait and save up if I were the least bit attached to them.

Just don't sell or trade off any 'standard' capacity magazines, just in case Gov. Kate and her band of anti-gun legislative marauders come after them in 2017, and it is highly likely, almost guaranteed she will.

Just don't sell or trade off any 'standard' capacity magazines, just in case Gov. Kate and her band of anti-gun legislative marauders come after them in 2017, and it is highly likely, almost guaranteed she will.

I definitely won't be doing that. I've been carrying around 25 standard capacity FAL mags that I got in a random trade since 2007. Multiple opportunities to make a decent chunk of change, but I'm not one of those guys.

I definitely won't be doing that. I've been carrying around 25 standard capacity FAL mags that I got in a random trade since 2007. Multiple opportunities to make a decent chunk of change, but I'm not one of those guys.

I still have a buy list of magazines going into early 2017, and that includes magazines for guns I don't yet own. I just want to be sure I have them and don't have to later go out of state to legally buy them o_O

I used to love Beretta 92's. I owned an SB model before they were adopted by our military. The thing was beautiful, polished blue with wood grips.

Several years ago I picked up a 90's Browning HiPower and never touched the Berettas again. I started selling them off and hung onto the SB a little longer, but I just never wanted to shoot it. I recently sold it to fund another purchase.

And there was a 6" Stainless Python which I sold back whey they were worth like $700. I never really liked that gun and believe it or not I have no regrets at all.

Why do I feel like I am in an AA meeting?

Right now I haven't got anything I could get rid of. I am left with just a few from my move.
But I love to trade guns. Love doing shows and seeing what I'll find next. And I have to like to shoot it. Oh yeah needs be accurate to.
Even then I can sell most any gun. What I have now is just survival minimum.22s a shot gun a couple hunting rifles and my dads guns. I loved it when I had a safe full. Then I could pull out a couple,go to a show and get a new(to me) gun.
A friend back home just couldn't see how I could do that
I said I don't see how you can just stuff them in the closet and not shoot them.

Last night I was in a Tigard pawn shop buying a .22lr pistol from a member here and in walks a couple of Tigard policeman looking for a guy who had just left the store 5 minutes before they showed up.
Seems he was trying to buy a pistol from another guy and was denied by the OSP because he had been convicted of shooting a remote controlled dummy deer that game wardens use to trap poachers.
They were especially interested in knowing if he had been belligerent to the clerk when told that he had been denied.

I used to sell a lot when I was younger. Always wanted something else and often would let one go to pay for another. That has SLOWED way down as I got older. I do still sell one now and then if I am sure I will not regret it. There are a few I let go over the years that I would LOVE to have back. I have bought a lot of used guns over the years so I certainly have no problem with someone selling. I have never been a "collector". Having a gun I can't shoot, just look at, has never done anything for me. Nothing wrong with it if that's what others like. To me if I could find something I wanted used at a better price I jumped on it. Every new gun I get my hands on becomes used in a matter of hours normally. :)

Often while reading a thread I'll see a post that states : "I'll never sell my guns" or words to that effect.
This phrase is sometimes followed by a post that almost makes it sound like a capital crime to sell a gun.

I have sold or traded many a gun of mine.
Some were ones that I restored , others simply because I could and wanted something different.
A few were guns that I just could never seem to shoot very well.
One or two were sold "On the Cheap" to folks who were just starting out in the "Gun World" and wanted or needed a gun.
During some hard times a couple were equal to a house payment or two.

Of course I have guns that I would never sell or trade.
And have I suffered from "Traders Remorse" at times? You bet!

I have saved my pennies , stopped getting coffee out , used "Lay-away" and more to earn the extra cash to buy a gun.
But by selling or trading a gun of mine , that can allow me to get that "new to me gun that I gotta have", a bit quicker.

As the tread title asks , just wondering what others on here think about selling or trading.
Andy
Edit for pre-coffee typing.

I was pretty set against selling a gun and not getting one in return for awhile.

Then financial hardships hit and I even sold the hunting rifle I swore I wouldn't let go until I had got my first deer or elk with it. May not have filled a tag but lugged that thing for miles and miles and will always have those memories.

I have 2-3 left that I REALLY do not want to sell if I can afford to keep them (carry guns) but will if the situation dictates (hopefully my wife will switch jobs or I will get one to put us in a better spot as far as cash flow goes).

BUT, and this is a stead fast non negotiable rule - I will never sell my heirlooms or the first gun I bought at 18, no exceptions.

I have talked to too many folks that have some serious regret, not just sellers remorse, about pawning their grandpa's gun and can never get it back.

Will I re buy some of the models I've sold? Most likely and at more cash then I sold them for but the stuff I've sold can be found again if I'm willing to pony up the bucks for it. A lot of them were fun and I will get a different caliber or model on some of them after having tried things and changed my mind with age, experience and knowledge.

Ammo has come and gone as well.

One of my most lucrative transactions was a trade plus cash on his end so after saying no 4 times, his last offer was just stupid to pass up - that's how I ended up with a .45acp (a caliber I would have preferred not to need to stockpile lol - I'm a 9mm fanboy).

So trades can be good as long as everyone walks away happy.

Sold:

Remington 513T, .22LR target rifle - Regret
Browning .22LR, semi-auto rifle - Major Regret
Browning .22LR Medalist (case, counterweights, and all) - Tear-inducing Regret
Winchester .243 Model 88 - Some Regret

Last Edited:
I have probably owned well over a thousand guns in my life, so far....
I can only afford to keep 20 or 30 at any one point in time. Some I will never get rid of, because they shoot really good, I like them so much, or they are something I fear I can never replace.

Mostly non-sentimental about guns, they are tools. Some work well, some are lack luster, some are of such quality and performance that they earn a permanent home.

Ask yourself this you people who claim they will never sell a gun:

"How do you know it is the right gun for you until you have tried them all?"

Many guns that i have I will never get rid of because the people that gave them have been committed to eternity. They are a way of remembering.and honoring those that still mean a lot to me.

Only sold when had to, last one 3 years ago. I've given away three guns in the last year, a fourth soon. Prolly one of the best gifts I could ever give. i deeply value friendships, and giving a gun barely expresses how much.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top