JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Has the current legal situation halted selling guns?

• Yes, it has. Sticking to my guns or something.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Sort of. At least some items.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • No, not really. Crossed my mind though.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Naw. Still selling when I feel like it.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Get down, get funky!

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
So, I have pondering selling off a couple rifles. They're ones I'm not shooting and we had a recent hospitalization in the family, which means extra bills coming. The wife, however, vetoed the idea. Her primary rationale was the current legal mess in Oregon, as well as possible further anti-freedom nonsense at the Federal level. I can't say she's wrong.

How about you? Has the present situation put an end to selling off arms or had no effect?

With the dumbazz laws in Washington regarding private sales...yes it has.

Which is sad for many reasons.

One of which for me at least ...
Is that what I am interested in...vintage 22 rifles and 20 gauge shotguns , used to be common and inexpensive.
Nowadays having to find a FFL...and pay a $50 transfer , along with $18 for the state...and having to wait 10 days or so....

Really puts the brakes on what was once a easy and inexpensive exchange.
Andy

Oops....just re-read the OP title ...
Selling is still off the table...for the same reasons...FFL fees , state fees and wait times....

All of the above of course really only matters if....one wants to do this legally.
Gun laws like those in Washington State , only create more "criminals" by otherwise law abiding folks ignoring dumbazz laws and simply doing as they please in this matter.

Last Edited:
Currently I have no guns I want to sell, but IF I did I would possibly be thinking hard about it and reconsidering.

Bottom line ? SB 941. Since 941 I have only sold one gun and it went smoothly. The new owner passed his BGC quickly so it was really no hassle however currently if I were to do it again It would be locally only (for me) and I would most likely never get involved in the shipping rabbit hole.

So, I have pondering selling off a couple rifles. They're ones I'm not shooting and we had a recent hospitalization in the family, which means extra bills coming. The wife, however, vetoed the idea. Her primary rationale was the current legal mess in Oregon, as well as possible further anti-freedom nonsense at the Federal level. I can't say she's wrong.

How about you? Has the present situation put an end to selling off arms or had no effect?
I don't sell only buy pretty much. But if I were planning on selling I would sell person to person at ffl in quick-time-harch. M114 stay of Raschio's ruling could come as early as this week or if it's not stayed then there is some time. Or if selling out of state then no pressure.

Edit: darn, can't find the Quick-time-harch scene from Mel brooks history of the world movie. Closest I can find:

View: https://youtu.be/74FWtmSdYDs?si=YawYgb8fEVRQEKi3

Last Edited:
I have most guns I want save a few. I won't be selling any and will just give them to my kids when the time is right. Washington used to be much freer when I was growing up, it frustrates and saddens me to see what this state has become. The 2 years I lived in Idaho was awesome, much freer there…but I digress.

During the time I was a Full time Custom Knifemaker I sold some of the firearms. Some I had gotten in trade others bought outright. Well as soon as I stopped having to figure out how the electric bill was going to get paid, etc.( cause I got a job that actually paid) I stopped selling any firearms. I did trade one away But got something in return I was very happy with (a stock 10-22 for a Winchester 1906 in great working condition that is so beat up it is cool as well as a Mauser 98 Lg ring action that I sold for $250) But no sales since 1996.

During the time I was selling I sold

Winchester model 72 bolt .22
Winchester model 1890 .22long
Winchester model 67 bolt .22

Smith Corona O3-A3 as issued trim
M1 Carbine Inland (from Korean Armory return
Ruger M77R in 22-250 with a Ram line stock and 3-9 Bushnell scope
Remington 572 Pump .22
Remington 552 semi .22
Llama .22 Mini 1911
Llama .380 Mini 1911
Tec 9 SO GLAD TO GET RID OF THIS POS
Bauer .25 auto

And I lost a Beretta AL-1at a Pawn shop when I couldn't afford to redeem it

SO as you can see some nice toys went to pay bills and Aside from the Tec 9 and the Llama .22 (horrible accuracy) I regret all of them. The WInchesters, O3-A3, and Carbine, Remingtons the most.

I never sell, but I have not bought a piece since June 30, 2019 - the day before that POS law I-1639 took effect on July 1, 2019. Ain't worth the hassle anymore.

Like many of my "hobbies", guns come and go.
The legalities of buying and selling have certainly changed and have taken a lot of fun and money out of the equation.
I've bought and sold a few in the last three years, but not nearly as many as when we weren't restricted, like we are now.
I regret selling a few of them, but most were just a springboard onto the next cool thing.

Money is a little tighter now, as I started my own shop a year ago. If I was in a bind, I'd sell some of them to "take care of business".

I'm not very happy being treated like a criminal when I am most certainly not.

I've always looked at polls like this one that ask us about our dealings with firearms as unnecessary info that the ATF doesn't need to know. Also since everything on the interwebs is now "for ever" that's the reason I don't really divulge anything.

Don't have anything I would want to sell at the moment - spent the last 2 years buying like mad, but selectively, so everything in the collection at this point is something I either really enjoy or have a need for. However, if I were to want to sell anything, most items in my collection could not be sold here in WA, so that would put a bit of damper on things.

VWW is no longer serving the general public as of this latest batch of communist laws.
We are referring all of our return customers to https://alammollc.godaddysites.com/

I feel that the way all the Commies that dictate to us in this State.
Likely have operatives going around to entrap you for the smallest of mistakes
And I Enjoyed doing it for as long as we did ,
Wife and I are thinking about moving to Idaho you still have freedom there where in this state it is suppressed
In Idaho you don't even have to have a carry permit to carry . That's the way to should be or so i have heard

Last Edited:
I've not bought or sold anything in quite some time. There's a few handguns that don't get used anymore that I should probably offload, but yeah, the current WA requirements are more than I'm willing to deal with. I may list them in MT this spring when I'm back out there. There's also not enough value in them that it would make some huge financial difference in my life either, so I'm content just sitting on them as well.

For buying, there just isn't anything I need right now and have other priorities (getting our asses fulltime in MT being #1)!

There is, however, slight itch for a side-by-side 20ga upland gun that seems to have festered.

Have I been lying to myself the entire time?
Yes, about many things!

Last Edited:
May I suggest adding, "No, because I'm like the Hotel California for guns"…..

I'd pick that option if available.
For the most part, I really wish my pockets are/were deep enough to have kept all of the guns I've owned.
That list is long. There were a few that were "good riddance", but if money and space was never an issue, they would have been good curiosities to hang onto.

Poor me.

I've always looked at polls like this one that ask us about our dealings with firearms as unnecessary info that the ATF doesn't need to know. Also since everything on the interwebs is now "for ever" that's the reason I don't really divulge anything.
Wait, what??? I too don't tell the whole truth on the internet either…

This was the last time I got out lately, I sure make it worth my while before the rest home goons find me. :D:D

IMG_2620.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top