JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns are a hobby and as an enthusiast, I like to try lots of different ones. Being a family man and a working man, I have bought, sold and traded when applicable. I have a few that have sentimental value that will never go, but I don't really regret any one I let go. It was replaced by something else. It's how I was able to get my collection to what I really really like and shoot well.

I've sold a bunch of guns, never regretted any sale except for the first gun I owned, a Ruger Blackhawk in .357. Not that it was anything special (other than the stocks I refinished), just that it was my first gun. Sentimental reasons. But I don't stay awake at night worrying about it!

There are some I like too much to sell. My 1885's, my S&W 629, etc.

My first gun was a Montgomery Ward's .22lr bolt action that eventually broke and I dumped it off at a local gunsmith as it wasn't worth it to me to fix. The first one I paid for with my own money was a Mossberg 12 gauge that started rusting on the mag tube after about a year. Both are so far in the rear view mirror I can't remember what they looked like.

BUT...my first pistol was a Ruger P89 stainless. Built like a tank, saved my bacon a couple of times and was sent back to Ruger at 12,000 for a tune-up. I still sold it and moved on, without regret. Although the random ad for one catches my eye and I can't NOT click on it.

I've had a great time trading & selling guns.

IMG_0309.GIF

My first gun was a Montgomery Ward's .22lr bolt action that eventually broke and I dumped it off at a local gunsmith as it wasn't worth it to me to fix. The first one I paid for with my own money was a Mossberg 12 gauge that started rusting on the mag tube after about a year. Both are so far in the rear view mirror I can't remember what they looked like.

BUT...my first pistol was a Ruger P89 stainless. Built like a tank, saved my bacon a couple of times and was sent back to Ruger at 12,000 for a tune-up. I still sold it and moved on, without regret. Although the random ad for one catches my eye and I can't NOT click on it.

P89 was my first pistol too. Big, heavy, reliable. I've bought and sold P89's 3 times now. Can't seem to stay away from them, but can't seem to hold onto them either.

I recently took a few of my guns to a local shop to consign to get some cash to start a business. I didn't really want to, but I have higher priorities right now. I still have a reasonable stash of firearms.

Guns are a hobby and as an enthusiast, I like to try lots of different ones. Being a family man and a working man, I have bought, sold and traded when applicable. I have a few that have sentimental value that will never go, but I don't really regret any one I let go. It was replaced by something else. It's how I was able to get my collection to what I really really like and shoot well.

I too have bought, sold and traded for various reasons; sometimes suffering seller's remorse, sometimes not. If I truly miss something I've sold then I usually end up getting another. Or planning to anyway.

I have given one gun away, a Phoenix Jam-o-matic, I was going to destroy it, but a friend wanted to test his non-existent gunsmithing skills. I warned him about 87 times and then gave it to him. I think he destroyed it. My only regret is I did not keep it for a gun buy back scheme.

I have sold a few guns over the years. Mostly to put food on the table. I have acquired a few over the years and now find my self in a bit of a dilemma, I'm 79 and suffer from COPD so I don't have a lot of years left. Also find I don't go to the range as much. I don't want the wife to have to deal with selling them. (she will get ripped off)
So I think I'm going to start selling. (If I can make myself do it,)

Last Edited:
Ha! Would never buy one in the first place. The only 'off-brand' pistol I ever bought was a Bersa Thunder in 380. Loved that little pop-gun.

I had one, sold it, and would like to get one again. I'm not much into .380, but for some reason, I just love that little gun.

If you ever owned a Hi-Point pistol, you may reconsider that statement...:rolleyes:

Lots of people talk a bad about hi points, for the price they are AWESOME! Mine shoots well and has a lifetime warranty. For $150 you betcha, and I'd do it again!

image.jpeg

And once she gets warmed up
image.jpeg

Best part about owning a hi point is after people snicker at it I get a chance to out shoot them at the range with it with their fancy "name brand" guns.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top