JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love trading. I've been able to get a few trades done with nwfa members. Obviously it was so much better prior to sb941 but it's always comforting when both parties get what they want. Selling? Love the cash but will admit I haven't had much luck lately selling firearm related items. Oh and I love buying when the budget allows :cool:.

Lyman makes a nice peep sight ( the model 66 ) that you drill and tap on the side of the receiver.
Your rifle might have been drilled and tapped by Marlin , not sure when they started doing that.
Anyway a peep sight works really well and is a nice alternative to a scope...
Andy
I have 2 waffle tops. A 1949 F and a 1952 J and both are drilled and tapped on the side of the receiver for the peep sight.

Don

The peep sight mounts to the back of the receiver. Just in front of the hammer. No mods to the stock. There are 2 factory drilled and tapped holes for them. My 49 still has the plug screws. At least I assume they are factory plug screws. Who knows.

Don

Yes the 1950 has the factory drilled and tapped side for a Lyman peep sight. My eyes are getting so bad its hard to see the sights on my 1911 so I didnt figure I would be able to see a pep sight either. Maybe I should save up for that laser surgery on my eyes to see if I would be able to see the sights? Or maybe I can try the Lyman peeps and if I cant see them.. pass the little lever gun off to my son in law as he loves it...

Yes the 1950 has the factory drilled and tapped side for a Lyman peep sight. My eyes are getting so bad its hard to see the sights on my 1911 so I didnt figure I would be able to see a pep sight either. Maybe I should save up for that laser surgery on my eyes to see if I would be able to see the sights? Or maybe I can try the Lyman peeps and if I cant see them.. pass the little lever gun off to my son in law as he loves it...
I love my peep sight but my old eyes can't use them at dusk
I will try the sight with the insert removed next time

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews