JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Has the current legal situation halted selling guns?

• Yes, it has. Sticking to my guns or something.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Sort of. At least some items.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • No, not really. Crossed my mind though.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Naw. Still selling when I feel like it.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Get down, get funky!

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
The ongoing legalities have a major influence on doing any selling or trading. Just on the possible we might never be able to get "whatever" (or similar) back.

Am lucky I suppose, in that we have many of our "wants" already. Not all, but most.

Have 1 "want" in-route, and 2 more short listed.

Zero slated to be sold or traded, whereas without legalities concerns such off the top of my head would likely be around a dozen (give or take a few) would be sold/traded off.

-Obviously everyone's situations are different, and needs to be taken into account. Ex we have had the luck & providence of good health, decent incomes & own our home out rite.

Such/similar could change seemingly in an instant though. Ex our salaries cut 10% recently, with looming downsizing with other divisions experiencing layoffs &/or complete guts of all support/secondary staff...

VWW is no longer serving the general public as of this latest batch of communist laws.
We are referring all of our return customers to https://alammollc.godaddysites.com/

I feel that the way all the Commies that dictate to us in this State.
Likely have operatives going around to entrap you for the smallest of mistakes
And I Enjoyed doing it for as long as we did ,
Wife and I are thinking about moving to Idaho you still have freedom there where in this state it is suppressed
In Idaho you don't even have to have a carry permit to carry . That's the way to should be or so i have heard
Just like every other red state West of the Rockies, the communist are making it their lives work to turn every red state blue. Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona all have been infiltrated by the progressives. Just look at the political power distribution in the big cities and you will see that this is the truth.
Look at what's been happening in Texas, Georgia, Tennessee and NC the last 10 years. They are dug in like Alabama ticks. :eek:
Necromongers are real in present times.

The ongoing legalities have a major influence on doing any selling or trading. Just on the possible we might never be able to get "whatever" (or similar) back.
That's definitely a big factor for me. I remember 94-2004 couldn't buy standard capacity mags or any of the interesting guns (such as ARs) I wanted. I simply will not go through that again. I'd rather have more than I need than go through that. Plus gun regulations are only going to increase, never decrease, in the future. Some younger folks did not experience that time of government imposed drought.

It hasn't prevented me from listing guns for sale and selling them when I get a buyer; it has, however, prevented some people from buying, IMO.

Market is weird right now.

Every once-in-a-while I have considered selling some excess or rarely used guns.

My wife, the accountant, always says: " NO! Guns and ammo are like money in the bank".

When she says the price of guns and ammo will never go down, I have always come to my senses.

Oh, and just in case anyone asks, no, she does not have a sister.
And no, I won't take anything in trade. No-way any of you could even dream of affording such a deal - let alone not being able to deal with what you think you can afford . . .

Hasn't really stopped me, though I have considered the difficulty of re-acquiring down the road if I decide I made a mistake. I generally only sell when I'm truly over the gun in question and would just rather turn the space/funds into something different. I tend to offer an exceptional deal and am willing to yield to buyer's convenience some if that's the difference between selling dead weight or keeping it

Now that there is technology available to accomplish this, this is a future rendition of the caveman.
I'm not gonna cut it off until they physically do it to me, then they better hope that I don't haunt them for it after I'm gone. ;)
I figured. Me too man. I've had my facial hair since I was out of high school. And I'll have it when they slide me into that big oven! I hope, nah, don't really care at that point.

Selling just isn't cost effective in current economy for me. I never bought into the new generation of firearms. Anything I could possibly break even on, I want to keep.

What is this "sell guns" of which you speak? :s0108: I've spent a lifetime getting my collection/selection close to where I want it! There are still a couple I'd like to have, but frankly at my age and condition of preservation there is little I require at this point. At least none I'd tell the Old Woman about! she nailed me just last week with the old "When you're gone, waddamuhspozado with all this stuff?" question. I have no kids or nephews or otherwise obvious heirs so.. a yard sale or auction?
Meanwhile, there is this new stainless Colt King Cobra I've been lusting after...:s0110:

In a few more years I'm thinking I'll be done with the ammo business and will most likely sell off some of the "test fixtures" that I have little interest in keeping. So I've been paying attention to the current legalities for that process. Mostly now days I try to trade up and there by share the pain at the FFL.

Edited to add: I was the Roseburg gun show this weekend and saw a lot of new gun cases walking out the door so I'd say people are still buying in general.

In decades past, I sold a few guns, out of necessity. Wish I had them all back. Our situation is different now and I've sold a few more recently, without regret. If I were to buy something now, it would be to fill the gap between 7mmRM and .308, and that's just ridiculous!
The new laws and dimslee fees are much more a deterrent to buying. Selling, not so much.

Due to the uniformed/indoctrinated/necromongers of the public that continues to vote for this type of garbage legislation because it's "for the children". It gives the communist total control to disarm citizens (their serfs/tax cattle) in Warshington, death by 1000 cuts.
We, the law abiding/peaceable citizens cannot win unless the inevitable happens.

I have to many guns in the safe. If you saw my safe I have enough to arm a small militia. Every gun has a specific role to fill every gun was bought with a specific purpose in mind. I'm curious how many people are getting into drones after seeing how warfare is now fought with them . I have never been big on drones but after seeing that Ukraine/Russia footage makes you wonder.

I've only sold one gun in the past 30 years (and regretted that sale) so I have nothing to say about new laws slowing my selling. I can tell you, however, that recent changes have slowed my buying.

Don't get me wrong, it's not new laws that are stopping me. Although not happy about it, I am willing to jump through a few new hoops to buy a few specific firearms that I've been scanning the ads for. Problem is, every time one of those gets listed FS here, it seems to be offered by an Oregon seller who bluntly states they won't do out of state sales, or won't sell to Washington residents, or won't ship. With the door barred like that, the seller is not going to hear from me at all. Maybe the firearm sells just fine in the self-limited market, or maybe not.

What I have to ask is, what is the actual problem in dealing with a WA buyer whose money is good, who is willing to travel for a FTF meeting at your FFL, and also willing to pay the freight to have that firearm shipped to a Washington FFL? Wouldn't an Oregon seller have to go through exactly the same amount of effort to deal with any in-state buyer? If there is some extra hassle in that situation that I'm unaware of, then please educate me.

Last Edited:
I've only sold one gun in the past 30 years (and regretted that sale) so I have nothing to say about new laws slowing my selling. I can tell you, however, that recent changes have slowed my buying.

Don't get me wrong, it's not new laws that are stopping me. Although not happy about it, I am willing to jump through a few new hoops to buy a few specific firearms that I've been scanning the ads for. Problem is, every time one of those gets listed FS here, it seems to be offered by an Oregon seller who bluntly states they won't do out of state sales, or won't sell to Washington residents, or won't ship. With the door barred like that, the seller isn't gong to hear from me, at all. Maybe the firearm sells just fine in the self-limited market, or maybe not.

What I have to ask is, what is the actual problem in dealing with a WA buyer whose money is good, who is willing to travel for a FTF meeting at your FFL, and also willing to pay the freight to have that firearm shipped to a Washington FFL? Wouldn't an Oregon seller have to go through exactly the same amount of effort to deal with any in-state buyer? If there is some extra hassle in that situation that I'm unaware of, then please educate me.
I don't know but would guess just general discomfort of not having done it before. You driving to their FFL I agree is no added hassle to the seller at all, but it may appear to the seller that there is an added hassle for any out of state purchase cuz they have never done it before. Changing state laws, different waiting periods may complicate the appearance of extra hassles to the seller. It's hard enough to keep track of m114, background check waiting periods, and 3-5 day release policies for OR much less another state.

Fe a seller may be Leary of mailing it to WA via an FFL cuz there is no guarantee it passes WA background check or conflicts with some legal issue in WA. Which means gun has to be mailed back which costs $, waiting, and driving to get gun only to have to repeat the whole thing again to the next potential buyer. I'm only guessing though. Those are some possible reasons I can think of.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top